Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New Login Button for UNIX.COM Post 303020004 by Neo on Wednesday 11th of July 2018 11:52:56 PM
Old 07-12-2018
LOL, I cannot afford to NOT have a big monitor. That's one reason I'm so far behind on getting this site's code based more modernized. I can't get anything of value done working on a 13" MacBook Air screen, but WOW, on a 34" gaming monitor, I can produce!

That's one good thing that came out of my diversion from taking care of modernizing this site for nearly 1.5 yeqrs and working coding in C# and Unity3D. It was because of my research in cybersecurity visualization and cyberspace virtualization, that I got this big monitor, and I had to learn from scratch to code in C#. Now that I've tabled that project (because the Unity game engine does not support native parallel processing and multi-core, multi-threading), my JavaScript coding is much better because of all that time in OO C#.

I'm pretty excited about CSS3 and HTML5 and coding new features these days for UNIX.COM.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Login (Unix)

Is there any way I can disallow remote login on a m/c (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for using the Back button and the Close button

Here's a question I have for anyone that might be able to help me: I can write a html script that will allow the user to return to the previous page using the back button, and I can write a script that will allow the user to return to the previous page using the close button, but...is there a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdgibson
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX Auto-login

I am trying to bypass the login screen when the system boots and auto-login to open windows. I believe I need to modify the S99dtlogin but I don't know what to add/modify. Has anyone ever created an auto-login for Solaris 8? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nvanduyne
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX login ID

Hello World: I need to have a user ID called devapp in the passwd and shadow file for a certain application to start. The problem is that I do not want users to be able to use the devapp login ID to log directly into the system. The users sometimes need to start and stop the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambo15
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need UNIX Login ...

Hi, I dont have UNIX os on my pc. I want to learn UNIX system programming. How to get this OS or Can i get any remote login account ? Thanks. Bye... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthiu
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Login problem ... help!!!!!

Hi I had asked my system admin to Disable direct login for xxxx id since it was a generic ID. If someone wanted to login to xxxx id on same system, they should initially login with their yyyy id(personal ID) and then su to xxxx userid.(wanted to track who had all logged in, it would be diffult... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing middle mouse button for pasting to right mouse button in cygwin rxvt

Hi, I'm using rxvt in Cygwin and I'm wondering how to change my mouse bindings from the middle button for pasting to the right button. The main reason why I want to do this is because my laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button. Thanks for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Id from Window Login ID

Hello All, My Problem is -> How can we get UNIX id from open mail authentication (Windows ID) in UNIX. In following command we are using domain name, which may change in your reference. As, if we use following command. ypcat passwd | grep rohitp | cut -d: -f5 | cut -d, -f1 => we get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandey.rohit
0 Replies

9. Web Development

Login in Unix

Can anyone plz share the HTML code for login in UNIX. I am not able to verify the password. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish.s
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login to UNIX from the browser.

Hi All, I need to login to the UNIX server from the browser. can you please tell me the procedure? Thanks Sarwan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
5 Replies
dbus-monitor(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   dbus-monitor(1)

NAME
dbus-monitor - debug probe to print message bus messages SYNOPSIS
dbus-monitor [--system | --session | --address ADDRESS] [--profile | --monitor] [watch expressions] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-monitor command is used to monitor messages going through a D-Bus message bus. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information about the big picture. There are two well-known message buses: the systemwide message bus (installed on many systems as the "messagebus" service) and the per-user-login-session message bus (started each time a user logs in). The --system and --session options direct dbus-monitor to monitor the system or session buses respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor monitors the session bus. dbus-monitor has two different output modes, the 'classic'-style monitoring mode and profiling mode. The profiling format is a compact for- mat with a single line per message and microsecond-resolution timing information. The --profile and --monitor options select the profiling and monitoring output format respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor uses the monitoring output format. In order to get dbus-monitor to see the messages you are interested in, you should specify a set of watch expressions as you would expect to be passed to the dbus_bus_add_match function. The message bus configuration may keep dbus-monitor from seeing all messages, especially if you run the monitor as a non-root user. OPTIONS
--system Monitor the system message bus. --session Monitor the session message bus. (This is the default.) --address ADDRESS Monitor an arbitrary message bus given at ADDRESS. --profile Use the profiling output format. --monitor Use the monitoring output format. (This is the default.) EXAMPLE
Here is an example of using dbus-monitor to watch for the gnome typing monitor to say things dbus-monitor "type='signal',sender='org.gnome.TypingMonitor',interface='org.gnome.TypingMonitor'" AUTHOR
dbus-monitor was written by Philip Blundell. The profiling output mode was added by Olli Salli. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-monitor(1)