Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Using powershell on win10 to invoke bash Post 303014435 by apmcd47 on Monday 12th of March 2018 10:29:20 AM
Old 03-12-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaryszek
What do you mean Andrew?

So my Path is not working correctly?

Jacek
I meant for you to run the
Code:
echo %path%

from your Windows Command Prompt, also referred to as the "DOS Box", started from the Start Menu as CMD.EXE. Not the Power Shell, and not Bash.

I wanted to compare that path with the bash $PATH and see if I could spot where the java executable is, so I could advise you on how to adjust the bash $PATH.

Andrew
This User Gave Thanks to apmcd47 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke Perl function from Bash ?

Is it possible to invoke a perl function from a bash script ? There are existing perl scripts with many functions that I want to reuse from a more recent script written in bash. Hence the question. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewDeb
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke a bash script with perl

Hi all, I use the perl script to invoke the bash script. and now there is a problem. my bash script lists as follows: and I use perl run this test scripts now the problem is when I run the perl script I find there is nothing recorded in the file /tmp/jdk.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Does PowerSHell have *stat command analogs?

I.e. like vmstat, cpustat, iostat, fsstat, kstat ..etc? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Powershell Script Help

Need some help getting this script to work. can someone help. I am trying to create a script that moves log files to another location and only keeps 60 days worth. please see script I started but having issue getting to work.. $TODAY=GET-DATE GET-CHILDITEM C:\test\*.LOG | Where {... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: freedavis
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start powershell with shebang from windows/cygwin/bash?

I would like to the the windws8/cygwin/bash shebang feature to start a powershell script. I do a "chmod +x set-sound.ps1" and then at a bash prompt I do ./set-sound.ps1 The first line of ./set-sound.ps1 #!powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted The result is the result: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Help with PowerShell

I am very not knowledgeable with regards to Windows, and even more so with PowerShell, but I'm hoping someone can help me with what should be a fairly simple script. Remove all local accounts matching a given regular expression It seems like I'd need the following combined... Somehow... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - cygwin (powershell?) pull from GitHub API Parse JSON

All, Have a weird issue where i need to generate a report from GitHub monthly detailing user accounts and the last time they logged in. I'm using a windows box to do this (work issued) and would like to know if anyone has any experience scripting for GitAPI using windows / cygwin / powershell?... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChocoTaco
9 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Powershell + office 365

Hello ! I am looking for powershell guys. I have lot of office365 users ,and i need add/remove calendar items from powershell. my users have multiple calendars. how can i select calendar ,and how can i add / remove item to selected calendar. PS C:\appl\o365calendar> get-mailboxfolder... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoldkovacs
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute powershell script with UNIX

Hi I have a powershell script which is checking whether a windows service is running (as shown below) function FuncCheckService { $ServiceName = 'pgsql-9.2' $arrService = Get-Service -Name $ServiceName if ($arrService.Status -eq 'Running') { Write-Output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
8 Replies
BUILDAPP(1)							   User Commands						       BUILDAPP(1)

NAME
buildapp - application to create common lisp images SYNOPSIS
buildapp --output OUTPUT-FILE [--flag1 value1 ...] DESCRIPTION
Required flags: --output OUTPUT-FILE Use OUTPUT-FILE as the name of the executable to create Entry-point flags: --entry NAME Use the function identified by NAME as the executable's toplevel function. Called with SB-EXT:*POSIX-ARGV* as its only argument. If NAME has a colon, it is treated as a package separator, otherwise CL-USER is the implied package. --dispatched-entry DNAME Specify one possible entry function, depending on the name of the file that is used to start the application. The syntax of DNAME is APPLICATION-NAME/ENTRY-NAME. If the name used to start the executable matches APPLICATION-NAME, use ENTRY-NAME as the entry point. This can be used to choose one of many possible entry points by e.g. symlinking names to the application executable. If APPLICA- TION-NAME is empty, the specified ENTRY-NAME is used as a default if no other application names match. There may be any number of dispatched entry points, but only one default. Action flags: --load FILE Load FILE. CL:*PACKAGE* is bound to the CL-USER package before loading --load-system NAME Load an ASDF system identified by NAME --require NAME Use CL:REQUIRE to load NAME --eval CODE Use CL:EVAL to evaulate CODE. The code is read with CL:READ-FROM-STRING in the CL-USER package There may be any number of load/load-system/require/eval flags. Each is executed in command-line order before creating an executable. Load path flags: --load-path DIRECTORY When handling a --load, search DIRECTORY for files to load --asdf-path DIRECTORY When handling a --load-system, search DIRECTORY for ASDF system files to load --asdf-tree DIRECTORY When handling a --load-system, search DIRECTORY and all its subdirectories for ASDF system files to load There may be any number of load-path/asdf-path/asdf-tree flags. asdf-path arguments take precedence over asdf-tree arguments. Other flags: --help Show this usage message --logfile FILE Log compilation and load output to FILE --sbcl PATH-TO-SBCL Use PATH-TO-SBCL instead of the sbcl program found in your PATH environment variable For the latest documentation, see http://www.xach.com/lisp/buildapp/ buildapp 1.1 July 2010 BUILDAPP(1)