Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Extracting specific fields from an XML file Post 303014707 by Siv51427882 on Monday 19th of March 2018 10:43:31 AM
Old 03-19-2018
Thanks RudiC .. That worked like a gem...Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting XML file using sed

Hello folks I want to extract data between certain tag in XML file using 'sed' <xml> ......... .......... <one>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</one> ...... Anyone ?Thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pujansrt
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a part of XML File

Hi Guys, I have a very large XML feed (2.7 MB) which crashes the server at the time of parsing. Now to reduce the load on the server I have a cron job running every 5 min.'s. This job will get the file from the feed host and keep it in the local machine. This does not solve the problem as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shridhard
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting fields from file

I am need to extract a number of values from a file, put have now clue how to do this. The file looks like this: # My file Dest=87;CompatibleSystemSoftwareVersion=2.5300-; Dest=87;ImageVersion=000061f3;SystemSoftwareVersion=2.5300;CDN=http://my.backup.com/download.txt;CDN_Timeout=30; I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MagicDude4Eva
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting values from an XML file

Hello People, I have an xml file from which I need to extract the values of the parameters using UNIX shell commands. Ex : Input is like : <Name>Roger</Name> or <Address>MI</Address> I need the output as just : Roger or MI with the tags removed. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sushant172
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting data from an xml file

Hello, Please can someone assist. I have the following xml file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> - <PUTTRIGGER xmlns:xsd="http://www.test.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.test.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" APPLICATIONNUMBER="0501160" ACCOUNTNAME="Mrs S Test"... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dolph
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in extracting data from xml file

Hello, This is my first post in here, so excuse me if I sound too noob here! I need to extract the path "/apps/mp/installedApps/V61/HRO/hrms_01698_A_qa.ear" from the below xml extract. The path will always appear with the key "binariesURL" <deployedObject... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek2386
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in extracting fields from a file

I have an input file with contents like: 203969 OrdAcctCycChg USAGE_DAEMON1 203970 OrdAcctCycChg USAGE_DAEMON2 203971 OrdAcctCycChg USAGE_DAEMON3 203972 OrdAcctCycChg USAGE_DAEMON4 I need to extract variables in first column... (51 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Putnala
51 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading XML file and extracting value

Dear All, I am reading one XML file to extract value from the particular tag:- Sample xml is below:- <KeyValuePairs> <Key>TestString</Key> <Value>Test12_Pollings</Value> </KeyValuePairs> I want to read the value for the KEY tag and there will be multiple key tags :- awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the tag name from an xml file

Hi, My requirement is something like this, I have a xml file that contains some tags and nested tags, <n:tag_name1> <n:sub_tag1>val1</n:sub_tag1> <n:sub_tag2>val2</n:sub_tag2> </n:tag_name1> <n:tag_name2> <n:sub_tag1>value</n:sub_tag1> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in extracting data from XML File

Hi All My input file is an XML and it has some tags and data rows at end. Starting of data rows is <rs:data> and ending of data rows is </rs:data>. Within sample data rows (2 rows) shown below, I want to extract data value after equal to sign (until space or "/" sign). So if XML data... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
7 Replies
GEM(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    GEM(4)

NAME
gem -- ERI/GEM/GMAC Ethernet device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device miibus device gem Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_gem_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The gem driver provides support for the GMAC Ethernet hardware found mostly in the last Apple PowerBooks G3s and most G4-based Apple hard- ware, as well as Sun UltraSPARC machines. All controllers supported by the gem driver have TCP checksum offload capability for both receive and transmit, support for the reception and transmission of extended frames for vlan(4) and a 512-bit multicast hash filter. HARDWARE
Chips supported by the gem driver include: o Apple GMAC o Sun ERI 10/100 Mbps Ethernet o Sun GEM Gigabit Ethernet The following add-on cards are known to work with the gem driver at this time: o Sun Gigabit Ethernet PCI 2.0/3.0 (GBE/P) (part no. 501-4373) o Sun Gigabit Ethernet SBus 2.0/3.0 (GBE/S) (part no. 501-4375) NOTES
On sparc64 the gem driver respects the local-mac-address? system configuration variable which can be set in the Open Firmware boot monitor using the setenv command or by eeprom(8). If set to ``false'' (the default), the gem driver will use the system's default MAC address for all of its devices. If set to ``true'', the unique MAC address of each interface is used if present rather than the system's default MAC address. Supported interfaces having their own MAC address include the on-board Sun ERI 10/100 Mbps on boards equipped with more than one Ethernet interface and the Sun Gigabit Ethernet 2.0/3.0 GBE add-on cards. SEE ALSO
altq(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), vlan(4), eeprom(8), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The gem device driver appeared in NetBSD 1.6. The first FreeBSD version to include it was FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The gem driver was written for NetBSD by Eduardo Horvath <eeh@NetBSD.org>. It was ported to FreeBSD by Thomas Moestl <tmm@FreeBSD.org> and later on improved by Marius Strobl <marius@FreeBSD.org>. The man page was written by Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>. BSD
December 25, 2009 BSD