Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Executing statements inside forloop parallely Post 303016565 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 29th of April 2018 10:09:06 AM
Old 04-29-2018
Assuming your code works correctly, I cannot verify that at the moment:

Code:
nohup ldapadd -x -c -h PL0 -p 389 -D "$LDAP_USER" -w $LDAP_PWD -f serv_AAA_DS.ldif_$w > serv_AAA_DS.ldif_$w.log  &

Add an ampersand (& red above) at the end of the line. This works for bash which seems to be the shell you use for this code. If it is another different shell please let us know.

Note:
Code:
> serv_AAA_DS.ldif_$w.log

will overwrite the log file every time the script runs, so you lose the content of previous logs. That may or may not be okay.

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 04-29-2018 at 12:19 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing statements after quit in FTP.

In my shell script I am doing FTP along with other process. But all the statements after the "quit" command in FTP are not getting executed. Example: echo "This is a shell script to FTP a file" #ftp -inv <server name> <<eol>> <logfilename> #user <userid> <password> #put <filename> #quit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dharmesht
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in executing a comand liying inside a variable

Hi everyone! I need some help with my shell script :( I am sending a shell command from a html text input to a cgi. Then, I store it into a variable. For example var="ps -axu" echo `$var` This functions properly. But consider the following... var="ps -axu | grep root" Now, I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nene
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing 2 or more files inside another file parallely

hi All, i have 3 files file1 file2 file3 these 3 files are shell (KSH) scripts. i want to place all these 3 shell scripts in another file file99 and execute these files simultaneoulsy inside the file99 these 3 files should be present and executed simultaneously when i excute file99 (nohup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dareman123
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with executing command inside a cron job

Hi All, I have scheduled a script in cron which writes output to the below file. ....>> /data/Target/wrapper_invoke_ds_job_`date '+%Y%m%d'`.ksh_out 2>&1 But the date command is not getting resolved in the format specified. It just resolves to the following. wrapper_invoke_MQ_ds_job_Tue... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkm_oec
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare parallely

hi, i have folder backup and it contains 3 sub-directories , i want to compare /backup/1 with /recover/1 and /backup/2 with /recover/2 etc . parallelly with using shell scripting . pls help me thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankr3
2 Replies

6. Programming

Executing a awk command inside perl script --

Hello experts I want to execute a awk command, which reads from txt files and sums the numbers from the first column for those listed only inside a <init> block -- The awk command is like awk '/<\/?init>/{x = !x}x{a++}x && a > 2{sum+=$1}END{printf"%E" "\n", sum} So, I want to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alkass
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple ssh commands inside a shell simultaneously

I would like to execute a commands in four different servers through ssh at a single instance(simultaneously). Below are the details with examples, ssh user1@server1 "grep xxxx logs" ssh user1@server2 "grep xxxx logs" ssh user1@server3 "grep xxxx logs" Each statement will take some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amutha
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run scripts parallely inside shell script?

Hi , I have 4 scripts example script1,script2,script3,script4 . I have to run script1,script2 and script3 parallely since this 3 scripts dont have dependencies . Once script1,script2 and script3 got completed successfully , I have to trigger script4. Can someone help me on this how to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double forloop?

how do I do a double forloop or any other loops like this reads txt file a read first line read txt file b read first line then run command lun map $line1_from_txtA $line1_from_txtB exit (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing sed command inside a bash script

I want to run commands inside a bash script. An example is I want to pass the command in a string as regexp as an argument to the script, then run sed on the bash variable sed.sh regexp sed.sh "-i \"s/<p>//g\"" then call sed "$regexp" $fl (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kangol
3 Replies
RCSFREEZE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      RCSFREEZE(1)

NAME
rcsfreeze - freeze a configuration of sources checked in under RCS SYNOPSIS
rcsfreeze [name] DESCRIPTION
rcsfreeze assigns a symbolic revision number to a set of RCS files that form a valid configuration. The idea is to run rcsfreeze each time a new version is checked in. A unique symbolic name (C_number, where number is increased each time rcsfreeze is run) is then assigned to the most recent revision of each RCS file of the main trunk. An optional name argument to rcsfreeze gives a symbolic name to the configuration. The unique identifier is still generated and is listed in the log file but it will not appear as part of the symbolic revision name in the actual RCS files. A log message is requested from the user for future reference. The shell script works only on all RCS files at one time. All changed files must be checked in already. Run rcsclean(1) first and see whether any sources remain in the current directory. FILES
RCS/.rcsfreeze.ver version number RCS/.rcsfreeze.log log messages, most recent first AUTHOR
Stephan v. Bechtolsheim SEE ALSO
co(1), rcs(1), rcsclean(1), rlog(1) BUGS
rcsfreeze does not check whether any sources are checked out and modified. Although both source file names and RCS file names are accepted, they are not paired as usual with RCS commands. Error checking is rudimentary. rcsfreeze is just an optional example shell script, and should not be taken too seriously. See CVS for a more complete solution. GNU RCSFREEZE(1)