Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Parallel execution of Oracle procedure in UNIX Post 303010538 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 2nd of January 2018 07:24:49 PM
Old 01-02-2018
Code:
> errlog  # truncate the errlog file
for i in 124 125 126 128 129 101 203
do
(sqlplus user/passwd <<EOF >> errlog 
    exec test_t ('abc', $i);
EOF ) &
done
wait

That is just meant as a template not a well-written program.
Also be aware there are OS limits as to the number of active child processes - in this case the ( sqlplus ... ) &
Hopefully you have covered yourself with error checking in test_t, you know the WHENEVER syntax needed to exit on error and report problems

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling Oracle procedure from Unix

Does anyone know how to call an Oracle stored procedure from a Unix script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters form unix to Oracle procedure

Hi, I have screen which was desined in PL/SQL Catridges in apps. In that screen some enterable fields these values r the passing parameters to create value sets, functions, menus etc in apps by using front end screens. Now in that screen i have a button. when i click that button it have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekharamy
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling an Oracle Stored Procedure from Unix shell script

hai, can anybody say how to call or to execute an oracle stored procedure in oracle from unix... thanks in advance.... for ur reply.... by, leo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leojhose
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking Oracle stored procedure in unix shell script

Here's a shell script snippet..... cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin Retval=`sqlplus -s <<eof $TPDB_USER/april@$TPD_DBCONN whenever SQLERROR exit 2 rollback whenever OSERROR exit 3 rollback set serveroutput on set pages 999 var status_desc char(200) var status_code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hidnana
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass the values to unix shell from the oracle stored procedure.

Hi i am calling a stored procedure from unix shell like this call test_proc('0002','20100218'); the stored procedure was giving output like this dbms_output.put_line(' processed earlier'); i want to see the output in the unix shell where i called. Thanks barani (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call oracle stored procedure from unix shell

Hi i want to call a oracle stored procedure from unix (using bash shell). consider this is my oracle stored procedure with parameter create procedure testproc(name IN varchar, age IN Number, id OUT Number ) AS begin id=1; dbms_output.put.line('successfull validation') end;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

run oracle procedure in unix scripts

for j in $(du -h $1| awk '{printf("%100-s \n",$2)}') do for a in $(ls -time $(find $j -name '*.txt') | awk '{printf("\n%s %s %s %s %s",$4,$7,$8,$10,$11)}') do echo "$a">output.txt done done exit 0 echo "Password : xxxxxx " > LOG/BGH_$3.out (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run Oracle stored procedure from UNIX env

Hi Everyone, I want to create a script where i need to run the oracle stored procedure from unix script and get the output(sequence number ) into a variable which i will pass in my datastage job. Below is my stored procedure:- DECLARE P_TRANSTYPE VARCHAR2(20); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
4 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Parallel execution on multiple servers in UNIX

I have a requirement (in a shell script) to connect to several servers at once and execute a series of commands. I am aware that ssh can be used for sequential execution. But since most of the commands that I need to execute take a long time, I have to go for the parallel option. Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sneha1887
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel execution of Oracle PROC in UNIX

Hi, Trying to run the Oracle Proc in parallel, but not working.. below code runs each call of the procedure and its coming out of the loop before its completion and printing the last statement! not waiting for the sqlplus to complete. for name in `cat abc.txt` do (sqlplus -s ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ATWC
3 Replies
Tcl_DetachPids(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						 Tcl_DetachPids(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_DetachPids, Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs, Tcl_WaitPid - manage child processes in background SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_DetachPids(numPids, pidPtr) Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs() Tcl_Pid Tcl_WaitPid(pid, statusPtr, options) ARGUMENTS
int numPids (in) Number of process ids contained in the array pointed to by pidPtr. int *pidPtr (in) Address of array containing numPids process ids. Tcl_Pid pid (in) The id of the process (pipe) to wait for. int *statusPtr (out) The result of waiting on a process (pipe). Either 0 or ECHILD. int options (in) The options controlling the wait. WNOHANG specifies not to wait when checking the process. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tcl_DetachPids and Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs provide a mechanism for managing subprocesses that are running in background. These procedures are needed because the parent of a process must eventually invoke the waitpid kernel call (or one of a few other similar kernel calls) to wait for the child to exit. Until the parent waits for the child, the child's state cannot be completely reclaimed by the system. If a parent continually creates children and doesn't wait on them, the system's process table will eventually overflow, even if all the children have exited. Tcl_DetachPids may be called to ask Tcl to take responsibility for one or more processes whose process ids are contained in the pidPtr array passed as argument. The caller presumably has started these processes running in background and does not want to have to deal with them again. Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs invokes the waitpid kernel call on each of the background processes so that its state can be cleaned up if it has exited. If the process has not exited yet, Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs does not wait for it to exit; it will check again the next time it is invoked. Tcl automatically calls Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs each time the exec command is executed, so in most cases it is not necessary for any code outside of Tcl to invoke Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs. However, if you call Tcl_DetachPids in situations where the exec command may never get executed, you may wish to call Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs from time to time so that background processes can be cleaned up. Tcl_WaitPid is a thin wrapper around the facilities provided by the operating system to wait on the end of a spawned process and to check a whether spawned process is still running. It is used by Tcl_ReapDetachedProcs and the channel system to portably access the operating sys- tem. KEYWORDS
background, child, detach, process, wait Tcl Tcl_DetachPids(3)