Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Terminal command
Operating Systems Linux Terminal command Post 303016594 by bakunin on Monday 30th of April 2018 05:19:32 AM
Old 04-30-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Rixter
LOL Guess some folks have to have it spelled out. I need to know what the command for implementing apt-cdrom to configure recognition of a pendrive running "live" LM 18.3. Yes, apt-cdrom is the start; what must be added to the command?
Well, sorry for being so dumb that i immediately recognised apt-cdrom as a valid command and for being ignorant enough to think that everybody can read a man page just the way i do.

Issue man apt-cdrom to get a complete list of possible arguments along with an explanation of what they mean.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plz Help : How to use write command to execute command on some other terminal

Hi Group , I m trying to execute commands on some other system using write command but inspite of executing the commands they r passed as simple messages. - i m writing >write user-id ! ls o ctrl-d inspite of executing the command ls,other terminal shows ! ls. Thnx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aashish
2 Replies

2. Programming

read terminal command

hi how to read terminal command, just i want to read all command which write on terminal so please tell me any system call, api avilable in c for above purpose (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: munnu
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to email from the terminal

I have a script, myscript.sh that I need the output to be sent by email to bernadette@email.com bill@email.com and will@email.com . How do I go about making this happen? I am using the Macintosh Operating system with Entourage 2008 as my email client, but I would fine just doing this in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what's the terminal command to do this ?

what's the terminal command to do this ? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
6 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Automated Terminal Command Help

Is there a command that someone could help me with, that would automate me having to: 1. Go into multiple different folders (probably around 100) 2. Check and see if there are either 1(+) subfolders within that 3. If there are, check and see if there are either 1(+) .m4a / .m4p / .m4v files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qcom
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is command line invocation of gnome-terminal to run more than one command possible?

Hello, I am trying to learn how to pass something more than a one-command startup for gnome-terminal. I will give an example of what I'm trying to do here: #! /bin/bash # #TODO write this for gnome and xterm USAGE=" ______________________________________________ ${0##*/} run... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Terminal Command into script

Hi All I have this script that checks to see if ntp is enabled on a machine launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.ntp.ntpd.plist It retuns org.ntp.ntpd: Already loaded if it is loaded, is there a way to script it so that if it is loaded it does not say anything but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

who command from non terminal in unix

I was executing a command "who -ms" from a CHUI application but i get below message, It seems that who command can be executed only when we are logged directly in unix box as we have terminal. Is there a way to get rid of this problem , or anyother command where i can get machine name of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending command from one terminal to another.

Hello, I am running a program in a terminal. this program is just printing random words. I can change the color of each word by entering the first character of the color(for example G for Green). I want to write a bash code that runs in a different terminal and sends different characters to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alireza6485
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
apt(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    apt(8)

NAME
apt - Advanced Package Tool SYNOPSIS
apt DESCRIPTION
APT is a management system for software packages. For normal day to day package management there are several frontends available, such as aptitude(8) for the command line or synaptic(8) for the X Window System. Some options are only implemented in apt-get(8) though. SEE ALSO
apt-cache(8), apt-get(8), apt.conf(5), sources.list(5), apt_preferences(5), apt-secure(8) DIAGNOSTICS
apt returns zero on normal operation, decimal 100 on error. BUGS
This manpage isn't even started. See <http://bugs.debian.org/apt>. If you wish to report a bug in apt, please see /usr/share/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt or the report- bug(1) command. AUTHOR
apt was written by the APT team <apt@packages.debian.org>. Debian GNU/Linux 16 June 1998 apt(8)