Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: M5000 won't power up
Special Forums Hardware M5000 won't power up Post 303018931 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 19th of June 2018 09:51:13 AM
Old 06-19-2018
Sun shipped some mobo's in COD (Capacity on Demand) mode which means they won't work without a license. Have you got one of those? Do you know the machine history?

Search the web for:
"Capacity on Demand"
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

won't mount /usr...won't boot fully

Hello: NOOB here. I attempted to use smit mkcd. Failed on first attempt, not enough space. 2nd attempt tried to place iso on /usr, not enough space there. Cleanup ran for about 5 minutes after aborting. Now AIX won't boot. LCD display on 7029-6E3 says: 0517 MOUNT /USR. Attempted to boot from CD... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbird
11 Replies

2. Solaris

M5000 Question

Hi, I 've a fully loaded M5000 which i would like to partition in 4 domains but i have a concern that since we have only 4 internal disks how can we partition the box in for domains with 2 disks ( mirrored ) in each domain. Should i go ahead with 1 Lun from SAN and 1 internal disk for each of 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

3. Solaris

M5000 Question

Hi i 've a M5000 running 2 domains in my Lab with following hardconf SPARC Enterprise M5000; Memory_Size:128 GB; +-----------------------------------+------------+ | FRU | Quantity | +-----------------------------------+------------+ | MBU_B... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to start SunVTS on M5000

Please advise. Thank you bash-3.00# cd /usr/sunvts/bin/ bash-3.00# ls bios.bin iobushangscript.sh stopsunvts vtsprobe cmos.bin javabridge.jar sunlink vtsreportgenerate dispatcher loadVtsServer svmVolDiskList vtstalk env6test... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
6 Replies

5. Hardware

Sun/Oracle M5000 Question

I have an M5K with disk issues I'm trying to troubleshoot, and it's causing me some confusion. I know the host has four on-board HDDs, but the format command's output shows c0t0d0, c0t1d0, c3t0d0, and c3t1d0. cfgadm -al shows c0t3d0 as the DVD-ROM drive, and c1 and c2 as SAN disks. Confused yet? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: desertdenizen
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

M5000 Xscf

I took over an M5000 and have a jumper server with a nic to connect to the console IP of an M5000. access via ssh user@ip. it was working fine, another person can connect remotely on the subnet, but when I ssh,it just hangs and then times out. so my question is, any ideas of what I might... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
4 Replies

7. Solaris

M5000 fails to boot

I have an m5000 that Is down. I have access to XSCF> and was able to get to the ok prompt. However, on >ok boot it failed to boot. erred with : svc.startd: svc:/system/device/fc-fabric:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/fc-fabric" failed due to signal KILL. Nov 29... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
3 Replies

8. AIX

IBM Power 740 won't boot after firmware update

A team member installed the wrong version of License Code on a Power 740 system used in our Development environment. The system will no longer boot. Does anyone have IBM documentation or experience to share on recovering a system that currently reports "Unsupported License Code version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinedailey
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script won't run because hardware won't produce display

Can anyone offer any advice on how to modify the script below to work on a new system we have, that has no graphics capability? We admin the system through a serial RAS device. I've tried running the below script through the RAS and through an ssh -X session. It failed with something like "GTK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelirt5
3 Replies
atty(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   atty(7)

