Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed or revelent command to remove car Post 303018099 by ranjancom2000 on Tuesday 29th of May 2018 07:43:19 AM
Old 05-29-2018
Thanks for the replay i was using the solution provided by MadeInGermany

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's the command to remove empty lines with sed?

3 10 20 10 100 100 10000 Output: 3 10 20 10 100 100 10000 ---------- Post updated at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:56 AM ---------- sed '/^$/d' file doesn't work. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to remove duplicate lines with perl,sed,awk

Input: hello hello hello hello monkey donkey hello hello drink dance drink Output should be: hello hello monkey donkey drink dance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed command to remove characters help!

I am trying to analyse a large file of sequencing data, example of first 10 lines below, @HWUSI-EAS656_0044_FC:7:1:2447:1039#GCAATT/1 GNCTATGGCTTGCCGGGCTCAGGGAAGACAATCATAGCCATGAAAATCATGGAAAAGATCAGAAAAACATTTCAA +HWUSI-EAS656_0044_FC:7:1:2447:1039#GCAATT/1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Adeleh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed remove multiple set of lines in one command

is there a way with sed to removed more than one set of lines in one line? so i mean sed ${firstElem},${lastIndex}d web.xml > web1.xml this will delete lines between ${firstElem},${lastIndex} i want in the same line to do somethinkg like this (doesn't work so far) sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poki
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove newline between two string with sed command in unix shellscript

I have a file (test.dat) which contains data like this 459|199811047|a |b |shan kar|ooty| 460|199811047|a |bv |gur u|cbe| but I need it like: 459|199811047|a |b |shankar|ooty| 460|199811047|a |b |guru|cbe| While reading the data from this file, I don't want to remove newline from the end of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcrshankar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove comma from decimal value using sed command

Hi Experts , My requirement is like this .. I have source comming as 4,234.55 I need and out put = 4234.55 I need to write a sed command .. I have already used sed command for multiple conditions in a file for replacing comma , double quotes , brackets , retain negative values..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshivali
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to remove the first field from a '|' delimited file

Hi I have a file with fields delimited by |. I need to remove the first field from the file. I tried cut but it just extracts that field. sample.output abc|100|name1 cde|200|name2 efg|300|name3 Output should be sample.output 100|name1 200|name2 300|name3 thanks Var (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: var285
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed command to remove multiple instances of repeating headers in one file?

Hi, I have catenated multiple output files (from a monte carlo run) into one big output file. Each individual file has it's own two line header. So when I catenate, there are multiple two line headers (of the same wording) within the big file. How do I use the sed command to search for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rebazon
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove a variable starting with dot using sed command

Hi, I want to remove a variable starting with dot(.) in a file using sed command. aaa sss .abc s/^\.abc/d I tried this but it didnt worked. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to remove a word from string

Hello All, I am running a command find . -name amp.cfg | cut -c 3- which gives me output something like below rel/prod/amp.cfg rel/fld/amp.cfg deb/detail/amp.cfg deb/err/amp.cfg I want to remove trailing "/amp.cfg" so that i should get output something like... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
7 Replies
SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-readahead-replay.service		       SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-readahead-replay.service, systemd-readahead-collect.service, systemd-readahead-done.service, systemd-readahead-done.timer, systemd- readahead - Disk read ahead logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-readahead-replay.service systemd-readahead-collect.service systemd-readahead-done.service systemd-readahead-done.timer /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-readahead/systemd-readahead [OPTIONS...] COMMAND [DIRECTORY | FILE] DESCRIPTION
systemd-readahead-collect.service is a service that collects disk usage patterns at boot time. systemd-readahead-replay.service is a service that replays this access data collected at the subsequent boot. Since disks tend to be magnitudes slower than RAM, this is intended to improve boot speeds by pre-loading early at boot all data on disk that is known to be read for the complete boot process. systemd-readahead-done.service is executed a short while after boot completed and signals systemd-readahead-collect.service to end data collection. On this signal, this service will then sort the collected disk accesses and store information about them in /.readahead. Normally, both systemd-readahead-collect.service and systemd-readahead-replay.service are activated at boot so that access patterns from the preceding boot are replayed and new data collected for the subsequent boot. However, on read-only media where the collected data cannot be stored, it might be a good idea to disable systemd-readahead-collect.service. On rotating media, when replaying disk accesses at early boot, systemd-readahead-replay.service will order read requests by their location on disk. On non-rotating media, they will be ordered by their original access timestamp. If the file system supports it, systemd-readahead-collect.service will also defragment and rearrange files on disk to optimize subsequent boot times. OPTIONS
systemd-readahead understands the following options: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exits. --max-files= Maximum number of files to read ahead. Only valid for thes collect command. --file-size-max= Maximum size of files in bytes to read ahead. Only valid for the collect and replay commands. --timeout= Maximum time in microseconds to spend collecting data. Only valid for the collect command. COMMANDS
The following commands are understood by systemd-readahead: collect [DIRECTORY] Collect read-ahead data on early boot. When terminating, it will write out a pack file to the indicated directory containing the read-ahead data. replay [DIRECTORY] Perform read-ahead on the specified directory tree. analyze [FILE] Dumps the content of the read-ahead pack file to the terminal. For each file, the output lists approximately how much will be read ahead by the replay command. SEE ALSO
systemd(1) systemd 208 SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)