Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace line for another line in file Post 303010438 by batchenr on Sunday 31st of December 2017 06:25:49 AM
Old 12-31-2017
Replace line for another line in file

Hey,

i have been struggeling to find the answer myself so this is the best forum
has alwyas help me Smilie

i have an API that get data from a provider via curl.
the data comes like this :

Code:
AccountCode1234 CompneyNameA Credit: 200
AccountCode5678 CompneyNameB Credit: 200
AccountCode999 CompneyNameC Credit: 200
AccountCode2312 CompneyNameD Credit: 200
AccountCode555 CompneyNameE Credit: 200

as i dont have control of how the data present itself, and only to widraw it
i need some line to be changes heads on with other line

for exsample that thw row:
will be replaced with the row :

so the data in the file will show this order :
Code:
AccountCode5678 CompneyNameB Credit: 200
AccountCode999 CompneyNameC Credit: 200
AccountCode555 CompneyNameE Credit: 200

an not like the first exsample.
i have find info on how to chage but it deleteing the other row.
i dont wanna lose rows i just want to replace thir order.

thanks

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 12-31-2017 at 07:28 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace a line in file with blank line

Hi I nned cmd to which will help me to replace a line in file with blank line e.g. file1 a b c d e after running cmd I shud get file1 b c d e (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunn.dubeyy
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Line too long error Replace string with new line line character

I get a file which has all its content in a single row. The file contains xml data containing 3000 records, but all in a single row, making it difficult for Unix to Process the file. I decided to insert a new line character at all occurrences of a particular string in this file (say replacing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ducati
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to replace a line with modified line in same file

i have few lines in a file... i am reading them in a while loop so a particular line is held is $line1.. consider a modified line is held in $line2.... i want to replace $line1 with $line2 in the same file... how to do it..? i have come up till the below code sed "s/$line1/$line2/g" tmpfile.sql... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace line in file with line in another file based on matching string

Hi I am not the best scripter in the world and have run into a issue which you might be able to guide me on... I have two files. File1 : A123, valueA, valueB B234, valueA, valueB C345, valueA, valueB D456, valueA, valueB E567, valueA, valueB F678, valueA, valueB File2: C345,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckycharm
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace and add line in file with line in another file based on matching string

Hi, I want to achieve something similar to what described in another post: The difference is I want to add the line if the pattern is not found. File 1: A123, valueA, valueB B234, valueA, valueB C345, valueA, valueB D456, valueA, valueB E567, valueA, valueB F678, valueA, valueB ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyu3
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace line in file with line in another file based on matching string

HI Can any one guide me how to achieve this task. I have 2 files env.txt #Configuration.Properties values identity_server_url = http://identity.test-hit.com:9783/identity/service/user/register randon_password_length = 6 attachment_file_path = /pass/temp/attachments/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikilbr86
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
PS_LINETO(3)								 1							      PS_LINETO(3)

ps_lineto - Draws a line

SYNOPSIS
bool ps_lineto (resource $psdoc, float $x, float $y) DESCRIPTION
Adds a straight line from the current point to the given coordinates to the current path. Use ps_moveto(3) to set the starting point of the line. PARAMETERS
o $psdoc - Resource identifier of the postscript file as returned by ps_new(3). o $x - x-coordinate of the end point of the line. o $y - y-coordinate of the end point of the line. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Drawing a rectangle <?php $ps = ps_new(); if (!ps_open_file($ps, "rectangle.ps")) { print "Cannot open PostScript file "; exit; } ps_set_info($ps, "Creator", "rectangle.php"); ps_set_info($ps, "Author", "Uwe Steinmann"); ps_set_info($ps, "Title", "Lineto example"); ps_begin_page($ps, 596, 842); ps_moveto($ps, 100, 100); ps_lineto($ps, 100, 200); ps_lineto($ps, 200, 200); ps_lineto($ps, 200, 100); ps_lineto($ps, 100, 100); ps_stroke($ps); ps_end_page($ps); ps_delete($ps); ?> SEE ALSO
ps_moveto(3). PHP Documentation Group PS_LINETO(3)