Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab update
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab update Post 303016364 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 25th of April 2018 09:57:18 AM
Old 04-25-2018
Hello ron5174,

It's a slight bug bear of mine, but GB is for Great Britain. England is a part of that nation state.

Kind regards,
Robin - actually living in England, but proud to be British

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to update the Crontab

Hi Everyone, Each time I do update the crontab, it gets reset after exiting from the telnet session. I'm using Solaris 2.8 So it goes like this: Step 1: Login as root, from a telnet session Step 2: Crontab -e (I make modification) Step 3: Save and exit Step 4: Type crontab -l , changes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeremy3
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX "Crontab update"

Is there another location to update a cron that's run daily. I have updated the root cron located "/var/spool/cron/crontabs " After the update the cron doesn't run at the new time it was set at. It continues to run at the old time. Checking the root cron after it has been updated show the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddrivera
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pro*C Update not working from Crontab

Dear All, I have writen a Pro*c program that does a data base select,insert,update statements and I have scheduled the program to run from crontab, It is runing fine for the select insert and commit statement till it reaches the update statement , it throws the following error: SQL On IPB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alhallay
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the last crontab

Hi all, can anybody tell how to get the last crontab if it is deleted. is there any way to get the crontab back? or it will it be staored anywhere ? its very urgent, can anybody help for the same? Thanks, Vinay (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayakatj56
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Install update 6 on solaris with update 3

I want to update my solaris 10 server which is currently on update 3 stage. A new application require it to be on update 6. What is the best way to make it update 6. should i just install the patch or should i go for the liveupgrade?? thanks for you help in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxravi
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Is it possible to "upgrade" Sol10 update 9 to update 10?

Is it possible to "upgrade" Sol10 update 9 to update 10 by booting from the DVD? I had never even tried this until a user asked me to do it, so i tried and it just hung there after the part where it reads the rules.ok file. Is this even possible to upgrade? or does it have to be a new install. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
5 Replies

7. Programming

MYSQL - trigger update on record insert or update

Right I have a MYSQL database with table1 with 3 columns, colA, colB and colC. I want to combine the data in the 3 columns into a 4th column names col_comb. Here's the SQL command that works: UPDATE table1 SET `col_comb` = CONCAT( `colA` , ' - ', `colB` , ', ', `colC` ); So now I want this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue

Hi i want to update the BASH because of the "shell shock" vulnerability. my RedHat 5 is clean install with the default mirror site. when im running the command: yum update bash im getting a message saying there is no update. you can see in the attach picture... what am i doing wrong? is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How to update Solaris 10 Update 3 to Update 11?

Hi friends, We have a Solaris machine running 10 update 3 -bash-3.2# cat /etc/release Solaris 10 11/06 s10s_u3wos_10 SPARC Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
DIFF3(1)							     GNU Tools								  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - find differences between three files SYNOPSIS
diff3 [options] mine older yours DESCRIPTION
The diff3 command compares three files and outputs descriptions of their differences. The files to compare are mine, older, and yours. At most one of these three file names may be -, which tells diff3 to read the standard input for that file. Options Below is a summary of all of the options that GNU diff3 accepts. Multiple single letter options (unless they take an argument) can be com- bined into a single command line argument. -a Treat all files as text and compare them line-by-line, even if they do not appear to be text. -A Incorporate all changes from older to yours into mine, surrounding all conflicts with bracket lines. -B Old behavior of -A. Shows non-conflicts. -e Generate an ed script that incorporates all the changes from older to yours into mine. -E Like -e, except bracket lines from overlapping changes' first and third files. With -e, an overlapping change looks like this: <<<<<<< mine lines from mine ======= lines from yours >>>>>>> yours --ed Generate an ed script that incorporates all the changes from older to yours into mine. --easy-only Like -e, except output only the nonoverlapping changes. -i Generate w and q commands at the end of the ed script for System V compatibility. This option must be combined with one of the -AeExX3 options, and may not be combined with -m. --initial-tab Output a tab rather than two spaces before the text of a line in normal format. This causes the alignment of tabs in the line to look normal. -L label --label=label Use the label label for the brackets output by the -A, -E and -X options. This option may be given up to three times, one for each input file. The default labels are the names of the input files. Thus diff3 -L X -L Y -L Z -m A B C acts like diff3 -m A B C , except that the output looks like it came from files named X, Y and Z rather than from files named A, B and C. -m --merge Apply the edit script to the first file and send the result to standard output. Unlike piping the output from diff3 to ed, this works even for binary files and incomplete lines. -A is assumed if no edit script option is specified. --overlap-only Like -e, except output only the overlapping changes. --show-all Incorporate all unmerged changes from older to yours into mine, surrounding all overlapping changes with bracket lines. --show-overlap Like -e, except bracket lines from overlapping changes' first and third files. -T Output a tab rather than two spaces before the text of a line in normal format. This causes the alignment of tabs in the line to look normal. --text Treat all files as text and compare them line-by-line, even if they do not appear to be text. -v --version Output the version number of diff3. -x Like -e, except output only the overlapping changes. -X Like -E, except output only the overlapping changes. In other words, like -x, except bracket changes as in -E. -3 Like -e, except output only the nonoverlapping changes. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), comm(1), diff(1), ed(1), patch(1), sdiff(1). DIAGNOSTICS
An exit status of 0 means diff3 was successful, 1 means some conflicts were found, and 2 means trouble. GNU Tools 22sep1993 DIFF3(1)