Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing a MAC
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Changing a MAC Post 303010318 by hicksd8 on Friday 29th of December 2017 01:27:04 PM
Old 12-29-2017
I don't see any harm in trying it but I wouldn't expect it to work.

Many licence managers rely on you not being able to change the MAC address on an adapter and, indeed, many network interfaces are built onto the motherboard so tying the application to the machine.

Do you know the name of the licence manager software (if there is one) or does the app simply read the MAC address of the system it's on?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing MAC address of a NIC

All, I have a need to software change the MAC address of a NIC in a Sparc Ultra 10 - I believe there is a command that allows to do this at boot up? Is it a missing (to me) part of ifconfig ? If so, what is the syntax? All replies gratefully received ! Thanks Andrew (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wretch
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

changing MAC address

hi, i wanted to know how to change the MAC id of the machine i`m using.. I know the MAC is permanent n on the ROM, but i wanted to know if there was any way to change it during tht particular session.. also.. if it was possible.. could it be kept changed for sometime...? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: caltiger
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing the DNS on a mac server

can anyone help on this subject, i'm pretty much at a loss any help appreciated thanks in advance hopefully (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
2 Replies

4. SCO

Changing MAC address in SCO 5.0.6

Hi, For som reason i need to change MAC address of SCO Open Server 5.0.6. I have searched foe answer too much but i didn't fin any thing well.:mad: Please help me, Thx:cool::) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mammut3d
4 Replies
MACTELNET(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MACTELNET(1)

NAME
mactelnet - A tool for telneting via MAC addresses SYNOPSIS
mactelnet [options] <MAC-Address|hostname> DESCRIPTION
This tool enables you to telnet other RouterOS or MAC-Telnetd enabled devices. You can connect to either a hostname or a MAC address. If specified, the hostname (identity) will be looked up via MNDP discovery. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax. A summary of options is included below. -n Do not use broadcast packets. A tad less insecure but requires root privileges. This means that ethernet packets will have the specified mac-address as the packet destination, instead of using the ethernet broadcast address. -t Amount of seconds to wait for a response on each interface. If you have several network interfaces, this is the timeout value per interface. -u Specify username. Without this option, you will need to enter the username in a interactive prompt. -p Specify password. Without this option, you will need to enter the password in a interactive prompt. -h Show summary of options. -v Show version of program. SEE ALSO
mndp(1), mactelnetd(1), macping(1). AUTHOR
mactelnet was written by Hakon Nessjoen <haakon.nessjoen@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Hakon Nessjoen <haakon.nessjoen@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). February 27, 2011 MACTELNET(1)