Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Unable to access the CIFS share folder on windows by IP Post 303011209 by hicksd8 on Monday 15th of January 2018 07:02:42 AM
Old 01-15-2018
If there are several Windows systems which have not been changed and now they all have a problem accessing the NAS, then that would point to a NAS or network issue. If the NAS ip address is not ping'able then is there a network issue? Switch? Firewall? Cabling fault?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Unable to access fedora 10 shared folder from windows

Linux OS : Fedora 10 (No graphical mode) Windows OS : XP and Windows Server NT I am able to access from my windows to linux using following step //fedora10 ip username of admin and password I am able to view the admin and shared printer of fedora 10. When i try to enter in the admin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightmare49
0 Replies

2. Solaris

mounting windows share folder

please help me,,i need step to mount windows share folder,,i try samba and nfs and it didnt work (in my linux server the command is fine),,can somenone give me an example for this to be done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cellscript
0 Replies

3. Solaris

mount windows share folder

all,,i need help,,i try to mount a windows 2000 share folder to my system,,i already userd smb mount,mount -F and bunch of stuff and none is working,,can anyone give me a script to this?? PS : when i use mount -F i got this message : nfs mount: insufficient privileges ,,, is it must be root ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cellscript
6 Replies

4. AIX

Unable to share win folder in AIX

Hi, Iam unable to share WInXp folder in AIX, i configured samba, its working fine, i am able to access win folder from AIX by using samba but unbale to access AIX folder from Windows. bash-3.00# mount -v cifs -n Win_IP/Win_username/Win_passwd /Win_Folder /AIX-folder Result: There was an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpasha06
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

user can't write on cifs share but OK with Windows Explorer

Share ServerA ==== The Samba server is running on Samba version 3.0.22 based HP CIFS Server A.02.03.04 /opt/cifsclient/sbin/cifsclientd version: HP CIFS Client - Version A.02.02.02 smb file: My previous casw was thew user wasn't able to write to the share from Windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lamoul
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX cifs: mount Windows Server 2008 share ?

Hello, I've been using AIX cifs to mount windows XP shares with no problems till now. Now it's Windows Server 2008 R2 - no go: mount -v cifs -n host1/user1/pass1 /share1 /mountpt1 There was an error connecting the share or the server. Make sure the lsdev command shows that device nsmb0 is in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
6 Replies

7. AIX

I/O speed to CIFS mounted Windows Share

I have an AIX box that mounts a Windows share across subnets. When I try to copy a 100 MB file to it, it copies around 2 MB/s. If I copy to another Windows share on the same subnet it copies around 12 MB/s. All I have is gigabit networks so I would expect it to go well over 12 MB/s, which is the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

Share folder between vmware and windows

when i try to mount share folder in redhat mount share -t vmboxfs /mnt it shows no filesystem vmbox:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbharad
4 Replies

9. Proxy Server

Unable to access Samba share with Ubuntu on Win7

I have an issue with my Samba share - I am unable to write to it, edit a file or rename a folder etc within Windows. I am using Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04 and this is my Samba config. I can connect to the /sylius directory no problem (no password required), but I cannot save to it. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Trying to share a folder between windows machine and VM

I was following the guide I found here for doing this and I reached the step where I added myself to the vboxsf group but I am still getting a permissions denied message when I try to get into the folder: ubuntu12@ubuntu12-VirtualBox: /media$ cd sf_Shared_files/ bash: cd: sf_Shared_files/:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
0 Replies
scnas(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 scnas(1M)

NAME
scnas - manage network-attached storage (NAS) device configuration data for Sun Cluster. SYNOPSIS
scnas [-H] scnas -a [-H] [-n] -h device-name -t device-type -o specific-options [-f input-file] scnas -c [-H] [-n ] -h device-name -o specific-options [-f input-file] scnas -p [-H] [-h device-name] [-t device-type] scnas -r [-H ] -h device-name DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. The scnas command manages NAS devices in a Sun Cluster configuration. To manage NAS directories in the cluster, use the scnasdir command. You can use the scnas command to create the NAS device configuration, to update the NAS type-specific properties, and to remove the device configuration from Sun Cluster. The options to this command are processed in the order in which they are typed on the command line. The scnas command can only be run from an active cluster node. The results of running the command are always the same, regardless of the nodethat is used. All forms of the scnas command accept the -H option. Specifying -H displays help information. All other options are ignored. Help informa- tion is also printed when scnas is run without options. The NAS device must be set up before using the scnas command to manage a NAS device. Refer to the documentation for the particular NAS device for procedures for setting up a device. You can use this command only in the global zone. OPTIONS
Basic Options The following options are common to all forms of the scnas command: -H If this option is specified on the command line at any position, the command prints help information. All other options are ignored and are not executed. Help information is also printed if scnas is run with no options. You can use this option only in the global zone. -n If this option is specified on the command line at any position, the scnas command only checks the usage and does not write the config- uration data. If the -n option is specified with the -f option, the scnas command checks the input file for the password. The following options modify the basic form and function of the scnas command. None of these options can be combined on the same command line. -a Specifies the add form of the scnas command. You can use this option only in the global zone. The -a option can be used to add a NAS device into the Sun Cluster configuration. Depending on the type of your NAS device, you might have to set additional properties. These required properties are also explained in the -t option description in the "Additional Options" section. -c Specifies the change form of the scnas command. The -c option is used to change specific NAS device properties. You can use this option only in the global zone. -r Specifies the remove form of the scnas command. The -r option is used to remove the NAS device from the Sun Cluster configuration. You can use this option only in the global zone. Before removing a device, all its exported directories must be removed by using scnasdir. -p Specifies the print form of the scnas command. You can use this option only in the global zone. When no other options are given, the -p option prints a listing of all the current NAS devices configured in Sun Cluster and all their associated properties. This option can be used with additional options to query a particular device or a particular type of device. Additional Options The following additional options can be combined with one or more of the previously described basic options to configure all properties for a device. The device does not need to be online to use these options. Refer to the SYNOPSIS section to see the options that can be used with each form of scnas. The additional options are as follows: -h device-name Use this option to specify the name of the NAS device in the Sun Cluster configuration. The device name identifies the device and can be used to remotely access the device by using rhs or telnet. This device name must be specified for the add, change, and remove forms of the scnas command. -t device-type The NAS device type. You must specify this option when you add a NAS device to the Sun Cluster configuration. The NAS device type is identified by the vendor name. You can specify either sun for a NAS device from Sun Microsystems, Inc. or netapp for a NAS device from Network Appliance, Inc. Different types of NAS devices have different or in some cases, no properties. -o specific-options Use this option to provide the properties that are specific to a NAS device type. For example, the NAS device from Network Appliance, Inc. has the following property: -o userid=userid Note - You do not specify properties for the NAS device from Sun Microsystems, Inc. As this device does not have any properties, the -f and -o options do not apply. The userid property is used by the cluster to perform administrative duties on the device. When you add a userid to the device configu- ration, you are prompted for its password. You can also place the password in a text file and use it by specifying the -f option. -finput-file For security reasons, the password cannot be specified in command-line options. To keep the password secure, place it in a text file and specify the file by using the -f option. If you do not specify an input file for the password, the command prompts for the pass- word. Note - You do not specify properties for the NAS device from Sun Microsystems, Inc. As this device does not have any properties, the -f and -o options do not apply. Set permissions of the input file to readable by root and prohibit access by either group or world. In the input file, the password cannot be entered across multiple lines. Leading white spaces and tabs are ignored. Comments begin with an unquoted pound (#) sign, and continue to the next new line. The parser ignores all comments. When you use an input file for the device user password, the # sign cannot be part of the password. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Adding a NAS Device From Sun Microsystems, Inc. to a Cluster The following scnas command adds a Sun Microsystems, Inc. storage system to the Sun Cluster configuration. # scnas -a -h sunnas1 -t sun Example 2 Adding a NAS Device From Network Appliance, Inc. to a Cluster The following scnas command adds a Network Appliance, Inc. storage system to the Sun Cluster configuration. # scnas -a -h netapp1 -t netapp -o userid=root Please enter password: Example 3 Removing a NAS Device From a Cluster The following scnas command removes a NAS device from the Sun Cluster configuration. # scnas -r -h sunnas1 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The command executed successfully. nonzero An error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clnasdevice(1CL), clquorum(1CL), cluster(1CL), scconf(1M), scnasdir(1M) Sun Cluster 3.2 6 Sep 2007 scnas(1M)