Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Errors running perl statement Post 303018638 by drew77 on Tuesday 12th of June 2018 11:27:37 AM
Old 06-12-2018
Thanks Robin for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errors when running a cron job

I am running some shell scripts through a foll cron job, the script works fine and there are no errors in the log file but I receive the following error in mail for the jobs: stty: no such device or address What does the above error indicate, here is the cron job: 0 22 * * 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: knarayan
2 Replies

2. Programming

Request help to debug errors while running in 'C'

I run, 2 'C' Files, gapw.c and getkey.c, but I get the following errors :- I) $ gcc gapw.c gapw.c: In function `main': gapw.c:96: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size /tmp/cck4I8mW.o(.text+0x227): In function `main': : undefined reference to `getprofilestring'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

running if statement on command line

Hi, is it possible to run an if statement from the command line? I am doing this # service postgresql status; if ] ; then awk '{print ""$2""}' /root/file.txt > But it throws me into a different mode ie the > then I have to do a ctrl+c. I want to do it this way because I will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compilation errors in running configure script

Hi all, I tried to cross compile Ghostscript-8.54 source. I am getting some errors during cross compilation. I have pasted the errors below. CC=arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc LD=arm-unknown-linux-gnu-ld ./configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-unknown-linux-gnu --without-x && make ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva4ever
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

surpressing errors while running script

I have written shell script to find out pairsuspends in our environment.But when i run the script iam getting an error for the Pair which are not active.Below are the error am getting pairvolchk -g up1012 -I11 pairvolchk : execution error. pairvolchk: Unmatched CTGID within the group Refer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeebala1981
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Syntax Errors

Hi, I am a newbie to PERL and working on a script. When running it I get a lot of compilation errors. The actual command in the program (which is within a case structure) is given below # This gives the actual count of inquires from a log file (It works fine when I type this on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurani
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Backtick Errors

When trying to use backticks for system commands, is there a way to read the error messages if a command doesn't execute properly? I have no problem getting the results if the command is properly executed. Ex. my @result = `dir`; foreach my $line (@result) { print "Result = $line";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found errors when running csh script

I am trying to find the number of files whose name starts with uni. Below is the code but it is giving error. :confused: #!/bin/csh FILES_NAME ='files_list'; FILE_NAME_PATTERN = 'uni*'; NO_OF_FILES; ls -l $FILE_NAME_PATTERN > $FILES_NAME ; NO_OF_FILES = `wc -l $FILES_NAME`; echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a function from a case statement

Hi, I have the below script that should take the command line option and run the desired script on another server. Only it doesn't seem to run the function, infact it just returns back to the command line. case $1 in 1) msgbacklog() ;; 2) jobstatus() ;; ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Invalid option errors running shell script

The script below fails with the following error messages: gzip: invalid option -- 'w' Try `gzip --help' for more information. mysqldump: Got errno 32 on write cp: invalid option -- 'w' Try `cp --help' for more information. rm: invalid option -- 'w' Try `rm --help' for more information. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ANNACTION
1 Replies
Expat(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  Expat(3)

NAME
XML::SAX::Expat - SAX2 Driver for Expat (XML::Parser) SYNOPSIS
use XML::SAX::Expat; use XML::SAX::MyFooHandler; my $h = XML::SAX::MyFooHandler->new; my $p = XML::SAX::Expat->new(Handler => $h); $p->parse_file('/path/to/foo.xml'); DESCRIPTION
This is an implementation of a SAX2 driver sitting on top of Expat (XML::Parser) which Ken MacLeod posted to perl-xml and which I have updated. It is still incomplete, though most of the basic SAX2 events should be available. The SAX2 spec is currently available from <http://perl-xml.sourceforge.net/perl-sax/>. A more friendly URL as well as a PODification of the spec are in the works. METHODS
The methods defined in this class correspond to those listed in the PerlSAX2 specification, available above. FEATURES AND CAVEATS
supported_features Returns: * http://xml.org/sax/features/external-general-entities * http://xml.org/sax/features/external-parameter-entities * [ Features supported by ancestors ] Turning one of the first two on also turns the other on (this maps to the XML::Parser ParseParamEnts option). This may be fixed in the future, so don't rely on this behaviour. MISSING PARTS
XML::Parser has no listed callbacks for the following events, which are therefore not presently generated (ways may be found in the future): * ignorable_whitespace * skipped_entity * start_entity / end_entity * resolve_entity Ways of signalling them are welcome. In addition to those, set_document_locator is not yet called. TODO
- reuse Ken's tests and add more AUTHOR
Robin Berjon; stolen from Ken Macleod, ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us, and with suggestions and feedback from perl-xml. Currently maintained by Bjoern Hoehrmann, <http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de/>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2001-2008 Robin Berjon. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
XML::Parser::PerlSAX perl v5.18.2 2014-01-20 Expat(3)