Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Wild char getting expanded in echo Post 303020785 by arunkumar_mca on Friday 27th of July 2018 10:34:01 AM
Old 07-27-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgersh99
In addition to double-quoting $1 in print_log, I'd enable set -x in the script and in the function call and see what comes out....

Adding quotes in printlog worked. Thanks a lot

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Macros expanded output of c files

Hi, I want to just expand the macros in a set of c files from a filelist which are in different directories. I don't want the header files included in the c file to be expanded. I have a perl script which does gcc -E <infile> -I <path to search for header files> -imacros <infile> But in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spsenthil
1 Replies

2. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wild char * in if

if ; then => is it correct? i need to check 10 files size and do the same action. The file name is same but extension of the files are different. how do i deal with it? Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nidhink
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redirect contained in variable not expanded as expected

Hi all, I have a selection of files that contain several commands that write to a file and are started as background processes similar to below. command_to_run_simulator -simulator_arguments > log_file 2>&1 & command_to_run_simulator -simulator_arguments > log_file 2>&1 &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noose
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

List file with variables expanded

Hello, I have this problem. I have script file, e.g. #!/usr/bin/ksh echo $MY_DIR ls -lt $MY_DIR I want to list the script but with MY_DIR variable expanded. E.g. MY_DIR=/abc/xyz (in shell MY_DIR is set) So I want to list the script and see: #!/usr/bin/ksh echo /abc/xyz ls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: r1omen
6 Replies

6. Solaris

war file not expanded (tomcat solaris)

hi .. my example.war file is not expanded in the webapps folder.. could u guide me why the file is not expanded when i restart tomcat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

7. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

8. Solaris

zpool hasn't expanded

Hi Guys, I have a raidz zpool that consists of four disks. 2x2TB, 1x1TB and 1x0.75TB. Originally it was only 1x1TB, 3x0.75TB, and I had around 1.7TB of storage capacity. I've just switched out two of the 0.75TB disks for the 2x2TB ones. I did this one at a time and now the resilvering is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudigarude
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How the home alias (~) is it expanded?

echo $HOME return : /home/user1echo ~ return : /home/user1My_path=~/bin/"some dir1/some dir2" kate "$My_path/some_file"Kate open a file "~/~/bin/some dir1/some dir2/some_file" which does not exists. I was expecting kate to open : "~/bin/some dir1/some dir2/some_file" Any help is welcome. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
8 Replies
MDBTools(1)															       MDBTools(1)

NAME
mdb-sql - SQL interface to MDB Tools SYNOPSIS
mdb-sql [-HFp] [-d delimiter] [-i file] [-o file] [database] DESCRIPTION
mdb-sql is a utility program distributed with MDB Tools. mdb-sql allows querying of an MDB database using a limited SQL subset language. OPTIONS
-H Supress header row. -F Supress footer row. -p Turn off pretty printing. By default results are printed in an ascii table format which looks nice but is not conducive to manipu- lating the output with unix tools. This option prints output plainly in a tab separated format. -d Specify an alternative column delimiter. If no delimiter is specified, columns will be delimited by a tab character if pretty print- ing (-p) is turned off. If pretty printing is enabled this option is meaningless. -i Specify an input file. This option allows an input file containing the SQL to be passed to mdb-sql. See Notes. -o Specify an output file. This option allows the name of an output file to be used instead of stdout. COMMANDS
mdb-sql in interactive mode takes some special commands. connect to <database> If no database was specified on the command line this command is necessary before any querys are issued. It also allows the switch- ing of databases once in the tool. disconnect Will disconnect from the current database. go Each batch is sent to the parser using the 'go' command. reset A batch can be cleared using the 'reset' command. list tables The list tables command will display a list of available tables in this database, similar to the mdb-tables utility on the command line. describe table <table> Will display the column information for the specified table. quit Will exit the tool. SQL LANGUAGE
The currently implemented SQL subset is quite small, supporting only single table queries, no aggregates, and limited support for WHERE clauses. Here is a brief synopsis of the supported language. select: SELECT [* | <column list>] FROM <table> WHERE <where clause> column list: <column> [, <column list>] where clause: <column> <operator> <literal> [AND <where clause>] operator: =, =>, =<, <>, like, <, > literal: integers, floating point numbers, or string literal in single quotes NOTES
When passing a file (-i) or piping output to mdb-sql the final 'go' is optional. This allow constructs like echo "Select * from Table1" | mdb-sql mydb.mdb to work correctly. The -i command can be passed the string 'stdin' to test entering text as if using a pipe. ENVIRONMENT
MDB_JET3_CHARSET Defines the charset of the input JET3 (access 97) file. Default is CP1252. See iconv(1). MDBICONV Defines the output charset. Default is UTF-8. mdbtools must have been compiled with iconv. MDBOPTS semi-column separated list of options: o use_index o no_memo o debug_like o debug_write o debug_usage o debug_ole o debug_row o debug_props o debug_all is a shortcut for all debug_* options HISTORY
mdb-sql first appeared in MDB Tools 0.3. SEE ALSO
gmdb2(1) mdb-export(1) mdb-hexdump(1) mdb-prop(1) mdb-ver(1) mdb-array(1) mdb-header(1) mdb-parsecsv(1) mdb-schema(1) mdb-tables(1) AUTHORS
The mdb-sql utility was written by Brian Bruns. BUGS
The supported SQL syntax is a very limited subset and deficient in several ways. 0.7 13 July 2013 MDBTools(1)