Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and Copy Directories ONLY Post 303010434 by apacheLinux on Sunday 31st of December 2017 06:17:31 AM
Old 12-31-2017
That worked (ok)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find directories not containing foo, and copy foo to them

Hello all, I have a situation where I have a web root directory with a few thousand users spread out into 100 subdirectories in a 00/firstname.lastname, 01/firstname.lastname, etc. hierarchy. I suddenly need to make sure that each of these user directories contains a default index.html file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkaplowitz
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy multiple files in different directories

I have a report file that is generated every day by a scheduled process. Each day the file is written to a directory named .../blah_blah/Y07/MM-DD-YY/reportmmddyy.tab I want to copy all of this reports to a separate directory without having to do it one by one. However, if I try cp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken2834
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy selected Directories

I wonder if someone would help me a little here. I have a directory (folder on a mac) with about 100 subfolders and sub-subfolders and files there in. All sub directories have the same name structure, "AAA Name". Like this: ISP CompanyName ITS CompanyName KEL CompanyName KRA CompanyName... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigurarm
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file into directories and sub-directories

Hello- I need to copy a file into multiple directories, and each directory's sub-directories (of which there are 5) Currently, the parent directory is set up like this: dir1 sub-dir1 sub-dir2 sub-dir3 sub-dir4 sub-dir5 dir2 sub-dir1 sub-dir2 sub-dir3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penlok
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy Directories excluding files

Hi guys, I want to copy folder and sub folders only. I don't want the files. If i use cp -r command it will copy entirely with files. Could any one suggest me. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik82
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find 777 permisson is there or not for Directories and sub-directories

Hi All, I am Oracle Apps Tech guy, I have a requirement to find 777 permission is there or not for all Folders and Sub-folders Under APPL_TOP (Folder/directory) with below conditions i) the directory names should start with xx..... (like xxau,xxcfi,xxcca...etc) and exclude the directory... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i copy those files into other directories have the same name

how can i copy those files into other directories have the same name but different in the end i have files in directory called test: 10_10_asdadfsdfad.txt 10_10_11_asdawqefwkjasd.txt 10_10_11_12_asdafjjhoqwd.txt i want to put them in exist directory thart i have on my system i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: t17
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all .htaccess files and make a backup copy in respective directories

Hey guys, I need to know how to locate all .htaccess files on the server and make a backup of them in the folder they reside before I run a script to modify all of them. So basically taking dir1/.htaccess and copying it as dir1/.htaccess_bk dir2/.htaccess copying as dir2/.htaccess_bk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boxx
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep command to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories.

Hi all, Using grep command, i want to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories. e.g: if i want to search for a pattern named "parmeter", i used the command grep -i "param" ../* is this correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinothrajan55
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy certain info from several directories

Hi, I am writing a script to copy certain file name in txt file . It is working fine if I provide a single directory name (for example "/eos/uscms/store/user/pooja04//analysis2012/525/data/doubleele/2012/datav1/" ) where those specific files are present ending with *root . But I want to modify... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
14 Replies
syscallbypid.d(1m)						   USER COMMANDS						syscallbypid.d(1m)

NAME
syscallbypid.d - syscalls by process ID. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
syscallbypid.d DESCRIPTION
This reports the number of each type of system call made by PID. This is useful to identify which process is causing the most system calls. This is based on a script from DExplorer. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # syscallbypid.d FIELDS
PID process ID CMD process name SYSCALL system call name COUNT number of system calls made in this sample DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
syscallbypid.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
procsystime(1M), dtrace(1M), truss(1) version 1.00 Jun 28, 2005 syscallbypid.d(1m)