Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with here-document not seeing delimiter Post 303019406 by edstevens on Friday 29th of June 2018 09:25:49 AM
Old 06-29-2018
Out of desperation, I tried re-typing the entire script from scratch - no copy and paste. This time it worked. Smilie

---------- Post updated 06-29-18 at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous update was 06-28-18 at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
There you are - EOF with three trailing spaces! Try without.

Well, I learned something today. I knew that the EOF had to be at the beginning of the line (immediately following x'0a', but never knew that it was also sensitive to trailing spaces. Thanks for catching that.
This User Gave Thanks to edstevens For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem Using Cut With A Space Delimiter

I am trying to extract 'postmaster' from the following string: PenaltyError:=554 5.7.1 Error, send your mail to postmaster@LOCALDOMAIN using the following command: cat /usr/share/assp/assp.cfg | grep ^PenaltyError:= | cut -d '@' -f1 | cut -f8 but it returns: PenaltyError:=554 5.7.1 Error,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleanden
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring based on delimiter, finding last delimiter

Hi, I have a string like ABC.123.XYZ-A1-B2-P1-C4. I want to delimit the string based on "-" and then get result as only two strings. One with string till last hyphen and other with value after last hyphen... For this case, it would be something like first string as "ABC.123.XYZ-A1-B2-P1" and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gupt_ash
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extraction when space is a field delimiter

I have more than 1000 files to parse. Each file contains few lines (number of lines varies) followed by a header line having all column's name (SPOT, NAME etc) and then values for those columns. **Example File: sdgafh dfhaadfha sfgaf dhah jkthdj SPOT NAME GENE_NAME CH_MEAN CHDN_MED ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
11 Replies

4. Programming

perl - problem sending text with delimiter

Hello, i encountered this in perl but it might be command line related as well: i am sending text as an argument to echo command on remote computer. if the text has alphanumeric characters only, say 'hello world' all is well. if however text has metacharachters, e.g. 'hello | world' or even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ole111
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Sudo inside a here document

Have a sudo statement inside of a here document. It prompts me for a password, but doesnt wait for me to enter my password. Is there a way I can use the command without sudo or anyway that I can enter the password correctly? Eg : while read remotehost do ssh -t $2@$remotehost ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Here document inside a here document?

Can we use a here document inside a here document? Something like this ssh user@remotehost << REMOTE sudo vserver vsernamename enter << VSERVER perform actions on vserver. VSERVER REMOTE (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh uses here-document problem

I try to ssh uses bash script in here-document like this. ssh root@$SERVER <<EOF if ; then service httpd start fi exit EOF But got an error below. maybe the if command causes the problem. Thanks for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muffle
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to put delimiter for a no delimiter variable length text file

Hi, I have a No Delimiter variable length text file with following schema - Column Name Data length Firstname 5 Lastname 5 age 3 phoneno1 10 phoneno2 10 phoneno3 10 sample data - ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gaurav Martha
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Code to change file delimiter (passed as argument) to bar delimiter

Hi, Extremely new to Perl scripting, but need a quick fix without using TEXT::CSV I need to read in a file, pass any delimiter as an argument, and convert it to bar delimited on the output. In addition, enclose fields within double quotes in case of any embedded delimiters. Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPB1977
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in using cut command with pipe as a delimiter while using in a script

There is a text file in my project named as "mom.txt" in which i want to have contents like.................. LSCRM(Application Name): 1: This is my first application. 2: Today we did shell scripting automation for this app. 3: It was really a good fun in doing so. 4: Really good.| (Here i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhijeet Anand
7 Replies
MKSARY(1)							       Sary								 MKSARY(1)

NAME
mksary - manual page for mksary 1.0.2 SYNOPSIS
mksary [OPTION]... FILE DESCRIPTION
-a, --array=ARRAY set the array file name to ARRAY -b, --block=[SIZE] do block sorting with SIZE [1024] KB block -s, --sort sort the array file -l, --line index every line -w, --word index every word delimited by white spaces -c, --codeset=CODESET, handle CODESET for indexing [bytestream], ASCII, ISO-8859, EUC-JP, Shift_JIS, UTF-8 -L, --locale enable locale support (employ mblen for indexing) -q, --quiet suppress all normal output -v, --version print version information and exit -h, --help display this help and exit COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000 Satoru Takabayashi All rights reserved. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details. mksary 1.0.2 December 2000 MKSARY(1)