Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Move a LUN from one server to the other Post 303013180 by fretagi on Friday 16th of February 2018 10:20:22 AM
Old 02-16-2018
the sys admin of that server, have configured 450G LUN and in there it was installed the operating system. That LUN of 450G is part of internal disks of the server.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to move a file from one server to another server using FTP in shell script?

I have a file --> file1.txt i need to copy this file to another server using FTP....the 2 servers are server1 and server2..may i know how to write a script that can do this? thanks in advance! Im a newbie to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
4 Replies

2. Solaris

LUN allocation in solaris server

hi all can anyone tell me how to track a new attached LUN in a solaris server?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raynu.sharma
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Dedicated Server Move

I just moved a dedicated server, which included moving to a new subnet, and new IP address. Now my server is not reconnecting - I've tried ifconfig, altering the etc/hosts file with the new ip address, with no luck. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esmerika
5 Replies

4. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

adding LUN to linux server

Hi All, I am new for this blog and this is my first Query on this blog. I would like to dael with graet masters on linux. Here we go, After storage people created the LUN, How to add that LUN to Linux server. (Make that LUN visibility on linux server.) ? How to view the LUN... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhay1983
5 Replies

6. AIX

How to move libraries to another server

Hi, I have compiled FreeTDS on AIX 5.3. Its my dev environment so I have c compilers on the box so I was able to compile. From the test environment onwards I will not be able to have c compilers. I tried to move these files directly to the test environment with the same directory structure but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayraghavk
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

DM multipath :iscsi lun shows by diff names on two server where its exported

Hi, I am trying to setup multipathing (using DM multipath) for a redhat cluster setup ...all setup is done but issue is : node 1 shows the shared iscsi lun as sdc node 2 shows the same as sdg (changes on reboots) Due to this (i guess) i get i/o error & i can not read files created by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
0 Replies

8. Linux

How to detect FC lun on Server?

I have created a lun on Storage and connected it to server using fiber channel. LUN is presented on new Server . How do i check and mount this newly created LUN? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

AIX server do not detect LUN from HP storage

ssssssssssss (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampathenjoy
0 Replies
iostat(1)						      General Commands Manual							 iostat(1)

NAME
iostat - report I/O statistics SYNOPSIS
[interval [count]] DESCRIPTION
iteratively reports I/O statistics for each active disk on the system. Disk data is arranged in a four-column format: Column Heading Interpretation -------------------------------------------------- device Device name bps Kilobytes transferred per second sps Number of seeks per second msps Milliseconds per average seek If two or more disks are present, data is presented on successive lines for each disk. To compute this information, seeks, data transfer completions, and the number of words transferred are counted for each disk. Also, the state of each disk is examined times per second (as defined in and a tally is made if the disk is active. These numbers can be combined with the transfer rates of each device to determine average seek times for each device. With the advent of new disk technologies, such as data striping, where a single data transfer is spread across several disks, the number of milliseconds per average seek becomes impossible to compute accurately. At best it is only an approximation, varying greatly, based on several dynamic system conditions. For this reason and to maintain backward compatibility, the milliseconds per average seek field is set to the value 1.0. Options recognizes the following options and command-line arguments: Report terminal statistics as well as disk (or lunpath) statistics. When used with the option, lunpath and terminal statistics are displayed. Terminal statistics include: Number of characters read from terminals. Number of characters written to terminals. Percentage of time system (active processors) has spent in user mode. Percentage of time system (active processors) has spent in user mode running low-priority (nice) processes. Percentage of time system (active processors) has spent in system mode. Percentage of time system (active processors) has spent idling. interval Display successive lines which are summaries of the last interval seconds. The first line reported is for the time since a reboot and each subsequent line is for the last interval only. count Repeat the statistics count times. Report active lunpath statistics. When used with the option, lunpath and terminal statistics are reported. The lunpaths are not displayed in any specific order, and the current order may change in future releases. Lunpath data is arranged in a four-column format: symbolic name of the lunpath of the form: diskm_lunpathn, where m is the instance number of LUN and n is the instance number of lunpath. For example, in disk47_lunpath7, m is 47 and n is 7. These instance numbers are displayed by using the option for the LUN and lunpath entries. For more information on LUN and lunpath hardware path, refer to intro(7). Kilobytes transferred per second. Number of seeks per second. Milliseconds per average seek. For multiple lunpaths, data is presented on successive lines for each active lunpath. If no lunpaths were active, a blank line is printed. EXAMPLES
Show current I/O statistics for all disks: Display I/O statistics for all disks every 10 seconds until INTERRUPT or QUIT is pressed: Display I/O statistics for all disks every 10 seconds and terminate after 5 successive readings: Display I/O statistics for all disks every 10 seconds, also show terminal and processor statistics, and terminate after 5 successive read- ings: Display I/O statistics for all active lunpaths: Display I/O statistics for all active lunpaths every 10 seconds until INTERRUPT or QUIT is pressed: Display I/O statistics for all active lunpaths every 10 seconds, and terminate after 5 successive readings: Display I/O statistics for all active lunpaths every 10 seconds, also show terminal and processor statistics, and terminate after 5 succes- sive readings: WARNINGS
Users of must not rely on the exact field widths and spacing of its output, as these will vary depending on the system, the release of HP- UX, and the data to be displayed. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley, and HP. FILES
SEE ALSO
vmstat(1), ioscan(1M), intro(7). iostat(1)