Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Source port on AIX for NAS is same? Post 303018493 by anil1000 on Thursday 7th of June 2018 04:53:21 PM
Old 06-07-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
Code:
NFS_PORT_RANGE=udp[4000-5000]:tcp[7000-8000]

that will be inherited in a new login shell.
(I am not sure how/if this will spread to a "NFS mount at boot".)
I do not understand why you bother with the source ports; it does not matter at all, and usually a firewall does not have rules about source ports.
I will get back to you , after trying this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to open a port in AIX

Hi Guys, i am trying to open a port in AIX. but i am not able to get the command for this. AIX is not having the iptables file present. So please any body can tell me how to open a port in AIX... Thanks sanju (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanju_d1231
2 Replies

2. Programming

Source code for serial port

Hi, I am working with sun Solaris 5.9 and in my application,I have to communicate with Serial port(i.e /dev/term/a). So I need source code to by which I can do the following things-- 1)check the port is available or not.If it dosn't find the port,it should throw the error message(i.e. port not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to port a package to huge source code having its own make and compilers

In general for intalling a package like we do ./configure, make , make install But if we want to integrate the package with a huge source base what are the things to be taken care could some one have a light on purpose of ./configure , make and make install along with above question. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX(VIO/LPAR) with Free NAS ISCSI solution

Hi, I was looking on Google for AIX-VIO/LPAR with ISCSI solution and found following really nice tutorial about how to setup ISCSI with free NAS. 1) Build Your Own Open Source NAS Device Using FreeNAS | Train Signal Training - Free Computer Training Videos 2) Build Your Own Open Source... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kabir
4 Replies

5. AIX

Compiling samba from source in AIX 5.3

Hello all. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs with no issues, but when the time comes to make, this happens: make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

6. AIX

Who's using my port in AIX

Hello Gurus, I was trying to find who's using my port and got below answer from a IBM website. But the problem with the below answer is I need a root to run the rmsock, is there any other alternative to find out who is using my port with out a root access?? 1. netstat -Aan | grep <port... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
1 Replies

7. Programming

Changing source port number of a TCP client packet

Hi all, I need to change the source port number of an outgoing TCP packet. First I have to bind the socket to a particular port(suppose 9001) but when I send the TCP packet I want to change the source port number lets say to 9002 still letting the socket to be bound to the same old port (9001).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragrai134
0 Replies

8. AIX

XVFB Source package for AIX

Please send me link for XVFB Source package for AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to release port on AIX?

Hello all, I need your help with any command to release a port on AIX. Thanks for all. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mcipamo
5 Replies
PORTSENTRY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     PORTSENTRY(8)

NAME
portsentry - detect portscan activity SYNOPSIS
portsentry [ -tcp | -stcp | -atcp ] portsentry [ -udp | -sudp | -audp ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the portsentry command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. portsentry is a program that tries to detect portscans on network interfaces with the ability to detect stealth scans. On alarm portsentry can block the scanning machine via hosts.deny (see hosts_access(5), firewall rule (see ipfwadm(8), ipchains(8) and iptables(8)) or dropped route (see route(8)). OPTIONS
For details on the various modes see /usr/share/doc/portsentry/README.install -tcp tcp portscan detection on ports specified under TCP_PORTS in the config file /etc/portsentry/portsentry.conf. -stcp As above but additionally detect stealth scans. -atcp Advanced tcp or inverse mode. Portsentry binds to all unused ports below ADVANCED_PORTS_TCP given in the config file /etc/portsen- try/portsentry.conf. -udp udp portscan detection on ports specified under UDP_PORTS in the config file /etc/portsentry/portsentry.conf. -sudp As above but additionally detect "stealth" scans. -audp Advanced udp or inverse mode. Portsentry binds to all unused ports below ADVANCED_PORTS_UDP given in the config file /etc/portsen- try/portsentry.conf. CONFIGURATION FILES
portsentry keeps all its configuration files in /etc/portsentry. portsentry.conf is portsentry's main configuration file. See portsen- try.conf(5) for details. The file portsentry.ignore contains a list of all hosts that are ignored, if they connect to a tripwired port. It should contain at least the localhost(127.0.0.1), 0.0.0.0 and the IP addresses of all local interfaces. You can ignore whole subnets by using a notation <IP Address>/<Netmask Bits>. It is *not* recommend putting in every machine IP on your network. It may be important for you to see who is con- necting to you, even if it is a "friendly" machine. This can help you detect internal host compromises faster. If you use the /etc/init.d/portsentry script to start the daemon, portsentry.ignore is rebuild on each start of the daemon using portsen- try.ignore.static and all the IP addresses found on the machine via ifconfig. /etc/default/portsentry specifies in which protocol modes portsentry should be startet from /etc/init.d/portsentry There are currently two options: TCP_MODE= either tcp, stcp or atcp (see OPTIONS above). UDP_MODE= either udp, sudp or audp (see OPTIONS above). The options above correspond to portsentry's commandline arguments. For example TCP_MODE="atcp" has the same effect as to start portsentry using portsentry -atcp. Only one mode per protocol can be started at a time (i.e. one tcp and one udp mode). FILES
/etc/portsentry/portsentry.conf main configuration file /etc/portsentry/portsentry.ignore IP addresses to ignore /etc/portsentry/portsentry.ignore.static static IP addresses to ignore /etc/default/portsentry startup options /etc/init.d/portsentry script responsible for starting and stopping the daemon /var/lib/portsentry/portsentry.blocked.* blocked hosts(cleared upon reload) /var/lib/portsentry/portsentry.history history file SEE ALSO
portsentry.conf(5), hosts_access(5), hosts_options(5), route(8), ipfwadm(8), ipchains(8), iptables(8), ifconfig(8) /usr/share/doc/portsentry/README.install AUTHOR
portsentry was written by Craig H. Howland <crowland@users.sf.net>. This manual page was stitched together by Guido Guenther <agx@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Some parts are just a cut and paste from the original documentation. PORTSENTRY(8)