Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Learning to Script in Linux
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Learning to Script in Linux Post 303017702 by Chubler_XL on Sunday 20th of May 2018 10:37:54 PM
Old 05-20-2018
This should get you started:

Code:
SRC=./SOURCE_FOLDER/
DEST=./DESTINATION_FOLDER/
DEST_EXT=mp4
HANDBRAKE_CLI=/Applications/HandBrakeCLI
PRESET="Roku 720p30 Surround"

find /mnt/raid -iname "*.ts" -print | while read filepath
do
    LOCATION=${filepath%/*}  # Delete everything in $filepath from last slash to end and store in LOCATION
    FILENAME=${filepath##*/} # Delete everything in $filepath from front to last slash and store in FILENAME
    SRC=${LOCATION}
    DEST=${FILENAME%.*}      # Delete everything in $FILENAME from last dot to end and store in DEST   

$HANDBRAKE_CLI -i "$SRC/$FILENAME" -o "$SRC/${DEST}.${DEST_EXT}" --preset="$PRESET"
    if [ -s "$SRC/${DEST}.${DEST_EXT}" ]    # File exists and has size greater than zero
    then
        rm "$filepath"
    fi
done

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learning Unix & Linux

I'm new to Unix. I'm just looking for really good unix documents through Internet as pdf format on programming in all shells, and system adminstrator documents, and well as just all around really good documents on unix. Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: faaarin
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

learning how to use shell script

hello everyone, i am still trying to get this script to work, but with no luck. It is a little beyond my knowledge of scripting at the moment. The beginner book i have has an exercise listed that asks me to write a script tha allows for user input. For example " what is your name: " and then you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bebop1111116
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learning Unix/Linux from the Start?

I was wondering if someone could tell me where I could learn everything about Unix/Linux and I was also wondering what the differance between Unix and Linux was :confused: Ive never used it, never seen it.. But Im interested in learning :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vallzi
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

learning how to script

I have this command line entry that I would like to turn into a script. I want to be able to just run the script with options for the report name and switch. Can anyone help me get started? I am hoping that by creating this script it will help me be able to create more. I have never written one. I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
11 Replies

5. Linux

which linux is best for learning unix?

I have just installed Ubuntu because I need a linux system asap and Ubuntu seems to be easiest for that. But I plan on installing some other Linux distro's for a while (maybe on virtualBox too) so i can understand the inner workings of linux and especially more about unix. I know that alot of the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuzzylogic25
11 Replies

6. Programming

Learning OS design, Linux Vs. Minix???

Hi friends, I hope everybody is fine. I have been studing operating system concepts at college, and I find this subject very interesting. I've decided that I must go into this field no matter what, hopefully someday I would design my own operating system. I have two choices infront of me, studying... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning abt Linux OS

hi guys, i got job recently in a company which provide a product for data backup and data recovery... as dis product is wrriten in c++ am workin in c++.. now am under training and i want to learn abt Operating System concepts and OS programming using c and c++. i know basic c and c++ programming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.march
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up a home network for learning Linux

I am working on learning Linux, and somebody suggested setting up Linux on a separate computer, and searching for answers to whatever may be needed, on a different computer plugged in to the Internet. I have a Windows 7 PC, plugged in to a cable modem, and an old notebook, Compaq Presario R3000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdultFoundry
5 Replies

9. Programming

Learning python, lost with script

Hi there, im just having a hard time understanding why this code does not print anything that is suppose to print: score = raw_input ('what is your score? \n') try: if 1.0 == float(score) >= 0.9: print "A" elif 0.9 > float(score) >= 0.8: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: la2015
1 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::UDP(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Net::Server::Proto::UDP(3pm)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::UDP - Net::Server UDP protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the SOCK_DGRAM socket type under INET (also known as UDP). See Net::Server::Proto. PARAMETERS
The following paramaters may be specified in addition to normal command line parameters for a Net::Server. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. udp_recv_len Specifies the number of bytes to read from the UDP connection handle. Data will be read into $self->{'server'}->{'udp_data'}. Default is 4096. See IO::Socket::INET and recv. udp_recv_flags See recv. Default is 0. udp_broadcast Default is undef. QUICK PARAMETER LIST
Key Value Default ## UDP protocol parameters udp_recv_len d+ 4096 udp_recv_flags d+ 0 udp_broadcast bool undef INTERNAL METHODS
"object" Returns an object with parameters suitable for eventual creation of a IO::Socket::INET object listining on UDP. "connect" Called when actually binding the port. Handles default parameters before calling parent method. LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.14.2 2012-05-29 Net::Server::Proto::UDP(3pm)