Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Meaning of $1^
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Meaning of $1^ Post 303015217 by Chubler_XL on Friday 30th of March 2018 06:33:07 PM
Old 03-30-2018
Perhaps "Cash up", "Buck up" or "Top dollar"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the meaning here?

#!/bin/sh $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -S $orauserid/$orapasswd@$oradb << _TMP alter session set nls_date_format = 'YYYYMMDD HH24:MI'; set linesize 100 set pagesize 400 ok the above is part of a script..i just wanna know what does sqlplus -S means?? as in why we need to insert the -S behind? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
2 Replies

2. AIX

meaning of ${0%${0##*/}}

. ${0%${0##*/}}Script_Name if i issue this command, it is executing the script. can any one tell what is the meaning of ${0%${0##*/}} (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nyelavarthy
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use and meaning of $*

Can someone explain the use and meaning of "$*" expression. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
2 Replies

4. Linux

What are the meaning of these macros..

Masters, I am trying to learn the serial mouse driver for linux kernel. On the kernel source tree I find out these macros and I am unable to find out the meaning of these macros. Please anyone help me to understand these. These macros are defined in linux/serio.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what the meaning of #*

can some one please tell the meaning of the second statement i.e n=${m#*=} i couldnt get the meaning of the #*= 1.) m="mohit=/c/main/issue" echo $m result ----------- mohit=/c/main/issue 2.) n=${m#*=} echo $n RESULT ------- /c/main/issue (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the meaning of $_

Hi, Can somebody tell the usage of "$_" cd $_ ? and ls $_ ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

meaning of !*

can someone please tell what !* means in shell syntax. Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

^$$ meaning

Hi , Can anyone please let me know whta the follwoing piece of code for ScriptName=${0##*/} if pgrep -f "$ScriptName" | grep -v "^$$\$" ; then echo `date`": Sctipt $ScritName is already runnig" exit fi Thnx a lot in advance Please use code tags when posting data and code... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

meaning of <<!

Hi all, I wanna know the meaning of the last word "<<! " sudo su - user <<! please help on this !!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudharson
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning

Please let me know the meaning for the below statements in shell scripting. 1) exit -99 -------------------------------- 2) set prgdir = `pwd` set runFlag = runFlag:FALSE ------------------------------------- 3) if (-f $prgdir/maillst.eml) then set distEmail = `cat $prgdir/maillst.eml`... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lg123
1 Replies
NUMGREP(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						NUMGREP(1)

NAME
numgrep - This program is the numeric equivilent of the grep utility. SYNOPSIS
numgrep [-dhlV] <FILE> | numgrep [-dhlV] (Input on STDIN from pipeline.) numgrep [-dhlV] (Input on STDIN. Use Ctrl-D to stop.) DESCRIPTION
numgrep searches for different occurances of numbers through the use of numeric expressions. OPTIONS
-l Print the matching numbers out one per line instead of printing the entire line they are on. -h Help: You're looking at it. -V Increase verbosity. -d Debug mode. For developers EXPRESSIONS
numgrep uses a special numeric expression matching system. Basically, it searches for ranges, factors and sequences of numbers. Here is a list of the syntax characters and some sample expressions that will get you going: /<expression>/ Put your expression or set of expressions between these two forward slashes. .. Range expression. A number must be used on the left and/or right of this expression to specify that numbers between, greater than or less than the numbers specified should be matched. , Expression sepeartor. The comma sepearates one complete expression from another in a set enclosed by //. m<n> Multiples of <n>. This operator, followed by a number <n> will match any number <x> that is an integer multiple of <n>. Meaning that <x> = <n> times <y>, where <y> is any integer. f<n> Factors of <n>. This operator, followed by a number <n> will match any number <x> that is an integer factor of <n>. Meaning that <x> = <n> divided by <y>, where <y> is any integer. NOTE: Checking for factors and multiples is very fast because it is checked by doing a single modulus operation on two numbers. Examples: /2..10/ Match any number between 2 and 10. /2..10,20..30/ Match any number between 2 and 10 or between 20 and 30. /56,34,512,45,67/ Match any of the numbers 56, 34, 512, 45 or 67. /m3/ Match any integer that is a multiple of 3. /f1024/ Match any integer that is a factor of 1024. $ numrange -N /1..1000/ | numgrep /f1024/ 1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512 $ BUGS
numgrep can't handle certain situations properly. Such as if it encounters a number with leading zeros, it will treat it as an octal number and thus might not match the way you would expect. numgrep does not yet allow you to mix numbers and text in the matching expression. So you can not do something like 'numgrep /port=0..1023/ firewall.log'. But this will be changed in the future. SEE ALSO
numaverage(1), numbound(1), numinterval(1), numnormalize(1), numprocess(1), numsum(1), numrandom(1), numrange(1), numround(1) COPYRIGHT
numgrep is part of the num-utils package, which is copyrighted by Suso Banderas and released under the GPL license. Please read the COPYING and LICENSE files that came with the num-utils package Developers can read the GOALS file and contact me about providing submitions or help for the project. BUGS
numgrep will round decimal numbers with more than 15 digits of accuracy. This is mostly due to limit's in the way programming languages deal directly with numbers. MORE INFO
More info on numgrep can be found at: http://suso.suso.org/programs/num-utils/ perl v5.10.1 2009-10-31 NUMGREP(1)