Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error F painit on bootup
Operating Systems SCO Error F painit on bootup Post 303015042 by jgt on Monday 26th of March 2018 09:05:43 PM
Old 03-26-2018
Can you check the CMOS and ensure that the sata controller is set to ide and not ahci, and if there is the option also set it to compatible mode.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Triple bootup

Hi guys, May I know how to install Solaris 8 in the way that I can triple boot it with my the other two OS: WIndows ME and Windows 2000 Pro. Can you all please kindly advise me on how to setup the triple boot process inorder to allow Windows ME to be the default OS when being ask to choose... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cia
1 Replies

2. Linux

Preventing a scan of the RAID during bootup

I have a RH 7.3 server that needs a restart today after putting a patch in place. The last time I rebooted this box was almost a year ago and when the uptime is quite long, Linux likes to check all the disks for errors, including the RAID. This adds almost 1.5Hrs to my bootup process:eek: . Does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: turbo90awd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bootup script

Hello there I need to run a script whenever i reboot or startup my HP-UX server. This script adds some routes to the route table, and it start third party aplications like "Star Manager". I thought i could do this simply putting the script in "/sbin/init.d, and a link to the script in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bootup Error

Hi all The following error was displayed when a sco server (5.0.5) was booted. What should be done to overcome the problem. Replies appreciated. Bios 03.0 0130688 KB memory good 01 processor(s) in system remote console dialing on, please wait connect fail : modem off cpu clock... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why not automatic bootup

Evry time I start up my mavhine ,have to type in unix at Boot : Is there a way unix should bootup automatically? Asif (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asif iqbal
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to start ssh at bootup

Hi i installed ssh of version v 1.21 and my AIX is of 5.3. I want to start my ssh deamon at the startup can any one please help me out reg.. Thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmalla
1 Replies

7. AIX

File system not mounting at bootup

Hi, I've got a recent problem with 2 file systems on an AIX 5.3 server. The fs's are marked to auto mount at startup and do show as being mounted after a a restart however if you cd to the mount point and 'df -g .' it shows the fs hasn't actually mounted. $ mount |grep SQLT0001.0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

system slows after bootup for some time

Hi, I am using a Linux system running at run level 3. I am finding a wired problem, once the system boots, the system terminal slows down, I need to type the characters repeatedly to enter my login and password info. Also running any commands takes time, it stays in this condition for some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootup sequence

What is the boot up sequence in UNIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi_g
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Sunfire X4600 Errors on Bootup

Hi Folks, Has anyone seen these errors on bootup. Mar 15 12:22:30 svc.startd: svc:/system/device/local:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/devices-local" failed due to signal SEGV.ht (c) 1983, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Configuring devices. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ESSTEAM
1 Replies
ADJKERNTZ(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      ADJKERNTZ(8)

NAME
adjkerntz -- adjust the local time CMOS clock to reflect time zone changes and keep the current timezone offset for the kernel SYNOPSIS
adjkerntz -i adjkerntz -a [-s] DESCRIPTION
The adjkerntz utility maintains the proper relationship between the kernel clock, which is always set to UTC and the CMOS clock, which may be set to local time. The adjkerntz utility also informs the kernel about machine timezone shifts in order to maintain proper timestamps for local time file systems such as the MS-DOS file system. The main purpose of maintaining these timestamps properly is to keep the timestamps of a FreeBSD MS-DOS file system and an MS-DOS operating system synchronized when they are installed on the same system rather than fixing broken MS-DOS file timestamps. If the file /etc/wall_cmos_clock exists, it means that the CMOS clock keeps local time (MS-DOS and MS-Windows compatible mode). If that file does not exist, it means that the CMOS clock keeps UTC time. The adjkerntz utility passes this state to the machdep.wall_cmos_clock kernel variable. Adjustments may be needed at system startup and shutdown, and whenever a time zone change occurs. To handle these different situations, adjkerntz is invoked in two ways: -i This form handles system startups and shutdowns. The adjkerntz utility is invoked with this option from /etc/rc on entry to multi-user mode, before any other daemons have been started. The adjkerntz utility puts itself into the background. Then, for a local time CMOS clock, adjkerntz reads the local time from it and sets the kernel clock to the corresponding UTC time. The adjkerntz utility also stores the local time zone offset in the machdep.adjkerntz kernel variable, for use by subsequent invocations of 'adjkerntz -a' and by local time file systems. For a local time CMOS clock 'adjkerntz -i' pauses and remains inactive as a background daemon until it receives a SIGTERM. The SIGTERM will normally be sent by init(8) when the system leaves multi-user mode (usually, because the system is being shut down). After receiving the SIGTERM, adjkerntz reads the UTC kernel clock and updates the CMOS clock, if necessary, to ensure that it reflects the current local time zone. Then adjkerntz exits. -a [-s] This form is used to update the local time CMOS clock and kernel machdep.adjkerntz variable when time zone changes occur, e.g., when entering or leaving daylight savings time. The adjkerntz utility uses the kernel clock's UTC time, the previously stored time zone offset, and the changed time zone rule to calculate a new time zone offset. It stores the new offset into the machdep.adjkerntz kernel variable and updates the wall CMOS clock to the new local time. If 'adjkerntz -a' was started at a nonexistent time (during a timezone change), it exits with a warning diagnostic unless the -s option was used, in which case adjkerntz sleeps 30 minutes and tries again. This form should be invoked from root's crontab(5) every half hour between midnight and 5am, when most modern time zone changes occur. Warning: do not use the -s option in a crontab(5) command line, or multiple 'adjkerntz -a' instances could conflict with each other. The adjkerntz utility clears the kernel timezone structure and makes the kernel clock run in the UTC time zone. Super-user privileges are required for all operations. ENVIRONMENT
TZ Time zone change rule, see tzset(3); not needed when tzsetup(8) or zic(8) is used. FILES
/etc/localtime Current zoneinfo file, see tzsetup(8) and zic(8). /etc/wall_cmos_clock Empty file. Its presence indicates that the machine's CMOS clock is set to local time, while its absence indicates a UTC CMOS clock. DIAGNOSTICS
No diagnostics. If an error occurs, adjkerntz logs an error message via syslog(3) and exits with a nonzero return code. SEE ALSO
tzset(3), crontab(5), mount_msdosfs(8), rc(8), sysctl(8), tzsetup(8), zic(8) HISTORY
The adjkerntz utility appeared in FreeBSD 1.0. AUTHORS
Andrey A. Chernov <ache@astral.msk.su> BSD
March 8, 2012 BSD