Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Best performance UNIX just for HOST Virtualization? Post 303011978 by Neo on Saturday 27th of January 2018 02:22:01 AM
Old 01-27-2018
My experience is that major Linux updates to PHP and Apache2 can and do break things.

It has to break things in many circumstances because, for example, the Apache2 configuration file for the latest version of Apache2 / PHP7 does not work with PHP 5.X versions, of PHP/Apache2, etc.

So, Apache2 will break during some major upgrades and so will PHP code.

Also, PHP code which is DEPRECATED in PHP7 will break when upgrading to PHP7.

You must be very careful upgrading if you do not want a lot of unexpected downtime; and if you are just doing the upgrade on your personal server, that might be OK; but if you are upgrading a production server, one odd config file change or incompatibility can ruin your day for sure.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ILOM to unix host

Hello- On Solaris 10g x86 - I had two IP addresses , one for unix host (connecting through putty) and one for ILOM (connecting through CLI and web). I had to perform some changes in FS sizes etc, did that on unix host and executed command 'init 6' remotely for them to take place. But, the unix host... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
30 Replies

2. Red Hat

Red Hat and Intel: Smart processors, virtualization boost efficiency and performance

On Monday March 30, Intel announced the availability of their much anticipated new line of processors, the Intel® Xeon® Processor 5500 series–nicknamed Nehalem. Red Hat, a long-time partner of the market-leading chip maker , collaborated on the chip’s debut, testing and optimizing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virtualization of Global Namespace in UNIX

Hi all, I have a small Question here in Unix File System.I am unable to get a proper answer in Internet. Hope someone can get back to me soon. A Unix file system can mount filesystem of several disk partitions to form a single global space. Suppose that you wish to virtualize this global... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pavan Kumar
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Virt-install: ERROR Host does not support any virtualization

Hello guys! First of all sorry about my english. I am using KVM to virtualizate. But when i run the virt-install command, it shows the next error: ERROR Host does not support any virtualization options.My server had virtualisation extensions enabled in the bios. It is my first time using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: morrison71
7 Replies
Apache2::Build(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Apache2::Build(3)

NAME
Apache2::Build - Methods for locating and parsing bits of Apache source code SYNOPSIS
use Apache2::Build (); my $build = Apache2::Build->new; # rebuild mod_perl with build opts from the previous build % cd modperl-2.0 % perl -MApache2::Build -e rebuild DESCRIPTION
This module provides methods for locating and parsing bits of Apache source code. Since mod_perl remembers what build options were used to build it, you can use this knowledge to rebuild it using the same options. Simply chdir to the mod_perl source directory and run: % cd modperl-2.0 % perl -MApache2::Build -e rebuild If you want to rebuild not yet installed, but already built mod_perl, run from its root directory: % perl -Ilib -MApache2::Build -e rebuild METHODS
new Create an object blessed into the Apache2::Build class. my $build = Apache2::Build->new; dir Top level directory where source files are located. my $dir = $build->dir; -d $dir or die "can't stat $dir $! "; find Searches for apache source directories, return a list of those found. Example: for my $dir ($build->find) { my $yn = prompt "Configure with $dir ?", "y"; ... } inc Print include paths for MakeMaker's INC argument to "WriteMakefile". Example: use ExtUtils::MakeMaker; use Apache2::Build (); WriteMakefile( 'NAME' => 'Apache2::Module', 'VERSION' => '0.01', 'INC' => Apache2::Build->new->inc, ); module_magic_number Return the MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER defined in the apache source. Example: my $mmn = $build->module_magic_number; httpd_version Return the server version. Example: my $v = $build->httpd_version; otherldflags Return other ld flags for MakeMaker's dynamic_lib argument to "WriteMakefile". This might be needed on systems like AIX that need special flags to the linker to be able to reference mod_perl or httpd symbols. Example: use ExtUtils::MakeMaker; use Apache2::Build (); WriteMakefile( 'NAME' => 'Apache2::Module', 'VERSION' => '0.01', 'INC' => Apache2::Build->new->inc, 'dynamic_lib' => { 'OTHERLDFLAGS' => Apache2::Build->new->otherldflags, }, ); AUTHOR
Doug MacEachern perl v5.12.1 2008-03-10 Apache2::Build(3)