Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail Post 303014379 by Sambit Sahu on Sunday 11th of March 2018 03:02:55 AM
Old 03-11-2018
A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys,

I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those lines over email.

Also, the script abc.sh need to be terminated as it don't get terminated. Now, I am running the script and have to do CTRL+C to get to next prompt.

Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send e-mail in Shell script

How to send an error mail from a shell script e.g. mail destination_adr@blabla.int "Message : here an error message " thanks, Ann. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annelisa
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to send a mail

Hi, I need a shell script which runs in the backround for all the 24 hours and send a mail to us regarding the output of the prstat command when the load average increase above certain percent. kindly help me on this...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send a mail

Hi , I need to prepare a script which will check my database with specific to particluar table. If the row count exceeds a certain limit, i need to send a mail to a set of Recipients. Being new to unix, please guide me to complete this task. Advance thanks, Sekar. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix. please help me. how my cron job entry should be? As of now my cron job entry is to run the script at specific time, 15 03 * * * /path/sample.sh | mail -s "Logs" email_id In the above entry, what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run sql script and send to mail if not empty?

Thanks again for helping me out. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue. I have a SQL script that produces a list -however we are only interested in that list if the length is not zero Here is the sql file named dailyBalance.sql select * from Balance where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write this script:- check output word and send a mail?

Hi Guys, I am not Good at scripting. I need to write a script such that if output of command shows the particular word in output then send mail to abc@compay.com -bash-3.2$ ps -ef | grep bpbkar root 6040 1 0 13:05:19 ? 0:00 bpbkar -r 2678400 -ru root -dt 47395 -to 0... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To send a mail through shell script

I want to send a mail through shell script,If it is possible Please give me a code. mail id : upload.xxx@example.com (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send mail alert

HI Guys, I am writing one shell script to send the mail alert to some email id's if the file not modified in last 10 mins but its not working, I believe MTIME is null string is wrong . can you please assist me on this. script :- filename="abc.txt" echo "Filename is $filename"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

C shell script wont terminated if i don't modify the shebang

Hi all, I'm new to shell script i wrote some shell script for my colleague, everyone is fine,except on user we are using VNC viewer to work and there are some script start with shebang #! /bin/csh there is an user will not terminate after running the script even if a hello world i need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pilistar0222
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script before and after reboot automatically and send output to two locations.

Hello Team . I am working a health check script ( bash) to run on linux server ( RedHat) and requirements are 1. The o/p of script need to be send to two diff files . I am testing with tee command . But I am not successful yet , any recommendations if that is the right approach ? 2. The same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varja
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD