Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Code trouble
Top Forums Programming Code trouble Post 303011236 by eldondehart on Monday 15th of January 2018 12:53:46 PM
Old 01-15-2018
tried that

/home/eldon/wthrbase/src/wthrbase.c:929:15: error: too few arguments to function ‘pow'
this is the error

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

trouble

Hello, The system reboots in single user mode what command to use to bring the system up regularly?? I get INIT: cannot create /var/adm/utmpx Type control -d to proceede with a normal startup or give root passwd for system maintaince. either way i don't have a change and ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: awk
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

The trouble with...

Welcome to "The trouble with...." with your host, ZazzyBob. Todays offering - "The trouble with letting other people host your website" I use a certain web hosting service, who shall of course remain nameless here. They are running PHP 4.3.10 I decide to write a script to test their PHP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zazzybob
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The trouble about SU ...

Hi all, having read lots of posts about SU I don't quiet understand this : I'm doing regular backups of my database (u betta do) and therefore use su - username -c "sqlscript special data_base" in a unixscript which is even using cron. (yep!) Now I need some other script, still with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Trouble with tr

I'm not sure where to post this but it's happening on a SunOS 5.8 server so I'll try here. I've discovered some unexpected behavior when using tr. For example: echo a | tr Z echo b | tr a echo a | tr B echo a | tr B echo a | tr A (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike@Work
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X trouble

Hi there, I'm new to unix-environments. I'm richard, and i'm mostly a web-developer, under php. I've done work in unix env before, but never had my own. Today, I've got debian 3.1 r4 from the official site, and i've attempted to install it twice. I installed it initially as "Desktop... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: izua
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Little Trouble Understanding some code...

Couple of questions as I try to decipher someones code who left... What would something coded like this do? IFS=: grep FIELD1 /Path/Path2/Param.fle | read LBL1 LBL2 USRID EADR SUBJ SERVERNAME CFGTBL DIR ERR=0 Param.fle contents.. FIELD1:FEI::FIELD2:dATAFIELD BATCH:MAIN SERVER......etc.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

7. Programming

Trouble with C

Hey, i am having a problem First, i know java well and i have used C++ on occasion so i thought i would be able to deal with a class where they program in C. unfortunately i have hit some speed bumps that i am having problems. Here is my problem: I have a structure cache_t in the sample... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zephoid
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

while condition with trouble

Hello! i have a llittle missunderstanding with a script and maybe you can explain where is the mistake. in the first place a have this script that is working just fine ... read -p "enter the name of the instance: " instance while ; .... but if i change the second condition with -z "`grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doro
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble executing piped shell commands in perl code

I am trying to execute a piped combination of shell commands inside a perl program. However, it is not working as desired. This is my program, i am trying to print only filenames from the output of ls -l $ cat list_test #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; my $count=0; my @list=`ls -l|awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Trouble with backup

At work I am running a solaris 10 server with a ZFS filesystem. I am unfortunately not a solaris expert by any stretch of the imagination, and the relative difficulty in doing what I consider to be a super basic operation using solaris is driving me insane. It is my job to figure out some way... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreiak
2 Replies
pow(3M) 						  Mathematical Library Functions						   pow(3M)

NAME
pow, powf, powl - power function SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lm [ library... ] #include <math.h> double pow(double x, double y); float powf(float x, float y); long double powl(long double x, long double y); DESCRIPTION
These functions compute the value of x raised to the power y, x**y. If x is negative, y must be an integer value. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return the value of x raised to the power y. For finite values of x < 0, and finite non-integer values of y, a domain error occurs and either a NaN (if representable), or an implemen- tation-defined value shall be returned. If the correct value would cause overflow, a range error occurs and pow(), powf(), and powl() return HUGE_VAL, HUGE_VALF, and HUGE_VALL, respectively. If x or y is a NaN, a NaN is returned unless: o For any finite value of y, if x is +1 and y is either +-Inf or NaN and the application is SUSv3-conforming (see standards(5)), 1.0 is returned. o For any value of x (including NaN), if y is +-0, 1.0 is returned. For any odd integer value of y > 0, if x is +-0, +-0 is returned. For y > 0 and not an odd integer, if x is +-0, +0 is returned. If x is -1, and y is +-Inf, 1.0 is returned. For |x| < 1, if y is -Inf, +Inf is returned. For |x| > 1, if y is -Inf, +0 is returned. For |x| < 1, if y is +Inf, +0 is returned. For |x| > 1, if y is +Inf, +Inf is returned. For y an odd integer < 0, if x is -Inf, -0 is returned. For y < 0 and not an odd integer, if x is -Inf, +0 is returned. For y an odd integer > 0, if x is -Inf, -Inf is returned. For y > 0 and not an odd integer, if x is -Inf, +Inf is returned. For y < 0, if x is +Inf, +0 is returned. For y > 0, if x is +Inf, +Inf is returned. For y an odd integer < 0, if x is +-0, a pole error occurs and +-HUGE_VAL, +-HUGE_VALF, and +-HUGE_VALL are returned for pow(), powf(), and powl(), respectively. For y < 0 and not an odd integer, if x is +-0, a pole error occurs and HUGE_VAL, HUGE_VALF, and HUGE_VALL are returned for pow(), powf(), and powl(), respectively. For exceptional cases, matherr(3M) tabulates the values to be returned by pow() as specified by SVID3 and XPG3. ERRORS
These functions will fail if: Domain Error The value of x is negative and y is a finite non-integer. If the integer expression (math_errhandling & MATH_ERREXCEPT) is non-zero, the invalid floating-point exception is raised. The pow() function sets errno to EDOM if the value of x is negative and y is non-integral. Pole Error The value of x is 0 and y is negative. If the integer expression (math_errhandling & MATH_ERREXCEPT) is non-zero, the divide-by-zero floating-point exception is raised. Range Error The result overflows. If the integer expression (math_errhandling & MATH_ERREXCEPT) is non-zero, the overflow floating-point exception is raised. The pow() function sets errno to EDOM if the value to be returned would cause overflow. USAGE
An application wanting to check for exceptions should call feclearexcept(FE_ALL_EXCEPT) before calling these functions. On return, if fetestexcept(FE_INVALID | FE_DIVBYZERO | FE_OVERFLOW | FE_UNDERFLOW) is non-zero, an exception has been raised. An application should either examine the return value or check the floating point exception flags to detect exceptions. An application can also set errno to 0 before calling pow(). On return, if errno is non-zero, an error has occurred. The powf() and powl() functions do not set errno. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exp(3M), feclearexcept(3M), fetestexcept(3M), isnan(3M), math.h(3HEAD), matherr(3M), attributes(5), standards(5) NOTES
Prior to Solaris 2.6, there was a conflict between the pow function in this library and the pow function in the libmp library. This con- flict was resolved by prepending mp_ to all functions in the libmp library. See mp(3MP) for details. SunOS 5.10 1 Nov 2003 pow(3M)