Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Splitting the XML file into three different files Post 303014146 by balajesuri on Tuesday 6th of March 2018 03:13:03 AM
Old 03-06-2018
You may use simple shell techniques (reading file line by line, grep, sed/cut, output redirection) to achieve this; or go for bit more advanced techniques provided by, let's say python's xml modules.

By the way, what have you tried?

Last edited by balajesuri; 03-06-2018 at 04:21 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting huge XML Files into fixsized wellformed parts

Hi, I need to split xml-files with sizes greater than 2 gb into smaler chunks. As I dont want to end up with billions of files, I want those splitted files to have configurable sizes like 250 MB. Each file should be well formed having an exact copy of the header (and footer as the closing of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malapha
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting huge xml into multiple files

hi all i have a some huge html files (500MB to 1GB). Each file has multiple <html></html> tags <html> ................. .................... .................... </html> <html> ................. .................... .................... </html> <html> .................... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uttamhoode
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a file (xml) into multiple files

To split the files Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Test.xml --------- <?xml version="UTF_8"> <emp: ....> <name>a</name> <age>10</age> </emp> <?xml version="UTF_8"> <emp: ....> <name>b</name> <age>10</age>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasi_u
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in Splitting a xml file into multiple and appending it in another .xml file

HI All, I have to split a xml file into multiple xml files and append it in another .xml file. for example below is a sample xml and using shell script i have to split it into three xml files and append all the three xmls in a .xml file. Can some one help plz. eg: <?xml version="1.0"?>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesan kulasek
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting XML file on basis of line number into multiple file

Hi All, I have more than half million lines of XML file , wanted to split in four files in a such a way that top 7 lines should be present in each file on top and bottom line of should be present in each file at bottom. from the 8th line actual record starts and each record contains 15 lines... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Splitting into multi files

Hi , I have a XML file like below file name : sample.xml <?xml version="1.0"?> <catalog> <author>Rajini</author> <title>XML Guide</title> <Text> </Text> <genre>Computer</genre> <price>44.95</price> </catalog> <?xml version="1.0"?> <catalog> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthinvk
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I was checking this old post: /shell-programming-and-scripting/180669-splitting-file-into-several-smaller-files-using-perl.html (cannot paste link because of lack of points) I need to do something like this but understand very little of perl. I also check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcosta
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting CSV into variables then to XML file

I have a text file that looks like this: FIELD1, FIELD2, THIS IS FIELD3, FIELD4 FIELD1, FIELD2, THIS IS FIELD3, FIELD4 FIELD1, FIELD2, THIS IS FIELD3, FIELD4 I need it to turn it into an XML file to run against a custom application. My ultimate goal is for it to look like... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting the XML file and renaming the files

Hello Gurus, I have a requirement to split the xml file into different xml files. Can you please help me with that? Here is my Source XML file <jms-system-resource> <name>PS6SOAJMSModule</name> <target>soa_server1</target> <sub-deployment> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siv51427882
3 Replies
Feed::Find(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Feed::Find(3pm)

NAME
Feed::Find - Syndication feed auto-discovery SYNOPSIS
use Feed::Find; my @feeds = Feed::Find->find('http://example.com/'); DESCRIPTION
Feed::Find implements feed auto-discovery for finding syndication feeds, given a URI. It (currently) passes all of the auto-discovery tests at http://diveintomark.org/tests/client/autodiscovery/. Feed::Find will discover the following feed formats: o RSS 0.91 o RSS 1.0 o RSS 2.0 o Atom USAGE
Feed::Find->find($uri) Given a URI $uri, use a variety of techniques to find the feeds associated with that page. If $uri itself points to a feed (i.e., if the Content-Type of the response is a recognized feed type), returns $uri. Returns a list of feed URIs. The following techniques are used: 1. <link> tag auto-discovery If the page contains any <link> tags in the <head> section, these tags are examined for recognized feed content types. The following content types are treated as feeds: application/x.atom+xml, application/atom+xml, application/xml, text/xml, application/rss+xml, and application/rdf+xml. 2. Scanning <a> tags If the page does not contain any known <link> tags, the page is then scanned for <a> tags for links to URIs with certain file extensions. The following extensions are treated as feeds: .rss, .xml, and .rdf. Note that this technique is employed only if the first technique returns no results. Feed::Find->find_in_html($html [, $base_uri ]) Given a reference to a string $html containing an HTML page, uses the same techniques as described above in find to find the feeds associated with that page. If you know the URI of the page, you should provide it in $base_uri, so that relative links can be properly made absolute. Feed::Find will attempt to determine the correct base URI, but unless that URI is specified in the HTML itself (in a "<meta>" tag), you'll need to supply it yourself. Returns a list of feed URIs. LICENSE
Feed::Find is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR &; COPYRIGHT Except where otherwise noted, Feed::Find is Copyright 2004 Benjamin Trott, ben+cpan@stupidfool.org. All rights reserved. perl v5.10.1 2011-01-28 Feed::Find(3pm)