Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk (Too many open files)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk (Too many open files) Post 303011664 by tealc on Monday 22nd of January 2018 08:44:57 AM
Old 01-22-2018
Thank you @rdrtx1 , tested and worked!

@disedorgu Thanks for showing me that approach, but how can I use it? I need the 5th word for every line in a file to be changed. I Tried using your code, removing the:

Code:
(for i in {00001..01000}; do echo $i;done)

But didnīt worked.

Thank you All for your great help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: cannot open inputf

I'd like some help with awk too. Somewhere in my bash script i have written something like this: awk -v outputfile=$finalFile -v inputf=$file 'BEGIN { commands } { more commands } ΕND{ }' inputf where the file is a .input file with data. I also tried this: awk -v... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_fairy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: can't open

Hi Guys, I was just trying to run a bunch of test scripts which ran perfectly before i changed servers to a different solaris machine. But i just changed it to run on a different solaris version and my awk statement in the script shows an error. awk BEGIN{s=ARGV; r=ARGV; \ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wick3dsunny
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Can't open file

Hello all, I am creating a small bash script to cycle through some files that are the results of an analysis I have run (I am a statistician). There are many folders called job001, job002,...,job135. Each folder has a text file called results.txt. I want to create two summary files of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jem43
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: can't open the file

I have a shell script with the following awk command. awk '$1 == "GEOG_SRV"{split($2,a,":");print a}' /etc/qm when I run it manually command line its fine and giving the output. bash-3.00$ awk '$1 == "GEOG_SRV"{split($2,a,":");print a}' /etc/qm 9010 But in the script its... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to open large datafie in awk?

I just tried awk '{print}' all.plo awk: cannot open all.plo (Value too large for defined data type)awk '{print $8"-"$7"-"$6,$9,$4,$5,$12,$15}' all.plo awk: cannot open all.plo (Value too large for defined data type) datafile size is 4.8GB any other provision ? only cat works FS is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: can't open file!!

To whom it may concern, Please help! I am trying to use awk to open all the files in a folder and remove one row and append everything into an output file. for X in `ls /Users/misssmith/Desktop/birdseed/`; do awk '(NR==546412)' /Users/misssmith/Desktop/birdseed/$X >>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: salpie
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: can't open error

Hi , In a directory i've the files in the following format pay:year:mon:11789604 pay:year:mon:17675644 --- and i need to get 4th part of the above file name so i used awk command in the below code #!/bin/ksh for test_data in pay* do txt_awk = awk -F':' '{print $4;}' $test_data ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk throws makes too many open files

Hi, I have a below awk script. BEGIN { FS=","; } { system("curl -v -H \"Authorization: SSWS test" -H \"Accept: application/json\" -H \"Content-Type: application/json\" -X POST \"https://tes.test.com/api/v1/users?activate=false\" -d \'{ \"profile\": { \"firstName\": \"" $1 "... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output yields error: awk:can't open job_name (Autosys)

Good evening, Im newbie at unix specially with awk From an scheduler program called Autosys i want to extract some data reading an inputfile that comprises jobs names, then formating the output to columns for example 1. This is the inputfile: $ more MapaRep.txt ds_extra_nikira_usuarios... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
18 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk date too many open files

Dear Community; I have a csv file with msb and lsb in $3 and $5 fields which provides the epochtime (factor 65536). Further I need to convert epochtime to readable datetime. But am getting an error. File Sample: 5000a,1000,20671,0,16421,0,1,NULL,0 5000b,1000,20974,0,-16284,0,1,NULL,0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
4 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)