Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Vlookup using awk non similar files Post 303016026 by ranjancom2000 on Wednesday 18th of April 2018 09:59:09 AM
Old 04-18-2018
that Don and RudiC. I can able to get the output from RudiC script itself

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

vlookup files

hi frnds i have 2 files. 1st is dddd and 2nd is ssss ==> dddd <==: 1,charit 2,gilhotra ==> ssss <==: 1,sajan 2,doda 3,hello and i want o/p ...mean join and vlookup both files sajan,charit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Computing the ratio of similar columns in the two files using awk script

Thanks Bartus11 for your help in the following code to compare the two files "t1" and "t2". awk 'NR==FNR{a=1;next}$2 in a{print $2}' t1 t2 First can anyone explain that what is the purpose of assigning a =1? Second, the current script is printing out the matched columns between the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coder83
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vlookup using awk

Hello, I am trying to use vlookup (Excel function) using awk but there is some problem :( --file1-- ABC123 101F X1 A $P=Z X2 A $P=X X3 B $P=F X4 C $P=G MNK180 END --file2-- X1 A_t $P=Z X2 A_t $P=X X3 B_u $P=F X4 C_o $P=G (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: young
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between two csv files in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk/unix and am trying to put together an awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between the two csv files. Here are the contents of the two files: File 1: Date,ParentID,Number,Area,Volume,Dimensions 2014-01-01,ABC,247,83430.33,857.84,8110.76... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk cmd for vlookup in Mysql

Hi, Is there possible to do vlookup in Mysql one table from another table based on one column values and placed the data in same table? if it is possible in mysql itself pls share links for reference. Here is the ex: i need to vlookup the cus.id in table to and place the cus.name in 4th... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vlookup using awk

Hi folks, awk 'NR==FNR {m=$0; next} $1 in m{$0=m} {print}' file2 file1 Works a charm for a vlookup type query, sourced from https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/215998-vlookup-using-awk.html However my column content has white spaces and numbers. Example file1 The Man... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pshields1984
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vlookup using awk without exact match

Code used to find the server from cloum 3 and update needtotakesnap Output came from above command awk 'NR==FNR{A;next}$3 in A{$3 = "needtotakesnap " $3}1' /home/Others/active-server.txt /home/Others/all-server |grep server1 879 dummy server1_217_silver dummy 00870 TDEV 2071575 831 Tier1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vlookup on 2 files - inserting vlookup command on another command

Hello, i am trying to print group name column(etc/group) on script (etc/passwd) since group name is not listed on etc/passwd columns. Im trying to do a vlookup. but i cant figure out how i can insert the vlookup command FNR==NR inside the print out command or the output. I also tried exporting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joonisio
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vlookup not using awk

Hi I just want again to ask for help on what command to use to vlookup f1 group name in "/etc/group" matching f3 of it to "/etc/passwd" f4. I do need to display group name in the output of /etc/passwd without using awk or NR==FNR command. thank you while IFS=: read -r f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 f7... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joonisio
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to compare two files in UNIX using similar to vlookup?

Hi, I want to compare same column in two files, if values match then display the column or display "NA". Ex : File 1 : 123 abc xyz pqr File 2: 122 aab fdf pqr fff qqq rrr (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hkoshekay
1 Replies
YPBIND(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 YPBIND(8)

NAME
ypbind -- NIS domain binding daemon SYNOPSIS
ypbind [-ypset] [-ypsetme] [-s] [-m] [-S domainname,server1,server2,...] DESCRIPTION
The ypbind utility is the process that maintains NIS binding information. At startup, it searches for an NIS server responsible for serving the system's default domain (as set by the domainname(1) command) using network broadcasts. Once it receives a reply, it will store the address of the server and other information in a special file located in /var/yp/binding. The NIS routines in the standard C library can then use this file when processing NIS requests. There may be several such files since it is possible for an NIS client to be bound to more than one domain. After a binding has been established, ypbind will send DOMAIN_NONACK requests to the NIS server at one minute intervals. If it fails to receive a reply to one of these requests, ypbind assumes that the server is no longer running and resumes its network broadcasts until another binding is established. The ypbind utility will also log warning messages using the syslog(3) facility each time it detects that a server has stopped responding, as well as when it has bound to a new server. The following options are available: -ypset It is possible to force ypbind to bind to a particular NIS server host for a given domain by using the ypset(8) command. However, ypbind refuses YPBINDPROC_SETDOM requests by default since it has no way of knowing exactly who is sending them. Using the -ypset flag causes ypbind to accept YPBINDPROC_SETDOM requests from any host. This option should only be used for diagnostic purposes and only for limited periods since allowing arbitrary users to reset the binding of an NIS client poses a severe security risk. -ypsetme This is similar to the -ypset flag, except that it only permits YPBINDPROC_SETDOM requests to be processed if they originated from the local host. -s Cause ypbind to run in secure mode: it will refuse to bind to any NIS server that is not running as root (i.e., that is not using privileged TCP ports). -S domainname,server1,server2,server3,... Allow the system administrator to lock ypbind to a particular domain and group of NIS servers. Up to ten servers can be specified. There must not be any spaces between the commas in the domain/server specification. This option is used to ensure that the system binds only to one domain and only to one of the specified servers, which is useful for systems that are both NIS servers and NIS clients: it provides a way to restrict what machines the system can bind to without the need for specifying the -ypset or -ypsetme options, which are often considered to be security holes. The specified servers must have valid entries in the local /etc/hosts file. IP addresses may be specified in place of hostnames. If ypbind cannot make sense out of the arguments, it will ignore the -S flag and continue running normally. Note that ypbind will consider the domainname specified with the -S flag to be the system default domain. -m Cause ypbind to use a 'many-cast' rather than a broadcast for choosing a server from the restricted mode server list. In many-cast mode, ypbind will transmit directly to the YPPROC_DOMAIN_NONACK procedure of the servers specified in the restricted list and bind to the server that responds the fastest. This mode of operation is useful for NIS clients on remote subnets where no local NIS servers are available. The -m flag can only be used in conjunction with the -S flag above (if used without the -S flag, it has no effect). NOTES
The ypbind utility will not make continuous attempts to keep secondary domains bound. If a server for a secondary domain fails to respond to a ping, ypbind will broadcast for a new server only once before giving up. If a client program attempts to reference the unbound domain, ypbind will try broadcasting again. By contrast, ypbind will automatically maintain a binding for the default domain whether client programs reference it ot not. FILES
/var/yp/binding/[domainname].[version] the files used to hold binding information for each NIS domain /etc/rc.conf system configuration file where the system default domain and ypbind startup options are specified SEE ALSO
domainname(1), syslog(3), yp(8), ypserv(8), ypset(8) AUTHORS
Theo de Raadt <deraadt@fsa.ca> BSD
April 9, 1995 BSD