Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Update to Navbar - Member Info and Avatars Post 303020427 by vgersh99 on Thursday 19th of July 2018 10:09:08 AM
Old 07-19-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Hey Vlad,

I removed a lot of the extra padding from that the user header in postbit.

We could make this space use even less real estate if we moved some of the info in the right side user info in each post to a drop down menu or pop-up panel:

For example, here his the current info:

Code:
Last Activity: 18 July 2018, 4:17 PM EDT
Thanked 4,013 Times in 3,690 Posts

Maybe make this?

Code:
User Info

.. and then put the info in a drop down table like in the center menu navbar?
Heya,
this is looking very good and compact.
I like the idea of the drop-down table from a single item click - makes the user header even more thinner. Let's see how it looks when you get the time.
Thanks for all the effort!
Me.

------ Post updated at 10:09 AM ------

Hey Neo,
if/when you get some cycles, you might want to look at the headers of the Who's Online page - could probably be compacted as well.
Thanks
This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Just wondering why the board is configured not to show any avatars in the post displays? I haven't seen anyone else asking this question and there is no mention of it by the admins anywhere (correct me if I am wrong).... A little bit of playfulness would do unix.com good :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patvdv
2 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how do i get those avatars on the bottom of my user name? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grizzly1
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Update my info

I hadn't logged on here in several months. I want to update my info, such as the email address that I can be contacted at, but I don't see any links to do that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cleopard
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Update to Posts - Member Info Icon and Badge

Hey, Upgrade (step 1) the posts, by putting a "user info" icon in the top right and making it so it toggles the user info. The user info icon has a badge which shows the number of posts. I will have to dig around in the code more to get the total posts thanks and other badges working; but... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
22 Replies

5. Web Development

Update to Member List - New Click Options

FYI, Have updated our memberlist : https://www.unix.com/members/list/?order=DESC&sort=lastvisit&pp=30 $cat memberlist.php ... 375 // added next line by neo 15 Nov 2018 376 $condition .= ' AND credits > 0'; ... The reason for this change is insure the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
d_menu_proc(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      d_menu_proc(3alleg4)

NAME
d_menu_proc - Dialog procedure implementing a menu bar object. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int d_menu_proc(int msg, DIALOG *d, int c); DESCRIPTION
This object is a menu bar which will drop down child menus when it is clicked or if an alt+key corresponding to one of the shortcuts in the menu is pressed. It ignores a lot of the fields in the dialog structure, in particular the color is taken from the gui_*_color variables, and the width and height are calculated automatically (the w and h fields from the DIALOG are only used as a minimum size.) The dp field points to an array of menu structures: see do_menu() for more information. The top level menu will be displayed as a horizontal bar, but when child menus drop down from it they will be in the normal vertical format used by do_menu(). When a menu item is selected, the return value from the menu callback function is passed back to the dialog manager, so your callbacks should return D_O_K, D_REDRAW, or D_CLOSE. SEE ALSO
active_menu(3alleg4), gui_menu_draw_menu(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 d_menu_proc(3alleg4)