NAME
atty - Asian terminal driver SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/aioctl.h> DESCRIPTION
This reference page describes the additional features supported in the Asian terminal driver used for conversational computing in a Japa- nese, Chinese, or Korean environment. See tty(7) for a description of the general terminal interface. See stty(1) for information on how to activate the features discussed here. The Asian terminal driver is available only if you install the Tru64 UNIX optional subsets for worldwide support. The Asian terminal driver must be configured into the current running kernel in order for the features described below to be enabled. Line Disciplines Line discipline switching to the Asian terminal driver is accomplished with the TIOCSETD ioctl as follows: int ldisc = ASYDISC; ioctl(f, TIOCSETD, &ldisc); Input Editing A character for the Asian terminal driver can be composed of one or more bytes, depending on the terminal codeset selected by the user. In addition, the ISTRIP mask of the c_iflag field does not work with this driver. The erase character (VERASE) logically erases the whole character, which may be more than one byte long. Code Conversion The Asian terminal driver allows an application to communicate with the driver in one codeset while the driver communicates with the physi- cal device in another codeset. These two different codesets are called the application codeset and the terminal codeset, respectively. The driver performs any necessary codeset conversion on data passed between your application and the device. The following application codesets are supported by the Asian terminal driver. The keyword that specifies the codeset in command parameters is shown in parentheses. DEC Kanji (deckanji) Super DEC Kanji (sdeckanji) Japanese EUC (eucJP) Shift JIS (SJIS) DEC Hanzi (dechanzi) DEC Hanyu (dechanyu) Taiwanese EUC (eucTW) DEC Korean (deckorean) Korean EUC (eucKR) UTF-8 (UTF-8) Big-5 (big5) Reference pages are available for each codeset; for example, to find out more about the DEC Korean codeset, see deckorean(5). The following terminal codesets are supported by the Asian terminal driver. The keyword that specifies the codeset in command parameters is shown in parentheses. DEC Kanji (dec) DEC Kanji - 1978 (dec78) Japanese EUC (eucJP) Shift JIS (SJIS) 7-bit JIS (jis7) 8-bit JIS (jis8) DEC Hanzi (dechanzi) Taiwanese EUC (eucTW) DEC Korean (deckorean) Korean EUC (eucKR) UTF-8 (UTF-8) Big-5 (big5) Telecode (telecode) By default, the Asian terminal driver supports all listed codesets except for Big-5, Telecode, and UTF-8. Support for the BIG-5, UTF-8, and Telecode codesets requires linking additional modules (that are supplied in optional subsets) into the kernel. History Mode Line Editing The history mode supported by the Asian terminal driver allows the user to have Emacs-like control for editing previously entered command lines. Up to 32 lines can be stored in history mode, and each line can have a maximum length of 127 characters. When commands are long, it is possible that fewer than 32 commands are stored in the history list. Short commands, those less than three characters (single-byte or multibyte) in length, are not stored in the history list. The following editing commands are available in history mode: Move to the beginning of line. Delete the character under the cursor. Move to the end of the line. Recall the previous command in the history list. Recall the next command in the history list. Move the cursor left by one character. Move the cursor right by one character. Delete the character before the cursor. You can use the stty command to determine and set the character that erases a character. Delete the word before the cursor. You can use the stty command to determine and set the character that erases a word. Typing a normal character causes it to be inserted before the character under the cursor. The kill, interrupt, and suspend characters cause the Asian terminal driver to break out of history mode. Kana-Kanji Conversion The Kana-Kanji conversion mechanism for Japanese allows users to enter an ASCII or Kana string and convert it to a Kanji or another Kana string. The conversion is supported in both cbreak and cooked mode, but activation of Kana-Kanji conversion is different for each mode. See kkc(5) for more information about Kana-Kanji conversion. See stty(1) on how to activate Kana-Kanji conversion under different modes. Software On-Demand Loading The Software On-Demand Loading (SoftODL) mechanism allows users to display any number of user-defined characters (UDC) on terminals that support hardware On-Demand Loading (ODL). Refer to odl(5) for more information about on-demand loading of UDCs. Software Phrase Input Method The Software phrase Input Method (SIM) mechanism for Chinese allows users to enter a long phrase by typing in a short phrase key. Refer to sim(5) for more information on this input mechanism. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: stty(1) Functions: ioctl(2) Files: tty(7), utx(7) Others: big5(5), Chinese(5), dechanyu(5), dechanzi(5), deckanji(5), eucJP(5), eucKR(5), eucTW(5), Japanese(5), kkc(5), Korean(5), odl(5), sdeckanji(5), shiftjis(5), sim(5), telecode(5), Unicode(5) delim off atty(7)