Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Issue in installing expect and Tcl Post 303015564 by Corona688 on Friday 6th of April 2018 02:50:03 PM
Old 04-06-2018
You have a binary distribution and should not be installing from source.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect with tcl/tk

hai all, i have an tcl script in which i have been reading the DUT Command prompt of an cisco switch as DUT Command Prompt : cisco* and running the test case of stp now the problem is if i have given any blank space in between the cisco or at the startup then the Expect is not identifying the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjustudy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Expect/Tcl help?

Does anyone know of an expect/tcl forum that is as helpful as this one is for shell scripting? Or if anyone has any expect knowledge, can you please provide some guidance on how to write to a local error log based on output from a ssh session? I have something like this: foreach host... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: earnstaf
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcl expect HELP

In the following "for" loop I assume the the script will expect "anyway", "first" NOT in any paticular order and send "yes" when there found, breaking out of the loop when "$prompt" is found. The way it is working is like 3 individual expect lines, and they MUST be in cronological order. ANY help... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave_m
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcl/expect

Can someone identify what is the problem here?. no children while executing "exp_wait -nowait -i -1" (procedure "logOptions" line 45) invoked from within "logOptions" (procedure "doExecute" line 98) invoked from within "doExecute" (procedure "main" line 32) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: calsum
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with TCL/Expect in Solaris 5.3

I'm having this problem with a very simple tcl expect script that is running on Solaris 5.3 with TCL version 8.4.7 and expect version 5.0. below is the simplified version of the code snippet, which I think has everything to illustrate the problem, the full version is at the very bottom in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinchharmonic
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL/Expect not working as expected

I am having an issue with TCL\Expect; I am passing arguments via the commandline that are read in via "lrange $argv". One of those var's is a password with characters that need to be escapaed, after escaping them an hitting enter expect is placing curly braces around my password... why?! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RiSk
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Expect/Tcl help

hi, I am new in Expect. I have a question about expect timeout. suppose I have a structure of expect { ".."{ send"............"} timeout{ ............... } } The silly question is if I reach timeout, how can I store the error message showing on the screen to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: allenxiao7
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect TCL script

Hello, I write a TCL script for Expect/ Telnet. I want to send command to the telnet server. But I want to close after the command is sent. Anybody know which command can flush the expect so I can sure the command is sent to the telnet server??? EX: send "./command1\r" close... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linboco
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to install expect after installing tcl on Redhat Linux

Hi, I have install tcl and then expect but I am getting below ouput while trying which expect which expect /usr/bin/which: no expect in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin) I have copied both in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish_1678
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special Character issue in Expect Utility (Tcl)

Hi, I have written a unix expect utility "ssh-login.exp" which connects (ssh) to remote host and execute some shell script. I am calling this "ssh-login.exp" utility from another shell script. "ssh-login.exp" takes username, password, host and shell script path to execute on remote host. All... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mahesh Desai
1 Replies
Debian::Debget(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Debian::Debget(3pm)

NAME
Debian::Debget - helper functions used by debget et al SYNOPSIS
XXX DESCRIPTION
These are functions used by debget and related scripts, but you can use them, too. I will do everything possible to retain backwards compatibility for the interfaces documented here. Most of these functions will "die" if they're called in a context (scalar, list) which doesn't match what they expect. This is so that I will be able to change them to return something different in the other context without breaking old code. IMPORTABLES
binary_package_info package This function returns some information about a binary package. If the package isn't found nothing is returned. If it is found, the return value is a data structure like this: $r->{$distribution}{$architecture} = $version; # $distribution => 'stable', 'experimental', etc. # $architecture => 'i386', 'powerpc', etc. If something goes seriously wrong binary_package_info will "die". source_package_info package This function returns some information about a source package. If the package isn't found nothing is returned. If it is found, the return value is a data structure like this: $r->{$distribution} = [$version, @binary_package_list]; # $distribution => 'stable', 'experimental', etc. # $version => '123.4-5', etc. # @binary_package_list => qw(nethack-common nethack-x11), etc. cmp_debian_versions v1, v2 This is like "cmp" for Debian package version numbers. It is prototyped to take 2 scalar arguments, so it can be used as-is as a "sort" comparison function. upstream_version debian-version This returns the upstream version extracted from the given debian-version pool_dir package This returns the pool directory (starting at the "pool/" level) in which files for package are stored. package can be either a binary or source package name. SEE ALSO
debget(1), AptPkg(3pm) AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.10.0 2008-12-12 Debian::Debget(3pm)