Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reversing large data set with awk? Post 303010521 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 2nd of January 2018 12:51:25 PM
Old 01-02-2018
In that case save this as "script.awk" or a name of your choice:
Code:
BEGIN {
  ORS=FS
}
{
  for(i=1; i<=6; i++)
    print $i
  for(i=NF-2; i>=7; i-=3)
    print $i, $(i+1), $(i+2)
  printf RS
}

And execute like this:
Code:
awk -f script.awk file > outfile

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

large file options is set

Can someone tell me the right or exact syntax to check if the large file options is set on a filesystem Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and reversing

Hello I'm writing script in awk that reverse order the fields of every line in file. My script have problem with spaces - if there is more spaces between fields in line of file - my script erase them . I want my script work like command "tac" - how to change it ? #!/bin/sh file=$1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotty_123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Drop common lines at head/tail of a large set of files

Hi! I have a large set of pairs of text files (each pair in their own subdirectory) and each pair shares head/tail (a couple of first and last lines) but differs in the middle part. I need to delete the heads/tails and keep only the middle portions in which they differ. The lengths of heads/tails... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dobryden
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reversing and appending data in multiple files

Hello, I have a some files that look like this: 0 3 1 5 2 8 3 7 I want to reverse and append the data so it looks like this: 3 7 2 8 1 5 0 3 0 3 1 5 2 8 3 7 I first thought about using cat and tac cleverly with some redirection and pipe in a one-liner but I couldn't get it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigfoot
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to separate data from a large XML file into multiple files

I have a 500 MB XML file from a FileMaker database export, it's formatted horribly (no line breaks at all). The node structure is basically <FMPXMLRESULT> <METADATA> <FIELD att="............." id="..."/> </METADATA> <RESULTSET FOUND="1763457"> <ROW att="....." etc="...."> ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: JRy
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reversing line and word order using awk

Hello, I am new to awk and I was wandering if I could reverse line and word order from a text file using awk. I figured out how to do them both separately, but can't quite figure out how to mix them. Example: Input file: dog cat mouse 1 2 3 I am new to awk Output of the awk program:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blink_w
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : Filter a set of data to parse header line and last field of multiple same match.

Hi Experts, I have a data with multiple entry , I want to filter PKG= & the last column "00060110" or "00088150" in the output file: ############################################################################################### PKG= P8SDB :: VGS = vgP8SOra vgP8SDB1 vgP8S001... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

8. Programming

C++ help in large data set

Hi All, We are trying to replace a 3rdparty where we don't know how they handled the reader part here. The query below is getting 197 * 2038017 row in the table. In the below code we are trying to run the query and execute in the DB part and fetch and read the record. That is where it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make awk command faster for large amount of data?

I have nginx web server logs with all requests that were made and I'm filtering them by date and time. Each line has the following structure: 127.0.0.1 - xyz.com GET 123.ts HTTP/1.1 (200) 0.000 s 3182 CoreMedia/1.0.0.15F79 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 11_4 like Mac OS X; pt_br) These text files are... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: brenoasrm
21 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)