Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using awk add preffic to dynamic order Post 303014794 by ranjancom2000 on Wednesday 21st of March 2018 07:41:30 AM
Old 03-21-2018
Thanks it was working great

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing XML dynamic data via awk?

I am trying to use a line of output in an XML file as input in another new XML file for processing purposes via a shell script. Since I am a newbie though, I'm not sure how to do this since the data is different everytime. I am using this technique with static data right now: echo -n "Running... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: corwin43
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic filename in awk

Hi The following code seems to work, but why am i getting an error message? cscyabl@comet:(develop)> awk 'BEGIN {FS="|"}{print $2 >> $1}' test.sum awk: A print or getline function must have a file name. The input line number is 8. The file is test.sum. The source line number is 1. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indalecio
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dynamic match thru awk

hey , my i/p text looks like this, FILE_TYPE=01|FILE_DESC=Periodic|FILE_SCHDL_TYPE=Daily|FILE_SCHDL=|FILE_SCHDL_TIME=9:00am|RESULTS=B FILE_TYPE=02|FILE_DESC=NCTO|FILE_SCHDL_TYPE=Daily|FILE_SCHDL=|FILE_SCHDL_TIME=9:00am|RESULTS=M NOTE Look carefully for the position FILE_TYPE,FILE_DESC... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
23 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic command line generation with awk

Hi, I'm not an expert in awk but i need a simple script to do this: I'd like to AutoCrop PDF files. I found 2 simple script that combined together could help me to automatize :) The first utiliti is "pdfinfo" that it gives the MediaBox and TrimBox values from the pdf. The pdfinfo output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbagagli
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make pattern search dynamic in awk

Hi, I have a data in a file like below - andy 22 abc 30000 wallstreet paul 30 xyz 40000 martstreet john 35 abc 50000 martstreet I want to search number of employees working in a particular company. Below query executes perfectly - awk '/abc/{ COUNT ++; }END { print "number of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify line with dynamic variable in awk

Hi, I'm guessing this is probably relatively straight forward to do in awk, but I just can't get my head round it! I have a log file of the following format: 3:03:35 (lmgrd) TIMESTAMP 10/14/2011 3:20:41 (MLM) IN: "MATLAB" user1@host1.private.dns.zone 3:21:05 (MLM) IN: "MATLAB"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrissycc
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How order a data matrix using awk?

is it possible to order the following row clusters from ascending to descending. thanx in advance input 1 2 4 0 1 2 4 0 3 3 3 3 1 5 1 0 1 5 1 0 6 0 0 0 5 1 1 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk : dynamic output flatfile filename

Hello, I'm using the awk command to insert empty columns on a tab delimited flatfile - which works fine - => But I'm not able to manage dynamicaly the filename of the awk output based on the source flatfile filename I have 3 source flatfile: flatfile_Jan-2016.csv flatfile_Feb-2016.csv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tipiak
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing if dynamic conditions in awk

Hi All, I got struck at the below point where i am unable to get the desired output after forming the dynamic conditions.Below is the design. 1. We are getting inputs from the shell arguments and storing in a variable like below. CONDITIONS="1=CT,2=US_10,3=CT_US_10" 2. After this i am... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
14 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)