Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Extend zfs storage filesystem Post 303016927 by shahzad53 on Sunday 6th of May 2018 01:56:12 PM
Old 05-06-2018
Hello peasant,

Thanks brother for your reply, I need your support to reduce the reservation size of /u01 and increase the free space size of /data file system.

I have a one confusion, kindly clarify the confusion, last time I used the below zfs set quota command to increased the size of u01-data-pool/data

zfs set quota = 700g u01-data-pool/data

after above command the file system of /data are 700 gb from 600 gb and the free available space was 48 gb after that it is 82 gb.

So why the available space are not 148 gb , why it has increased 34 gb more to come 82 gb.

kindly advice us.

Regards,

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how can I extend /usr filesystem

How can extend /usr filesystem in hp-ux 11.11 (I'm not using online JFS) ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pedro_lezaeta
0 Replies

2. AIX

Extend a Filesystem with other LV

Hi Everybody, Is it possible to extend a Filesystem by adding a new LV that exist on different VG to this Filesystem? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
6 Replies

3. Solaris

How to extend a filesystem

I am running solaris 10 with Veritas. I want to extend a filesystem. It's an oracle partition (/ora12). How can I find out if there is space available to expand the filesystem and then how does one extend it. I'm from the HPUX world and so LVM was always how I did things. Thanks jackie (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackiebaron
5 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to extend a filesystem??

OK I'm sure this question has been posed far too many times. I have solaris 10 x86 with NO Veritas or Disksuite filesystems. Below is the output of df -k # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on / 10485760 547513 9317128 6% / /dev... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackiebaron
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

6. Solaris

I need expand or extend a filesystem dfsk.

Hello I need to expand a filesystem is full, but I understand that for this I need a volume manager like SVM or Veritas. I have installed solaris 10 but I give it a metastat and tells me there is no database, as if the installation does not have the sudmirrors attachments. The filesystem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cata
1 Replies

7. AIX

choosing correct VG for Filesystem extend

Hi Gurus, I have Aix 5.3 server and would like to extend the following filesystem. Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/lv_mecdr 120.00 12.04 90% 560973 14% /home/mecdrBut there's only 16G for the VG, may be i can expand it... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
11 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Not able to extend ZFS file system

Hi All, I have Solaris-10 configured with two non-global zones. All file-systems are mounted on global zone and data file-systems are mounted on non-global zone as lofs. I have added 4 luns of 100 GB each and still not able to extend a file-system. This is production server, so I can not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies

9. Solaris

ZFS Filesystem

Hi, Recently we have new server T5 Oracle. We set up it for our database. For out database files we set one zfs filesystem. When i use iostat -xc the output as below. As you see the value for vdc4 is quite high. extended device statistics cpu device ... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
32 Replies
libtalloc_pools(3)						      talloc							libtalloc_pools(3)

NAME
libtalloc_pools - Chapter 5: Memory pools Memory pools Allocation of a new memory is an expensive operation and large programs can contain thousands of calls of malloc() for a single computation, where every call allocates only a very small amount of the memory. This can result in an undesirable slowdown of the application. We can avoid this slowdown by decreasing the number of malloc() calls by using a memory pool. A memory pool is a preallocated memory space with a fixed size. If we need to allocate new data we will take the desired amount of the memory from the pool instead of requesting a new memory from the system. This is done by creating a pointer that points inside the preallocated memory. Such a pool must not be reallocated as it would change its location - pointers that were pointing inside the pool would become invalid. Therefore, a memory pool requires a very good estimate of the required memory space. The talloc library contains its own implementation of a memory pool. It is highly transparent for the programmer. The only thing that needs to be done is an initialization of a new pool context using talloc_pool() - which can be used in the same way as any other context. Refactoring of existing code (that uses talloc) to take the advantage of a memory pool is quite simple due to the following properties of the pool context: o if we are allocating data on a pool context, it takes the desired amount of memory from the pool, o if the context is a descendant of the pool context, it takes the space from the pool as well, o if the pool does not have sufficient portion of memory left, it will create a new non-pool context, leaving the pool intact /* allocate 1KiB in a pool */ TALLOC_CTX *pool_ctx = talloc_pool(NULL, 1024); /* Take 512B from the pool, 512B is left there */ void *ptr = talloc_size(pool_ctx, 512); /* 1024B > 512B, this will create new talloc chunk outside the pool */ void *ptr2 = talloc_size(ptr, 1024); /* The pool still contains 512 free bytes * this will take 200B from them. */ void *ptr3 = talloc_size(ptr, 200); /* This will destroy context 'ptr3' but the memory * is not freed, the available space in the pool * will increase to 512B. */ talloc_free(ptr3); /* This will free memory taken by 'pool_ctx' * and 'ptr2' as well. */ talloc_free(pool_ctx); The above given is very convenient, but there is one big issue to be kept in mind. If the parent of a talloc pool child is changed to a parent that is outside of this pool, the whole pool memory will not be freed until the child is freed. For this reason we must be very careful when stealing a descendant of a pool context. TALLOC_CTX *mem_ctx = talloc_new(NULL); TALLOC_CTX *pool_ctx = talloc_pool(NULL, 1024); struct foo *foo = talloc(pool_ctx, struct foo); /* mem_ctx is not in the pool */ talloc_steal(mem_ctx, foo); /* pool_ctx is marked as freed but the memory is not deallocated, accessing the pool_ctx again will cause an error */ talloc_free(pool_ctx); /* This deallocates the pool_ctx. */ talloc_free(mem_ctx); It may often be better to copy the memory we want instead of stealing it to avoid this problem. If we do not need to retain the context name (to keep the type information), we can use talloc_memdup() to do this. Copying the memory out of the pool may, however, discard all the performance boost given by the pool, depending on the size of the copied memory. Therefore, the code should be well profiled before taking this path. In general, the golden rule is: if we need to steal from the pool context, we should not use a pool context. Version 2.0 Tue Jun 17 2014 libtalloc_pools(3)