Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Cannot view the files on the smartphone anymore Post 303009884 by milhan on Thursday 21st of December 2017 02:49:38 PM
Old 12-21-2017
Linux Cannot view the files on the smartphone anymore

My current Fedora version is 27. Desktop environment is LXDE. I am trying to view files sitting on my smartphone (Sony Xperia XA ultra) but it doesn't work anymore. This used to work before. I cannot view image and mp3 files but text files and pdf files work fine. When I move the files to the local hard drive it works fine. The file manager I am using is the default PCManFM. I had Nautilus file manager before as well and then removed it. I believe the problem started after I removed Nautilus. The removal operation might have accidentally changed some settings or removed some necessary files.. I don't know. Any idea?

Last edited by milhan; 12-21-2017 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: typo mistake

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view log files

i have this unix version "unix v/386" and i want to view the log files how i can do it? regards (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

View files in columns

Can some on say how in simplest way to implement the following: I have two files: 1) some some some 2) another another another I need to get third file: 3) some another some another some another (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To view .gz files without decompressing it

hi, I have a file called Archiver1.gz how to view this file without doing gunzip on it i.e. decompressing it i tried this command but its not working: gzcat Archiver1.gz | tail -10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To view compressed files

Hello All I compressed a file hello by using compress command compress hello ( enter ) i got the file as hello.z 1. My question is how can i see the file hello.z 2. How can i uncompress it back to change it to filename hello thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
4 Replies

5. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Android Captures Smartphone Lead In U.S.

Reference (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

6. Linux

Linux and Smartphone

Is there any linux smartphone? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techslate
2 Replies
gnome-vfs.applications.4(4)					   File Formats 				       gnome-vfs.applications.4(4)

NAME
gnome-vfs.applications - GNOME VFS application registry DESCRIPTION
GnomeVFS is obsolete. Refer to the GNOME Desktop System Administration Guide for information about how to register MIME type information with the GNOME desktop. The GNOME Desktop System Administration Guide can be viewed with yelp(1). The GNOME MIME magic and MIME info files (see gnome-vfs-mime-magic(4)) enable GNOME VFS to associate a data file with its icon and descrip- tion. The GNOME VFS application registry provides a way to launch the applications associated with such files. The registration of applications to various MIME types is specified in text files placed in the /usr/share/gnome/application-registry directory. GNOME provides a default registry file called gnome-vfs.applications. Vendor-specific registry files can also be placed in this directory. This information is used extensively by nautilus(1), the GNOME file manager. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
The format of the application registry file is simple. Each application entry is made up of a name followed by a number of key-value pairs. The application name must have been specified in one of the .keys files. The minimum required key fields are as follows: command The command to execute. name The descriptive name of the command, which will appear in the Open With menu in Nautilus. can_open_multiple_files The value of this field can be true or false. expects_uris The value of this field can be true or false. This field tells Nautilus whether the application can accept http:, ftp: and so on specifications to open at the command line. If this is true, you must add the supported_uri_schemes field. requires_terminal The value of this field can be true or false. mime_types The list of comma-separated mime-types defined by MIME magic or MIME info files. Optional field: supported_uri_schemes Specifies the list of protocols supported by the application; for example, http, ftp, file, telnet, gopher. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Registering CDE Imagetool with GNOME Application Registry sdtimage command=sdtimage name=sdtimage can_open_multiple_files=false expects_uris=false requires_terminal=false mime_types=image/tiff,image/gif,application/postscript,image/jpeg,x-xpixmap Example 2: Registering Netscape with GNOME Application Registry netscape command=netscape name=Netscape can_open_multiple_files=true expects_uris=true requires_terminal=false supported_uri_schemes=file,http,ftp,telnet,gopher mime_types=text/html,x-directory/webdav,x-directory/webdav-prefer-directory,image/gif,image/jpeg ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of gnome-vfs.applications: NLSPATH. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/share/gnome/application-registry/gnome-vfs.applications /usr/share/gnome/application-registry/solaris-gnome2.0.applications ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Obsolete Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nautilus(1), gnome-vfs-mime-magic(4), libgnomevfs-2(3), gnome-interfaces(5) Latest version of the GNOME Desktop System Administration Guide for your platform. NOTES
Written by Ghee Teo, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.11 14 May 2008 gnome-vfs.applications.4(4)