Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk script to append suffix to column when column has duplicated values Post 303017094 by RudiC on Wednesday 9th of May 2018 04:41:50 AM
Old 05-09-2018
Scenario 1:
Code:
awk -F\| '
$1 == "CR"      {IX = $3
                 if (!T[IX]) T[IX] = S[IX] = 96
                 $3 = $3 sprintf ("%s%c%s", A[IX], ++T[IX], $1)
                 if (T[IX] > 121)       {A[IX] = sprintf ("%c", ++S[IX])
                                         T[IX] = 96
                                        }
                }
' OFS=\| file

Scenario 2:
Code:
awk -F\| '
$1 == "DR"      {IX = $3
                 if (!T[IX])    T[IX] = S[IX] = 96
                 else           $3 = $3 sprintf ("%s%c%s", A[IX], ++T[IX], $1)
                 if (T[IX] > 121)       {A[IX] = sprintf ("%c", ++S[IX])
                                         T[IX] = 96
                                        }
                }
' OFS=\| file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

for each different entry in column 1 extract maximum values from column 2 in unix/awk

Hello, I have 2 columns (1st column has multiple entries but the corresponding values in the column 2 may be the same or different.) however I want to extract unique values for each entry in column 1 by assigning the max value from column 2 SDF4 -0.211654 SDF4 0.978068 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script to create max value of 3rd column, grouping by first column

Hi, I need an awk script (or whatever shell-construct) that would take data like below and get the max value of 3 column, when grouping by the 1st column. clientname,day-of-month,max-users ----------------------------------- client1,20120610,5 client2,20120610,2 client3,20120610,7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append column and row header to a file in awk script.

Hi! Is there a way to append column and row header to a file in awk script. For example if I have Jane F 39 manager Carlos M 40 system administrator Sam F 20 programmer and I want it to be # name gend age occup 1 Jane F 39 manager 2 Carlos M ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Print New Column For Every Two Lines and Match On Multiple Column Values to print another column

Hi, My input files is like this axis1 0 1 10 axis2 0 1 5 axis1 1 2 -4 axis2 2 3 -3 axis1 3 4 5 axis2 3 4 -1 axis1 4 5 -6 axis2 4 5 1 Now, these are my following tasks 1. Print a first column for every two rows that has the same value followed by a string. 2. Match on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match value in column and append file with new values

Hi, I need help to match two files based on two columns. file_1 ID AA An Ca Ele Pro Su Ot Tra g13950 No No Yes No Yes Yes Yes Yes g05760 Yes No No No No Yes Yes Yes g12640 No No No No No No No No k17720 No Yes No No No No No Yes g05640 Yes Yes Yes No No Yes Yes Yes file_2 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete 'duplicated' column values and make a delimited file too?

Hi, I have the following output from an Oracle SQL statement and I want to remove duplicated column values. I know it is possible using Oracle analytical/statistical functions but unfortunately I don't know how to use any of those. So now, I've gone to PLAN B using awk/sed maybe or any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to get an awk script to replace values in column

I'm trying to make an awk script to compare values I've set as var1, var2, and var3 earlier in the script to the values in the userinputted column of four text files called Node1.txt, Node2.txt, Node3.txt, and Node4.txt and then replace the values in that userinputted column with either ttt or gcc,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric1
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching column value from 2 different file using awk and append value from different column

Hi, I have 2 csv files. a.csv HUAWEI,20LMG011_DEKET_1296_RTN-980_IDU-1-11-ISV3-1(to LAMONGAN_M),East_Java,20LMG011_DEKET_1296_RTN-980_IDU-1,20LMG011,20LMG 027_1287_LAMONGAN_RTN980_IDU1,20LMG027,1+1(HSB),195.675,20LMG011-20LMG027,99.9995,202.6952012... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to Sum columns when other column has duplicates and append one column value to another with Care

Hi Experts, Please bear with me, i need help I am learning AWk and stuck up in one issue. First point : I want to sum up column value for column 7, 9, 11,13 and column15 if rows in column 5 are duplicates.No action to be taken for rows where value in column 5 is unique. Second point : For... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk or Shell script to compare Column-1 of two different CSV files and print if column-1 matche

Example: I have files in below format file 1: zxc,133,joe@example.com cst,222,xyz@example1.com File 2 Contains: hxd hcd jws zxc cst File 1 has 50000 lines and file 2 has around 30000 lines : Expected Output has to be : hxd hcd jws (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestPractice
5 Replies
SLEEP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  SLEEP(1)

NAME
sleep -- suspend execution for an interval of time SYNOPSIS
sleep seconds DESCRIPTION
The sleep command suspends execution for a minimum of seconds. If the sleep command receives a signal, it takes the standard action. When the SIGINFO signal is received, the estimate of the amount of seconds left to sleep is printed on the standard output. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
The SIGALRM signal is not handled specially by this implementation. The sleep command allows and honors a non-integer number of seconds to sleep in any form acceptable by strtod(3). This is a non-portable extension, and its use will nearly guarantee that a shell script will not execute properly on another system. EXIT STATUS
The sleep utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
To schedule the execution of a command for x number seconds later (with csh(1)): (sleep 1800; sh command_file >& errors)& This incantation would wait a half hour before running the script command_file. (See the at(1) utility.) To reiteratively run a command (with the csh(1)): while (1) if (! -r zzz.rawdata) then sleep 300 else foreach i (`ls *.rawdata`) sleep 70 awk -f collapse_data $i >> results end break endif end The scenario for a script such as this might be: a program currently running is taking longer than expected to process a series of files, and it would be nice to have another program start processing the files created by the first program as soon as it is finished (when zzz.rawdata is created). The script checks every five minutes for the file zzz.rawdata, when the file is found, then another portion processing is done courteously by sleeping for 70 seconds in between each awk job. SEE ALSO
nanosleep(2), sleep(3) STANDARDS
The sleep command is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. HISTORY
A sleep command appeared in Version 4 AT&T UNIX. BSD
April 18, 1994 BSD