Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace field in the delimited file Post 303014013 by Don Cragun on Saturday 3rd of March 2018 02:19:32 PM
Old 03-03-2018
You've changed your requirements several times and not have shown us that you have made any attempt at all to modify code that you've been given to meet your newly added requirements.

Why don't you try making some of these changes on your own, show us what you have tried, and let us know if you get stuck getting the output you want.

We want to help you learn how to do things like this on your own. If you're given code that you don't understand, ask the person who gave it to you to explain how it works. We are not here to act as your unpaid programming staff.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing a field in pipe delimited TEXT File

Hi, I want to replace a field in a text delimited file with the actual number of records in the same file. HDR|ABCD|10-13-2008 to 10-19-2008.txt|10-19-2008|XYZ DTL|0|5464-1|0|02-02-2008|02-03-2008||||F||||||||| DTL|1|5464-1|1|02-02-2008|02-03-2008|1||JJJ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi0435
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count field frequency in a '|' delimited file

I have a large file with fields delimited by '|', and I want to run some analysis on it. What I want to do is count how many times each field is populated, or list the frequency of population for each field. I am in a Sun OS environment. Thanks, - CB (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert a field into a tab delimited file

Hello, Can someone help me to do this with awk or sed? I have a file with multiple lines, each line has many fields separated with a tab. I would like to add one more field holding 'na' in between the first and second fields. old file looks like, 1, field1 field2 field3 ... 2, field1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssshen
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insert Field into a tab-delimited file

Hello, I have about 100 files in a directory with fields which are tab delimited. I would like to append the file name as the first field and it has to be done as many times as the total lines in the file. For example, myFile1.txt has the following data: 1 x y z 2 a b ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace 3rd field of space delimited text file

how to replace the 3rd colum? Each line begins similarly, but they all ends variously. XX YY 03 variable text here XX YY 03 more variable text here XX YY 03 even more variable text here really long setence XX YY 03 variable numbers also appear 03 11. 123 456 XX YY 03 the occasional comma,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to remove the first field from a '|' delimited file

Hi I have a file with fields delimited by |. I need to remove the first field from the file. I tried cut but it just extracts that field. sample.output abc|100|name1 cde|200|name2 efg|300|name3 Output should be sample.output 100|name1 200|name2 300|name3 thanks Var (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: var285
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pad zeroes first field in a Delimited file

Need help. I tried using an awk command to pad zeroes. Unfortunately, the "|" pipe delimited character is gone when I tried to write the records to another file. awk -F \| ' {$1=sprintf("%06s", $1); print $0}' $CUSTFINAL2 > $CUSTFINAL3 BEFORE "KEYRECORD"|"SA ID"|"PER ID"|"SP ID"|"ACCT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnhips
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a nth field from a comma delimited file

Hi, In my file (which is "," delimited and text qualifier is "), I have to extract a particualr field. file1: 1,"aa,b",4 expected is the 2nd field: aa,b I tried the basic cut -d "," -f 2 file 1, this gave me aa alone instead aa,b. A small hint ot help on this will be very... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add new 'date field' in a pipe delimited file

i need to add a new field in a pipe delimited line. the field will be the current date today. aa|a|s|w|1 as|oiy|oiy|oiy|2 given that all lines are uniformed in the number of fields i want it to look like this:\ aa|a|s|w|1|20120126 as|oiy|oiy|oiy|2|20120126 please help :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Last field from a delimited file

Hi, I have a '~' delimited file and i want to remove the last field using awk. Please find the sample records below: 1428128~1~0~1100426~003~50220~005~14~0~194801~11~0~3~14~0~50419052335~0~0820652001~2~00653862 ~0~1~0~00126~1~20000110~20110423~R~ ~0~Z~1662.94~ ~002041~0045~Z~... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
3 Replies
pvs(1)								   User Commands							    pvs(1)

NAME
pvs - display the internal version information of dynamic objects SYNOPSIS
pvs [-Cdlnorsv] [-N name] file... DESCRIPTION
The pvs utility displays any internal version information contained within an ELF file. Commonly, these files are dynamic executables and shared objects, and possibly relocatable objects. This version information can fall into one of two categories: o version definitions o version dependencies Version definitions describe the interfaces that are made available by an ELF file. Each version definition is associated to a set of global symbols provided by the file. Version definitions can be assigned to a file during its creation by the link-editor using the -M option and the associated mapfile directives. See the Linker and Libraries Guide for more details. Version dependencies describe the binding requirements of dynamic objects on the version definitions of any shared object dependencies. When a dynamic object is built with a shared object, the link-editor records information within the dynamic object indicating that the shared object is a dependency. This dependency must be satisfied at runtime. If the shared object also contains version definitions, then those version definitions that satisfy the global symbol requirements of the dynamic object are also recorded in the dynamic object being created. At process initialization, the runtime linker uses any version dependencies as a means of validating the interface requirements of the dynamic objects used to construct the process. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. If neither the -d or -r options are specified, both are enabled. -C Demangles C++ symbol names. -d Prints version definition information. -l When used with the -s option, prints any symbols that have been reduced from global to local binding due to versioning. By conven- tion, these symbol entries are located in the .symtab section, and fall between the FILE symbol representing the output file, and the FILE symbol representing the first input file used to generate the output file. These reduced symbol entries are assigned the fabricated version definition _REDUCED_. No reduced symbols will be printed if the file has been stripped (see strip(1)), or if the symbol entry convention cannot be determined. -n Normalizes version definition information. By default, all version definitions within the object are displayed. However, version definitions can inherit other version definitions. Under normalization, only the head of each inheritance list is displayed. -N name When used with the -d option, -N prints only the information for the given version definition name and any of its inherited ver- sion definitions. When used with the -r option, -N prints only the information for the given dependency file name. -o Creates one-line version definition output. By default, file, version definitions, and any symbol output is indented to ease human inspection. This option prefixes each output line with the file and version definition name and can be more useful for analysis with automated tools. -r Prints version dependency (requirements) information. -s Prints the symbols associated with each version definition. Any data symbols are accompanied with the size, in bytes, of the data item. -v Verbose output. Indicates any weak version definitions, and any version definition inheritance. When used with the -N and -d options, the inheritance of the base version definition is also shown. When used with the -s option, the version symbol definition is also shown. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported. file The ELF file about which internal version information is displayed. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying version definitions The following example displays the version definitions of libelf.so.1: % pvs -d /lib/libelf.so.1 libelf.so.1; SUNW_1.1 Example 2: Creating a one-liner display A normalized, one-liner display, suitable for creating a mapfile version control directive, can be created using the -n and -o options: % pvs -don /lib/libelf.so.1 /lib/libelf.so.1 - SUNW_1.1; Example 3: Displaying version requirements The following example displays the version requirements of ldd and pvs: % pvs -r /usr/bin/ldd /usr/bin/pvs /usr/bin/ldd: libelf.so.1 (SUNW_1.1); libc.so.1 (SUNW_1.1); /usr/bin/pvs: libelf.so.1 (SUNW_1.1); libc.so.1 (SUNW_1.1); EXIT STATUS
If the requested version information is not found, a non-zero value is returned. Otherwise, a 0 value is returned. Version information is determined not found when any of the following is true: o the -d option is specified and no version definitions are found. o the -r option is specified and no version requirements are found. o neither the -d nor -r option is specified and no version definitions or version requirements are found. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWtoo | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ld(1), ldd(1), strip(1), elf(3ELF), attributes(5) Linker and Libraries Guide SunOS 5.10 14 Apr 2004 pvs(1)