Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setfib on Solaris?
Operating Systems Solaris Setfib on Solaris? Post 303008611 by rbatte1 on Monday 4th of December 2017 08:24:12 AM
Old 12-04-2017
Can you explain why you would want this? Are you concerned about the security of your network or are you trying to load balance it somehow? Unless you have separate network cards in your server (not just multi-port cards) there is likely to be contention.

The gateway is just a path on the next step of the network to devices not on your subnet. Beyond that, the routers probably merge the traffic down trunk routes anyway.

Can you clarify what you really want to achieve so we can consider options?

Thanks in advance,
Robin

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris ssh client hangs when connecting to another Solaris machine

Got a strange problem. I have 4 Solaris servers all configured the same, Solaris 10 x86 update 10. When I try to ssh from one Solaris 10 server to another server ssh hangs. I have an identical server and when I try this everything works fine. The weird thing is if I am root on the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to add Solaris text console to Solaris grub2 menu?

Hi, I am new to sloaris and just instlled the solaris 11.2, i know little more about linux, i open the /boot/grub/grub.cfg in solaris and there is many other entries forl solaris 11.2 one of them is for 'Oracle Solaris 11.2 text console' but at boot grub2 only show the first default entry that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamsat
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Patching Procedure in Solaris 10 with sun cluster having Solaris zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to find the patching procedure for solaris 10 ( sol10 u11) to latest patchset with sun cluster having failover zones so that same I should follow. Take an instance, there are sol1 and sol2 nodes and having two failover zones like sozone1-rg and sozone2-rg and currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nick101
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)				     systemd-networkd.service				       SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-networkd.service, systemd-networkd - Network manager SYNOPSIS
systemd-networkd.service /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd DESCRIPTION
systemd-networkd is a system service that manages networks. It detects and configures network devices as they appear, as well as creating virtual network devices. To configure low-level link settings independently of networks, see systemd.link(5). systemd-networkd will create network devices based on the configuration in systemd.netdev(5) files, respecting the [Match] sections in those files. systemd-networkd will manage network addresses and routes for any link for which it finds a .network file with an appropriate [Match] section, see systemd.network(5). For those links, it will flush existing network addresses and routes when bringing up the device. Any links not matched by one of the .network files will be ignored. It is also possible to explicitly tell systemd-networkd to ignore a link by using Unmanaged=yes option, see systemd.network(5). When systemd-networkd exits, it generally leaves existing network devices and configuration intact. This makes it possible to transition from the initrams and to restart the service without breaking connectivity. This also means that when configuration is updated and systemd-networkd is restarted, netdev interfaces for which configuration was removed will not be dropped, and may need to be cleaned up manually. CONFIGURATION FILES
The configuration files are read from the files located in the system network directory /lib/systemd/network, the volatile runtime network directory /run/systemd/network and the local administration network directory /etc/systemd/network. Networks are configured in .network files, see systemd.network(5), and virtual network devices are configured in .netdev files, see systemd.netdev(5). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.link(5), systemd.network(5), systemd.netdev(5), systemd-networkd-wait-online.service(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)