Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Last user login more than certain days Post 303012888 by rbatte1 on Monday 12th of February 2018 06:43:41 AM
Old 02-12-2018
If you can use last and get a list of those that have been active for your desired period, then you can use something like:-
Code:
cut -f1 -d ":" /etc/passwd | grep -vf active-list

You have to be careful that the active list doesn't match multiple accounts, e.g. a user named bob in the active list might also match bobby and you won't see it in the output.

How are your users defined? Are there likely to be false-positives in this?

perhaps you also need to merge your active list with a list of service accounts, e.g. root or oracle or whatever. You need to be sure that your listed idle users are checked before you do anything too drastic with them.

I hope that this helps,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I create user but i cant login the user i created.

I created a user, i login as a root. I add him in the group where he can access and login as a root! I checked it in users' list and in group's list, he is there. My problem is this, I cant login using the username/account I just created! What should i do to use and login the user/account i've just... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete user file(s) older then 'X' days ??

I want to delete any file in unix file system which is older then a week. Those files should not be unix system file..means it should be user created file. Any clue to this ?? ASAP. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to calculate user's last login to check if > 90 days

I need a script to figure out if a user's last login was 90 days or older. OS=AIX 5.3, shell=Korn Here's what I have so far: ==== #!/usr/bin/ksh NOW=`lsuser -a time_last_login root | awk -F= '{ print $2 }'` (( LAST_LOGIN_TIME = 0 )) (( DIFF = $NOW - $LAST_LOGIN_TIME )) lsuser -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script from other user rather than login user

Hi, My requirement is that i am login from ROOT in a script but when any command is coming which is logging to sqlplus then i have to run it with normal user as only normal user have permission to connect to sqlplus . i tried making a script like this : #! /bin/ksh su -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawatds
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How many time have user logged last X days?

Hi all.. I was trying to do a little shell script, that would list users and their login times, lets say like last 5 days. But I couldnt figure out how to count users login times from previous days. Any tips? Funny that nobody has do this kinda script before, or atleast I couldnt find on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimmo_
2 Replies

6. Solaris

error message rmclomv ... SC Login Failure for user Please login:

Hello World ~ HW : SUN Fire V240 OS : Solaris 8 Error message prompts 'rmclomv ... SC login failure ...' on terminal. and Error Message prompts continually 'SC Login Failure for user Please login:' on Single Mode(init S) The System is in normal operation, though In case of rain, Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Login as another user through Shell script from current user[Not Root]

Hi Every body, I would need a shell script program to login as different user and perform some copy commands in the script. example: Supppose ora_toms is the active user ora_toms should be able to run a script where user: ftptomsp pass: XXX should login through and run the commands ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ujjwal27
9 Replies

8. AIX

User Account Login Login on your AIX server

I want to learn AIX. I would like to find someone who would be willing to give me a login to their AIX home lab server. My intent is to poke around and discover the similarities and differences of AIX compared to other *NIXs. I am a UNIX admin so I can think of what some immediate concerns may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl_in_my_shel
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login into another user from user inside script

now i have logged in username : ramesh in unix Now i have to created script file to login into another user and have run a command inside that user and after executing the command i have to exit from that user. Inside script, i have to login into su - ram along with password : haihow and have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Prevent user from creating new user from his login

Hi Experts, Need your support Redhat 6.5 I want to create a user with all(read, write, execute) privileges except that user should not be able to create any new user from his login to perform any task. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
10 Replies