Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Failure rate of a node / Data center Post 303020079 by chercheur111 on Thursday 12th of July 2018 05:37:42 PM
Old 07-12-2018
What operating system are you using?

Linux OS (Ubuntu distribution)

What shell are you using?

shell bash

How do you expect to deduce a failure rate from a single point in time? Are you instead maybe looking for a percentage of network node failures at this point in time?

This is only a simple example. I will generate an history of some days.

What output are you hoping to produce from the sample input you have provided?

The MTBF (mean-time-between-failures) of each node.

What have you tried on your own to get the output you want?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Cloud Enabling Computing for the Next Generation Data Center

Hear how the changing needs of massive scale-out computing is driving a transfomation in technology and learn how HP is supporting this new evolution of the web. More... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Need to set up a HP cluster system in a data center

What are the server requirements, Software requirements, Network requirements etc, Please help me.. as 'm new 'm unable to get things done @ my end alone. Please refrain from typing subjects completely in upper case letters to get more attention, ty. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

Problem in RedHat Cluster Node while network Failure or in Hang mode

Hi, We are having many RedHat linux Server with Cluster facility for availability of service like HTTPD / MySQL. We face some issue while some issue related to power disturbance / fluctuation or Network failure. There is two Cluster Node configured in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirenkmistry
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Cut Over to New Data Center and Upgraded OS Done. :)

Three days ago we received an expected notice from our long time data center that they were going dark on Sept 12th. About one and a half hours ago, after three days of marathon work, I just cut over the unix.com to a new data center with a completely new OS and Ubuntu distribution. (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
22 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Resolved: Issue in Server Data Center

Dear All, There was a problem in the data center data, which caused the server to be unreachable for about an hour. Server logs show the server did not crash or go down. Hence, I assume there was a networking issue at the data center. Still waiting for final word on what happened. ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

OUTAGE: Data Center Problem Resolved.

There was a problem with our data center today, creating a site outage (server unreachable). That problem has been resolved. Basically, it seems to have been a socially engineered denial-of-service attack against UNIX.com; which I stopped as soon as I found out what the problem was. Total... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
WIPE(1) 							     LAM TOOLS								   WIPE(1)

NAME
wipe - Shutdown LAM. SYNTAX
wipe [-bdhv] [-n <#>] [<bhost>] OPTIONS
-b Assume local and remote shell are the same. This means that only one remote shell invocation is used to each node. If -b is not used, two remote shell invocations are used to each node. -d Turn on debugging mode. This implies -v. -h Print the command help menu. -v Be verbose. -n <#> Wipe only the first <#> nodes. DESCRIPTION
This command has been deprecated in favor of the lamhalt command. wipe should only be necessary if lamhalt fails and is unable to clean up the LAM run-time environment properly. The wipe tool terminates the LAM software on each of the machines specified in the boot schema, <bhost>. wipe is the topology tool that terminates LAM on the UNIX(tm) nodes of a multicomputer system. It invokes tkill(1) on each machine. See tkill(1) for a description of how LAM is terminated on each node. The <bhost> file is a LAM boot schema written in the host file syntax. CPU counts in the boot schema are ignored by wipe. See bhost(5). Instead of the command line, a boot schema can be specified in the LAMBHOST environment variable. Otherwise a default file, bhost.def, is used. LAM searches for <bhost> first in the local directory and then in the installation directory under etc/. wipe does not quit if a particular remote node cannot be reached or if tkill(1) fails on any node. A message is printed if either of these failures occur, in which case the user should investigate the cause of failure and, if necessary, terminate LAM by manually executing tkill(1) on the problem node(s). In extreme cases, the user may have to terminate individual LAM processes with kill(1). wipe will terminate after a limited number of nodes if the -n option is given. This is mainly intended for use by lamboot(1), which invokes wipe when a boot does not successfully complete. EXAMPLES
wipe -v mynodes Shutdown LAM on the machines described in the boot schema, mynodes. Report about important steps as they are done. FILES
$LAMHOME/etc/lam-bhost.def default boot schema file SEE ALSO
recon(1), lamboot(1), tkill(1), bhost(5), lam-helpfile(5) LAM 6.5.8 November, 2002 WIPE(1)