Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reducing / on rootvg
Operating Systems AIX Reducing / on rootvg Post 303018392 by mrmurdock on Tuesday 5th of June 2018 10:24:36 AM
Old 06-05-2018
trust me, it was gut wrenching doing the chfs.
At this moment, I have a disk failing so I had to forego the re-mirroring and use the disk as a backup of the failing disk while a new disk is being procured. Once I reduced the / filesystem to be reasonable, the migratepv -l <hd10opt> hdisk1 hdisk0 worked. then I was able to reducevg rootvg hdisk1.

Code:
 hdisk0:
LV NAME               LPs     PPs     DISTRIBUTION          MOUNT POINT
hd6                   2       2       00..00..00..00..02    N/A
hd5                   1       1       01..00..00..00..00    N/A
hd9                   41      41      00..40..00..00..01    /home
hd3                   8       8       00..00..00..00..08    /tmp
hd10opt               40      40      00..00..40..00..00    /opt
hd7                   34      34      00..00..00..00..34    N/A
hd4                   41      41      00..00..41..00..00    /
livedump              1       1       00..00..00..00..01    /var/adm/ras/livedump
hd8                   1       1       00..00..01..00..00    N/A
hd9var                9       9       00..00..04..00..05    /var
lg_dumplv             16      16      00..16..00..00..00    N/A
hd2                   24      24      00..00..00..00..24    /usr
hd11admin             1       1       00..00..01..00..00    /admin

Code:
hdisk1:
LV NAME               LPs     PPs     DISTRIBUTION          MOUNT POINT
newvol                546     546     110..109..109..109..109 /mnt

Here is the bootlist info.
Code:
 cd0
hdisk0 blv=hd5 pathid=0

Last edited by rbatte1; 06-05-2018 at 11:41 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for reducing logs

Hi, I'm not good in scripting, maybe someone can help me. I need to delete the lines that contains the last month date from a text file. Each line has the following date format: So the script should check the actual month, and delete all the lines that contains the past month. The script runs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
2 Replies

2. AIX

Reducing Lvol on AIX5.3

Hi folks, I known how to incrase and reduce File System size on AIX 5.3, but my issue is that I have a Logical Volume without any filesystem. So, how to shrink just the logical volume ? Thanks, Livio. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Livio
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reducing file names

I have a script which includes an FTP. The filename is too long for my target area. The filename is HD012_ABCD_EFGH_061004_F_300_40. I need to the filename to be HD012_ABCD_EFGH_061004_F_. Any ideas. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul1s
5 Replies

4. AIX

Cloned Rootvg

New Question: The purpose of an alternate disk install is in my opinion to have a ready-to-use-backup and i've read that it is possible to install filesets or software on the cloned disk for testing purposal while the normal system is still running. The question is: how do you tell AIX (5.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

reducing /usr HP-UX 11i

Hi, I've entered the HP-UX 11i server in single user mode, and increased the filesystem /usr by mistake using lvextend -l 3092 /dev/vg00/lvol7 extendfs /dev/vg00/rlvol7 I put small letter "l" instead of "L". and as a result of this mistake the /usr take all the free space in the volume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elshamy_s
2 Replies

6. AIX

mirror rootvg

Hello I have a question I have a box with Aix 5.3 with rootvg on mirror. I deleted a filesystem and I create a new one to install some software but when I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems has mirror unless the new one. My question is I can mirror this fs only ??? or I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reducing Backup Time

$ /backup_restore/backupDatabase -b 128 -s 45056000 -non-interactive The above command is usually ran through cron on a daily basis. However it takes 2hrs to complete. The tape is usually inserted into the V890 server, and cron kicks off the backup around 1:10AM. It completes around 3:30 -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravzter
0 Replies

8. AIX

Anyone know how to access rootvg?

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with an AIX system here. I have no experience with system administration of IBM stuff. Our local admin is ... um ... not available at this time. I found something online that said enter service mode - How the heck do I do that??? Why is IBM stuff lack proper... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

9. AIX

extendvg and rootvg

When attempting to extend rootvg to a new physical disk I received the following message: 0516-1162 extendvg: Warning, The Physical Partition Size of 64 requires the creation of 1093 partitions for hdisk5. The limitation for volume group rootvg is 1016 physical partitions... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Reducing threads on T5140

Hi All, We have a T5140 server which has 128 threads in total. Is it possible to reduce the number of threads per core through some configuration changes? I am sorry for being so naive but I am one on this. Why would I like to do this? Unfortunately we have this for an Oracle Database Server... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: VENKITACHALAMS8
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)