Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help in printing records where there is a 'header' in the first record ??? Post 303010171 by RudiC on Thursday 28th of December 2017 02:36:06 AM
Old 12-28-2017
That looks like a query result from a DB created with a special formatting. Any chance to modify the query's format in the first place?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract duplicate records with associated header record

All, I have a task to search through several hundred files and extract duplicate detail records and keep them grouped with their header record. If no duplicate detail record exists, don't pull the header. For example, an input file could look like this: input.txt HA D1 D2 D2 D3 D4 D4... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_eim
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count No of Records in File without counting Header and Trailer Records

I have a flat file and need to count no of records in the file less the header and the trailer record. I would appreciate any and all asistance Thanks Hadi Lalani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guiguy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to update header record

I am using HP UX and think this may be done with awk but bot sure. I have a file with a several header records and undeneath many detail records I need to put in the header record the number of detail records above this header record and number of detail records below this header record Header... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: klut
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change order of fields in header record

Hello, after 9 months of archiving 1000 files, now, i need to change the order of fields in the header record. some very large, space padded files. HEADERCAS05212008D0210DOMEST01(spacepadded to record length 210) must now be 05212008HEADERCASD0210DOMEST01(spacepadded to record length 210) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JohnMario
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Skip parsing the header record - Awk

Guys.... Got a scenario in which I need to skip parsing the header record while I do an awk. Does awk has the flexibility to accomplish this?. If so, how do we do this?. Thanks !!! -Anduzzi :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insertion of Header record

A header record is to be inserted in the begining of a flat file without using extra file or new file. It should be inserted into same file. Advace thanks for all help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreekrishnagd
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pull date from header and append to all records

I did some searches, but couldn't really find what I'm looking for. I have a file formatted as below: BOF ABC CO - XYZ COMM DATA OF 07/05/2011 EBA00000001 sdfa rtyus uyml EBB00000001 54682 984w3 EBA00000002 mkiyuasdf 98234 I want to pull the date from the header record and add it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keeferb
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specific Header after every 30 records

Hi All, I have got a requirement. I have a source file, EMPFULL.txt and I need to split the data for every 30 records and place a Typical Header as below with system and page number too. 2012.01.03 Employee Dept Report 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srk409
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Approach on Header record

All, I currently have a requirement to fetch a Date value from a table. And then insert a Header record into a file along with that date value. ex: echo "HDR"" "`date +%Y%j` `date +%Y%m%d` In the above example I used julian date and standard date using Current Date. But the requirement... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmaroju
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy header values into records

I'm using a shell script to manipulate a data file. I have a large file with two sets of data samples (tracking memory consumption) taken over a long period of time, so I have many samples. The problem is that all the data is in the same file so that each sample contains two sets of data.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abercrom
2 Replies
mcxquery(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       mcxquery(1)

NAME
mcxquery -- Managed Client (MCX) compositor query tool SYNOPSIS
mcxquery [options] [-user recordName] [-group recordName] [-computer spec] options: -o path Writes output to a file at the specified path. -format space | tab | xml Specifies the format of the output. -computerOnly Ignore values for -user and -group. -useCache Return the cached computer settings in the local node if they are available. -raw Dumps Directory Service data for records contributing to managed preferences. -forApple Convenience for specifying options when sending bug reports to Apple. Currently enables "-raw" and "-for- mat xml". See usage example below. DESCRIPTION
mcxquery is a utility to determine the effective managed preferences for a user logging in to a workgroup from a specific computer. -user Specify the short name of the user record to read managed preferences from. If this parameter is omitted, or a value of "=" speci- fied, the short name of the currently logged in console user will be used. -group Specify the short name of the group record to read managed preferences from. A value of "=" may be specified to mean the name of the workgroup (if any) chosen for the current login session. -computer Specify the computer record to read managed preferences from. The computer can be specified using either an Ethernet MAC address (e.g. "11:22:33:44:55:66"), a Hardware UUID (e.g. "00112233-4455-6677-8899-AABBCCDDEEFF") or the short name of the computer record itself (e.g. "lab1_12"). If this parameter is omitted, or a value of "=" specified, the record for the current computer will be used. EXAMPLES
mcxquery -user jane -group science -computer lab1_12 Displays the managed preferences that would be in effect if user "jane" logged in using workgroup "science" from the computer speci- fied in the "lab1_12" computer record. mcxquery -user jane -group science -computer 11:22:33:44:55:66 Displays the managed preferences that would be in effect if user "jane" logged in using workgroup "science" from a computer with an Ethernet MAC address of 11:22:33:44:55:66. mcxquery -user = -group = -computer guest Displays the managed preferences that would be in effect if the current user logged in using the current workgroup into a computer not specified by any computer record (i.e. a "guest" computer). mcxquery -user jane -group math Displays the managed preferences that would be in effect if the user "jane" logged into the "math" workgroup on the current com- puter. mcxquery -o /tmp/report.txt -format xml -user jane Writes the managed preferences that would be in effect if user "jane" logged into the current computer without a workgroup. The report is written in XML format to /tmp/report.txt. mcxquery -computerOnly -computer lab1_12 Displays the managed preferences for the computer specified in the "lab1_12" computer record only. Useful for determining managed settings when computer is at login window. mcxquery -computerOnly -computer 00112233-4455-6677-8899-AABBCCDDEEFF Displays the managed preferences for the computer with the Hardware UUID "00112233-4455-6677-8899-AABBCCDDEEFF". Supported on Mac OS X 10.6 and later. mcxquery -forApple -o results.plist Creates a plist, suitable for submitting along with bug reports to Apple, containing the managed preferences for the current user on the current computer. Also includes relevant records from Directory Services. Supported on Mac OS X 10.7 and later. SEE ALSO
dscl(1) MacOSX November 30, 2010 MacOSX