Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If test array element multiplication Post 303020354 by gtsonoma on Tuesday 17th of July 2018 09:59:46 AM
Old 07-17-2018
Chubler_XL interesting, I was sure that was one method I had tried, your tip does get it done, thank you

rbatte1 yes, creating / assigning the second dump device on the 2nd disk, making sure it is bosbooted and setting the bootlist are all in scope for the script. I will also script the proper sizing of both dump devices. The script will also back ground the syncvg cmd. Since some of my rootvg's are rather large it will take some time for them to sync and I will not hang my script processing waiting on that. The script will also have a current status option, thanks.
This User Gave Thanks to gtsonoma For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

accessing my first element of array

Hello everyonel, I have an array set like so num=4 read name arr=name I go through while loop to assign different values to different array element from 1 to 4. when I try to access the FIRST element of the array I get the last one first. Like if I say ${arr} it will show the last element... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding array element in KSH

All, I would like to add the first 10 elements of an array. Here is how I am doing it now (only included first few add ops): #!/usr/bin/ksh ###Grab the array values out of a file### TOTAL=`awk '/time/' /tmp/file.out | awk '{print $4}'` set -A times $TOTAL SUM=$((${times} + times... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shift array element

I want to delete and 0th element of array in shell scrpit and also shift all others to one level up. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove an element from array

I need to remove an element from the below array variable TABLENAME. #!/bin/ksh set -A TABLENAME "mirf roxar keke mirs" echo "the array is ${TABLENAME}" If i need to remove say keke and have the final TABLENAME as below, how this could be achieved. Pls throw some light. echo "Modified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

previous element in the array perl

Hi, How to get previous/next element in the array perl Example @queue = (1, 2 ,3 , 4); I want to get value of 1 and 2, or, 2 and 3, or 3 and 4...etc and compare to value which one is greater to do that I need to get previous and next element of array ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guidely
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl XML::DOM: How to test if element exists?

Hi, I'm trying to write a script for some xml file handling, but I'm not getting too far with it. I've got the following xml content <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Test xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" > <Operation name="OPER1"> <Action name="ACTION1">... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiplying array element

I am trying to take all the elements of an array and multiply them by 2, and then copy them to a new array. Here is what I have i=0 for true in DMGLIST do let DMGSIZES2="${DMGSIZES}"*2 let i++ done unset i echo ${DMGSIZES2} It does the calculation correctly for the first element,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh insert element in array

Hi all, I need help with the following scenario in ksh. If the number of elements contained by arrayA is 11 I need to insert a zero as the element arrayA then print all arrayA elements separated by comma. Appreciate your help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiplication of array elements

Hi, I can't find out how to create correct code to get multiplication of each elements of array. Let's say I enter array into command line (2 3 4 5 6 8) and i need output 2*3*4*5*6*8=5760. I tried this one, but answer is 0. for i in $@; do mult=$((mult*i))done echo "mult: " $mult ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimasbimas
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array Element

This question is for someone that's more familiar with Array Element. I need to know if the maximum array element that can be assigned is 1024 and if its so, Is there a workaround solution when the counter exceeded 1024? param_array="$param_nam" counter=$counter+1 #to avoid space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
3 Replies
fribidi_get_mirror_char(3)					Programmer's Manual					fribidi_get_mirror_char(3)

NAME
fribidi_get_mirror_char - get mirrored character SYNOPSIS
#include <fribidi.h> fribidi_boolean fribidi_get_mirror_char ( FriBidiChar ch, FriBidiChar *mirrored_ch ); PARAMETERS
FriBidiChar ch Input character. FriBidiChar *mirrored_ch Output mirrored character. DESCRIPTION
This function finds the mirrored equivalent of a character as defined in the file BidiMirroring.txt of the Unicode Character Database available at http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/BidiMirroring.txt. If the input character is a declared as a mirroring character in the Unicode standard and has a mirrored equivalent. The matching mir- rored character is put in the output, otherwise the input character itself is put. RETURNS
If the character has a mirroring equivalent or not. SEE ALSO
fribidi_charset_to_unicode(3), fribidi_unicode_to_charset(3), fribidi_parse_charset(3), fribidi_shape_arabic(3), fribidi_get_par_direc- tion(3), fribidi_get_par_embedding_levels(3), fribidi_reorder_line(3), fribidi_get_bidi_type(3), fribidi_get_bidi_types(3), fribidi_get_bidi_type_name(3), fribidi_debug_status(3), fribidi_mirroring_status(3), fribidi_set_mirroring(3), fribidi_reorder_nsm_sta- tus(3), fribidi_set_reorder_nsm(3), fribidi_log2vis_get_embedding_levels(3), fribidi_get_type(3), fribidi_get_type_internal(3), fribidi_remove_bidi_marks(3), fribidi_log2vis(3), fribidi_join_arabic(3), fribidi_get_joining_type(3), fribidi_get_joining_types(3), fribidi_get_joining_type_name(3), fribidi_shape_mirroring(3), fribidi_shape(3) GNU FriBidi 0.19.2 30 January 2006 fribidi_get_mirror_char(3)