Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Function to get the duration of all videos in a folder(s) Post 303016234 by RudiC on Monday 23rd of April 2018 04:16:05 AM
Old 04-23-2018
That is quite confusing a script. And, what does "get a bit borked" mean? Incorrect? Slow? Crashes?

A few comments:
- you don't need an echo "command substitution" for a variable assignment in general.
- the repeated varn=$(echo ... | awk ... ) could be replaced by a read var1 ... varn <<< ... in what seems to be your bash version (which you, alas, don't mention)
- don't run exiftool with an empty array if the result is crooked, test the array upfront.
- your presumed bash version offers extended pattern matching of pattern-lists when the extglob option is set, mayhap eliminating the need for the find command.
- your presumed bash version offers the %()T format specifier:
Code:
printf "%(%T)T\n" 78682
22:51:22

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

duration calculation

I have a file which has 3 coloumns emp_name, Joining_date, Designation. abc 12/1/2001 SSE def 2/25/2007 SE ghi 3/18/2009 SA abc 8/1/2008 SSE def 2/13/2007 SE ghi 3/24/2005 SA I need to find out the emp who has been in the company for longest period(Till date). Can I have any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
3 Replies

2. Solaris

ufsdump backup duration

hi, i'm trying to figure out how to tell the amount of time a ufsdump of a directory takes. i use the below command: echo "Starting Backup of u4" >> /backup/backup.log 2>&1 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u4 >> /backup/backup.log 2>&1 echo "Finished Backup of u4" >> /backup/backup.log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinoy43v3r
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get password protected URL folder using PHP fopen function

Hi everybody, Please some help over here, I`m pretty new in PHP. I have a cronrefresh php file within a website, I need this script get infornation from a URL of the site. Part of the script where $URL variable appears is: $fdURL = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM affiliSt_config WHERE name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy duration of cp

Hello forum, i would like to ask if there's a way to view the remaining time of copying files (talking about copying gigabytes) while the cp commnad is running. I'm using OpenBSD 4.9 -stable. Thanx in advance. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepuku
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert duration of the process to seconds

Hi, I am looking to write a script to kill the process which are running for more than 7 days. So i have a command like "ps -eo pid,etime,args | grep -i xxxx" ( process which has xxx in it and running for more than 7 days needs to be killed ). When i exeucte the above command , i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

arecord not interrupted after specified duration

I have used the arecord command like this arecord -d 1 test.wav It is keep on waiting. I need to manually interrupt it by ctrl-c. Why it is not interrupting after one second? The arecord version which I am using is : arecord: version 1.0.23 by Jaroslav Kysela (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thillai_selvan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort by Duration

.......................................................................................................................... 03:40 Geonetric File from CCL Complete 03:40:59 03:41:08 00:00:09 00:00:01 N/A 005 sys_runccl ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Process duration

Hi , How can I check that for a single process, for example pagent for how much duration this process was up or down and also I need multiple entries if this process was down or up multiple times. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashish Garg
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duration Calculation

I have 2 variables startTime='122717 23:20' endTime='122817 0:40' how can i get the elapsed duration as like "1 hour 20 minutes" ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
8 Replies
refile(1mh)															       refile(1mh)

Name
       refile - file message in other folders

Syntax
       refile [ msgs ] [ +folder ] [ options ]

Description
       Use  the  command to move the specified message from the current folder to another folder.  You can refile messages in more than one folder
       by giving multiple folder names as arguments.

If you do not specify a message, the current message is refiled.  You can refile a message other than the current  message  by  giving  its
       number  as  a msgs argument.  You can also refile more than one message at a time by specifying more than one message number, or a range of
       message numbers, or a message sequence.	See for more information on sequences.

The current folder remains the same unless the -src option is specified; in that case, the source folder becomes  current.   Normally,  the
       last message specified becomes the current message.  However, if the -link option is used, the current message is not changed.

If  the	Previous-Sequence:  entry is set in the file, in addition to defining the named sequences from the source folder, will also define
       those sequences for the destination folders.  See for information concerning the previous sequence.

Options
       -draft	 Refiles the draft message, or the current message in your folder, if you have one set up.  You cannot give a msgs  argument  when
		 you use this option.

-file filename
		 Moves	a  file into a folder.	This option takes a file from its directory and places it in the named folder, as the next message
		 in the folder.  The file must be formatted as a legal mail message.  This means that the message must	have  the  minimum  header
		 fields separated from the body of the message by a blank line or a line of dashes.

-help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-link
       -nolink	 Keeps	a copy of the message in the source folder.  Normally, removes the messages from the original folder when it refiles them.
		 The -link option keeps a copy in the original folder, as well as filing a copy in the new folder.

-preserve
       -nopreserve
		 Preserves the number of a message in the new folder.  Normally, when a message is refiled in to another folder, it is set to  the
		 next  available number in that folder.  The -preserve option keeps the number of the message the same in the new folder as it had
		 been in the old.

You cannot have two messages with the same number in one folder, so you should use this option with care.

-src +folder
		 Specifies the source folder to take messages from.  Normally, messages are refiled from the current folder into  another  folder.
		 However, you can take messages from a different folder by using the -src +folder option to specify the alternative source folder.

Examples
       The following example refiles messages 3 and 5 in the folder
       % refile 3 5 +records

The next example files the current message into two folders:
       % refile +jones +map

The next example takes message 13 in the current folder and refiles it in the folder.  The message remains in the current folder as well as
       appearing in the folder.
       % refile -link 13 +test

The next example takes a message from the folder when it is not the current folder, and places it in the folder
       % refile 3 -src +test +outbox

Profile Components
       Path:		 To determine your Mail directory

Folder-Protect:	 To set protections when creating a new folder
       rmmproc: 	 Program to delete the message

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       folder(1mh), mark(1mh), mh_profile(5mh)

refile(1mh)