Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Precaution during Quorum Server Reboot Post 303020343 by sb200 on Tuesday 17th of July 2018 05:13:40 AM
Old 07-17-2018
Precaution during Quorum Server Reboot

Hi

I need to know what are the precaution we should take during quorum server reboot as this quorum server is providing quorum devices to five different solaris two node clusters.

Also let me know do I have to follow below procedure as well before and after reboot of quorum server

Do I have to put those cluster quorum devices in maintenance state by running below command in one node of each of the five clusters before reboot of quorum server

Code:
clq disable <quorumdevice>

After reboot of quorum server , I need to enable the quorum device on one node of each of the five clusters by running below command

Code:
clq enable <quorumdevice>

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Reboot the sco server

Dear sir, I am using sco open server 5.06.How we can reboot the system without using root password? Whar are the permision need to change to do this. Thanks, Mostafizur Rahman (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmanm
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Server Reboot Alert

I want to get an email alert from a cronjob when a server got rebooted unexpectedly. Please help. Thanks! :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angloi
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

server reboot

hi all, :) for a reboot of sun box for patch installation i would like to know where do the reboot logs apart from /var/adm/messages and patch run messages would be available, i would like to know the sequence of messages logged in the file like requesting the users to log out sending a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
1 Replies

4. AIX

IP setting changes after server reboot

I've recently changed my gateway setting using SMIT. Everything went fine except that the gateway setting kept reverting back to the old one everytime I reboot the server. I'm on AIX 5.2 running p-Series. Thanks for any info. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dereklow
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Reboot the server through console

Hi All, I want to know the procedure like if server is down, i want to reboot the server through console ($rsc or $sc prompt).Could you please help me out. I would really appreciate your cooperation. thanks for understanding regards krishna (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
5 Replies

6. Linux

Linux server reboot

We reboot our linux servers daily. Is it needed ? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Precaution to access user mode buffers from kernel

When accessing a user mode buffers from kernel space drivers what precautions must we take and how those precautions need to be implemented? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Validate mountpoints on solaris server after server reboot

Hi, anyone please let us know how to write shell script to find the missing mountpoints after server reboot. i want to take the mountpount information before server reboot, and validate the mountpoints after server reboot if any missing.please let us know the shell script from begining to end as... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: VenkatReddy786
24 Replies

9. Red Hat

Server reboot

Hi, The server got rebooted and below messages can be seen in /var/log/messages Sep 7 10:49:12 minersville kernel: Call Trace: <IRQ> <ffffffff80167420>{__alloc_pages+796} Sep 7 10:49:12 minersville kernel: <ffffffff80182814>{kmem_getpages+106} <ffffffff80183c16>{fallback_alloc+304}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
3 Replies
scconf_quorum_dev_scsi(1M)				  System Administration Commands				scconf_quorum_dev_scsi(1M)

NAME
scconf_quorum_dev_scsi - Add and remove shared SCSI quorum devices and change various SCSI cluster quorum configuration properties or states. SYNOPSIS
scconf {-a|-c|-r} -q globaldev=devicename otheroptions scconf {-a|-c|-r} -q name=devicename otheroptions DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. A SCSI quorum device is considered to be any Sun Cluster supported, attached storage that is connected to two or more nodes of the cluster. The device must be managed by DID, and the device name that is provided must be a DID device name. The SCSI quorum device has no other properties that can be specified. OPTIONS
The following options are specific to shared disk quorum devices. See scconf(1M) for the list of supported generic options. See scconf_quo- rum_dev_netapp_nas(1M) for options that are specific to NAS quorum devices. The add and remove forms of the command are used to add and remove shared quorum devices to or from the configuration. The change form of the command is used for changing various properties of cluster quorum configuration. The -q quorum-options available for each of the three forms of the command can be used to change the cluster quorum configuration are as follows: Add a shared quorum device: -q -a globaldev=devicename[, node=node,node=node[, ...]] or -q -a name= devicename,type=scsi or -q -a autoconfig[,noop] Change a property or state of quorum configuration: -q -c globaldev=devicename,{maintstate | reset} or -q -c autoconfig[,noop] Remove a shared quorum device: -q -r globaldev=devicename or -q -r name=devicename autoconfig When used with the add form of the command, automatically chooses and assigns one quorum device in the two-node cluster. The quorum device is chosen from the available devices. If a quorum device is already configured, the command aborts. When used with the change form of the command, automatically chooses and assigns one device that replaces all existing quorum devices in the two-node cluster. The quorum device is chosen from the available devices. All available devices in the cluster must be qualified to be a quorum device. The autoconfig suboption does not assess whether an available device is qualified to be a quorum device. If the cluster contains more than two nodes, the autoconfig suboption makes no changes to the quorum configuration. Do not use the autoconfig suboption if you intend to configure a NAS device as quorum. [,noop] Is valid with the autoconfig suboption. The command prints to standard output the list of quorum devices that the autoconfig suboption would add or change. The autoconfig,noop suboption makes no changes to the quorum configuration. When scconf is interrupted or fails while performing quorum-related operations, quorum configuration information can become inconsistent in the cluster configuration database. If an inconsistency occurs, either run the same scconf command again or run it with the reset option to reset the quorum information. With the add form of the command, if a name is specified without a node list, the quorum device is added with a port defined for every node to which the device is attached. But, if a node list is given, at least two nodes must be provided, and each node in the list must be ported to the device. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Adding SCSI Quorum Devices The following scconf commands adds a SCSI quorum device. -a -q globaldev=/dev/did/rdsk/d4s2 or -a -q name=/dev/did/rdsk/d4s2,type=scsi Example 2 Changing SCSI Quorum Devices The following scconf command changes a SCSI quorum device configuration. -c -q globaldev=/dev/did/rdsk/d4s2,reset or -c -q name=/dev/did/rdsk/d4s2,reset Example 3 Removing SCSI Quorum Devices The following scconf command removes the SCSI quorum device. qd1. -r -q globaldev=qd1 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clquorum(1CL), cluster(1CL), scconf(1M), scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas(1M) Sun Cluster 3.2 10 Apr 2006 scconf_quorum_dev_scsi(1M)