Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Organize output with awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Organize output with awk Post 303019429 by RudiC on Friday 29th of June 2018 04:07:42 AM
Old 06-29-2018
How about
Code:
awk '
NR == 1         {HD = "      VLL  VMI  VKO  VER"
                 printf "%s %s", $0, HD
                 next
                }
$0 ~ HD         {getline
                 printf "%s", $0
                 getline
                 next
                }
                {printf RS "%s", $0
                }
END             {printf RS
                }
' file
AB   XY  UT   ZW                                      PRAT          VLL  VMI  VKO  VER
  0   3    4  7214800                                    93
  0   3    4  730770                                     93          39         5
  0   1    4  7318                                       93
  0   2    4  87477                                     187         102    7       0-0
  0   9    4  49365                                     185    
  0   1    4  5307                                       93

Last edited by RudiC; 06-29-2018 at 09:27 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I organize a series of files in date order?

I'd like to ls a group of files in date order but I'm not sure what the commands would be. Can anyone help with this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hedgehog001
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

looking for a simple way to organize envs on our unix box...

would like to standardize how we set envs on our unix box, so I thought a menu would be a great way to accomplish this. The problem I'm experiencing, is the value is set...but ONLY during the time the menu is initiated. please see below: > /home/is/bin/r12MENU.sh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how organize my log file ( tabs )

hello i have written a multitask script which performs verifications on the server (RHEL 5 tikanga); based on list of rules. since the results are huge both in length and number and I am sending them all to my log file. Is there any method to organize the STATUS of my results in a defined... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goswami.c
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organize of Data

Hello Expert, I am new in awk. I would like to know how to arrange data like Input File: lpar1 1 2 3 4 5 6 lpar10 4 5 6 lpar3 4 5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shah09
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Organize (pretty) code

I'm looking for terminal programs, which organize and pretty code like HTML or JavaScript. Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:49 AM ---------- Found this Online javascript beautifier (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borobudur
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help for a script to organize data

Hey all, I have a file with info like this 12:05:44 DEV001 (15F6) 71 5 1372 131 58 100 6 0 17 DEV002 (15FA) 60 0 928 15 50 N/A 2 N/A 5 DEV003 (15FE) 77 2 961 59 51 100 1 0 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo.maveriick
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organize file according to their extension

Hi Everyone ! i want to make an application which is written in shell script and in Bourne shell (sh) i want, when my script is executed, it read all the files in the directly and move them to folders according to their extension. suppose i have a files: test.txt test.jpg test.docx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: me_newbie
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Discover unique names and organize

I'm attempting to write a script that will look into a directory, discover all unique names, create directories for their prefix names and place the files inside. I do this now one by one with a simple script but I'd like to automate the process. The directory would contain something like: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to organize bash_profile across different platforms

I want to have one .bash_profile works on multiple platform, ubuntu, debian, redhat, cygwin, osx. So how should I organize .bash_profile? It can be multiple files in some subdir Let me brief you: what i want is a way to organize bash_profile across platforms so I can use one set of profiles... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John_Peter
2 Replies
fmt(1)								   User Commands							    fmt(1)

NAME
fmt - simple text formatters SYNOPSIS
fmt [-cs] [-w width | -width] [inputfile...] DESCRIPTION
fmt is a simple text formatter that fills and joins lines to produce output lines of (up to) the number of characters specified in the -w width option. The default width is 72. fmt concatenates the inputfiles listed as arguments. If none are given, fmt formats text from the standard input. Blank lines are preserved in the output, as is the spacing between words. fmt does not fill nor split lines beginning with a `.' (dot), for compatibility with nroff(1). Nor does it fill or split a set of contiguous non-blank lines which is determined to be a mail header, the first line of which must begin with "From". Indentation is preserved in the output, and input lines with differing indentation are not joined (unless -c is used). fmt can also be used as an in-line text filter for vi(1). The vi command: !}fmt reformats the text between the cursor location and the end of the paragraph. OPTIONS
-c Crown margin mode. Preserve the indentation of the first two lines within a paragraph, and align the left margin of each subsequent line with that of the second line. This is useful for tagged paragraphs. -s Split lines only. Do not join short lines to form longer ones. This prevents sample lines of code, and other such formatted text, from being unduly combined. -w width | -width Fill output lines to up to width columns. OPERANDS
inputfile Input file. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for a description of the LC_CTYPE environment variable that affects the execution of fmt. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nroff(1), vi(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
The -width option is acceptable for BSD compatibility, but it may go away in future releases. SunOS 5.10 9 May 1997 fmt(1)