Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming -Warray-bounds option to GCC compiler Post 303013378 by milhan on Tuesday 20th of February 2018 01:07:16 PM
Old 02-20-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
Perhaps a stupid question:

You are using -O2 and -Warray-bounds at the same time?

35587 - -Warray-bounds does not work at all or does not find all trivial cases, and :works only with -O2 or -O3
See the first post for the man page info. -Warray-bounds is enabled by default with -Wall. Together with -O2 or -O3 or not. It doesn't catch at all. Try and see it for yourself. I am wondering why it is there if it doesn't work..!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc compiler / gcc

:confused: I have a question concerning gcc. IŽd like to install the gcc on my Mac OS X, but when I try to run the configure command I get the following message: floriant% ./configure ./configure: read-only variable: PWD Configuring for a powerpc-apple-darwin5.4 host. *** This configuration... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: florian.turck
2 Replies

2. Programming

gcc compiler

i write c++ code it run perfectely with g++ compiler but same code when i compile with GCC compiler it gives linker error , followed these linker error /tmp/ccfZtXOQ.o(.text+0x22): In function `main': conf_system.cpp: undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned int)'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: munnu
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xl C/C++ compiler to GCC compiler

Hi, we are converting from IBM-AIX(xl c/c++ compiler) to Linux(GCC complier). As a part of this i need to change the CFLAGS. The xl c/c++ complier CFLAGS is CFLAGS := $(CDEBUG) $(PROJECT_INCLUDE_DIRS) $(COBJECT_MODE) -qcpluscmt -qmakedep -qcheck=all \ -qalign=bit_packed $(LINT_FLAGS)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbattu1
0 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.3 gcc compiler

Hi there I've got a problem getting my mysql libraries to work. every time I compile my source code it gives my a compiler error. Cannot find a rule to create target /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h AND /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h: Permission denied Is anyone fimiliar with this error, and can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cipher#1
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

gcc compiler

where to download gcc compiler for ubuntu? how to install? how to build and run "c programs"? screen shots if possible.....:b::D tutorials too:cool: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: villanarun
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

gcc compiler

I am using open suse linux. I want to install gcc compiler in my machine. I ahve checked man gcc and man cc. But it's not there. Can someone help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
4 Replies

7. Programming

gcc compiler

Which gcc compiler release had the Arm 9 multicore support?Whether the compiler that used for the single Arm 9 core can be used for its multicore systems ? If gcc not support,please tell me which are the compilers that are available for Arm 9 multicore systems (including commerical).Whether... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujith4u87
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc compiler and gcc compiler

hi, can we install gcc compiler in unix based OS(sun solar,IBM AIX,HP,etc) and also can we install sun cc compiler in AIX environment and vice versa. and more ..is linux support cc compiler regards Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
3 Replies

9. Programming

A question regarding the gcc compiler ...

It might be a simple one but I have this question bothering me for sometime. When we do a symbol search inside the library directory (i.e. /usr/lib/*) via tools like nm; it takes a while to give us the results. However, its very quick when gcc is invoked to compile a program with the very same... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
11 Replies
Template::Plugin::URL(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Template::Plugin::URL(3)

NAME
Template::Plugin::URL - Plugin to construct complex URLs SYNOPSIS
[% USE url('/cgi-bin/foo.pl') %] [% url(debug = 1, id = 123) %] # ==> /cgi/bin/foo.pl?debug=1&id=123 [% USE mycgi = url('/cgi-bin/bar.pl', mode='browse', debug=1) %] [% mycgi %] # ==> /cgi/bin/bar.pl?mode=browse&debug=1 [% mycgi(mode='submit') %] # ==> /cgi/bin/bar.pl?mode=submit&debug=1 [% mycgi(debug='d2 p0', id='D4-2k[4]') %] # ==> /cgi-bin/bar.pl?mode=browse&debug=d2%20p0&id=D4-2k%5B4%5D DESCRIPTION
The "URL" plugin can be used to construct complex URLs from a base stem and a hash array of additional query parameters. The constructor should be passed a base URL and optionally, a hash array reference of default parameters and values. Used from with a template, it would look something like the following: [% USE url('http://www.somewhere.com/cgi-bin/foo.pl') %] [% USE url('/cgi-bin/bar.pl', mode='browse') %] [% USE url('/cgi-bin/baz.pl', mode='browse', debug=1) %] When the plugin is then called without any arguments, the default base and parameters are returned as a formatted query string. [% url %] For the above three examples, these will produce the following outputs: http://www.somewhere.com/cgi-bin/foo.pl /cgi-bin/bar.pl?mode=browse /cgi-bin/baz.pl?mode=browse&debug=1 Note that additional parameters are separated by '"&"' rather than simply '"&"'. This is the correct behaviour for HTML pages but is, unfortunately, incorrect when creating URLs that do not need to be encoded safely for HTML. This is likely to be corrected in a future version of the plugin (most probably with TT3). In the mean time, you can set $Template::Plugin::URL::JOINT to "&" to get the correct behaviour. Additional parameters may be also be specified to the URL: [% url(mode='submit', id='wiz') %] Which, for the same three examples, produces: http://www.somewhere.com/cgi-bin/foo.pl?mode=submit&id=wiz /cgi-bin/bar.pl?mode=browse&id=wiz /cgi-bin/baz.pl?mode=browse&debug=1&id=wiz A new base URL may also be specified as the first option: [% url('/cgi-bin/waz.pl', test=1) %] producing /cgi-bin/waz.pl?test=1 /cgi-bin/waz.pl?mode=browse&test=1 /cgi-bin/waz.pl?mode=browse&debug=1&test=1 The ordering of the parameters is non-deterministic due to fact that Perl's hashes themselves are unordered. This isn't a problem as the ordering of CGI parameters is insignificant (to the best of my knowledge). All values will be properly escaped thanks to some code borrowed from Lincoln Stein's "CGI" module. e.g. [% USE url('/cgi-bin/woz.pl') %] [% url(name="Elrich von Benjy d'Weiro") %] Here the spaces and ""'"" character are escaped in the output: /cgi-bin/woz.pl?name=Elrich%20von%20Benjy%20d%27Weiro An alternate name may be provided for the plugin at construction time as per regular Template Toolkit syntax. [% USE mycgi = url('cgi-bin/min.pl') %] [% mycgi(debug=1) %] AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin perl v5.16.3 2011-12-20 Template::Plugin::URL(3)