Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Connect to database with shell output Post 303008137 by Don Cragun on Monday 27th of November 2017 03:52:50 PM
Old 11-27-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by grvk101
Dear RUDIC,

Thnx for the edit.

@DON,

I made changes and the script is executing. But the output which I am getting is not a single in but in iterations.
The input file has 3 lines and output generated is as follows.

OUTPUT

Code:
select * from tablename where sdigits in
(990099110300112517)
(990099110300116099,
990099110300112517)
(990099110300116094,
990099110300112517)

The above output is from a single file only.

Regards.
GVK
Please try using the code I suggested in post #2:
Code:
filedate=$(date '+%d%m%Y')
awk '
/H\|/ {	pn[substr($0, 9, 18)]
}
END {	print "select * from tablename where sdigits in"
	sep = "("
	for(i in pn) {
		printf("%s%s", sep, i)
		sep = ",\n"
	}
	print ")"
}' $filedate*lpn*

exactly as shown above without removing line breaks and without adding line breaks that are in the above suggestion. There is a HUGE difference in the behavior of:
Code:
END { ... }

and:
Code:
END
{ ... }

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can i connect from a .sh or .sc to a database?

please, help me-.... i need connect to a database Sybase IQ 12 and I don't know if i can do it using a shell program. if it's posibble, please tell me how... please, help me, because I don't know what to do.... thanks... jonathan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to connect database in TC

Anybody please help me how connect a database file in TC for windows. regards Senthil. K (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Senthil
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to sybase database using Korn shell script

Hi, Can anyone please give me a script or let me know how to connect to a sybase database and execute a query using Korn shell scripts.Am new to Unix but i need to do this ASAP. Please help. Thanks, Gops (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhgopi
7 Replies

4. IP Networking

how you connect to a database

i am working on informix database can any body helps me with coding how to connect to it on solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneek
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to database db2 through Unix Shell Script

I am trying to connect to database db2 through shell script. The process I am trying is > db2 It gives me error Access Denied. While checking for access I have the rights. Is there ant other way round..? Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how will i connect postgres database from unix shell script

I have got the solution so just closing this issue. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell scripting+connect to oracle database+spooling

Hi! Everyone I am new to the shell scripting basically.I have been asked to create a shell script that connect to a oracle database to read data from a particular schema then spool it into a csv file then email to customer. Can anybody let me know how to go about that. I have create... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr Mo
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Linux to connect to a database and execute store procedure

HI, i want to write a script (Linux) that: 1) connect to a database oracle 2) execute some store procedure. Can anybody help me, please? Thanks a lot Andrew (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manichino74
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to connect to the oracle database

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a requirement to write a script, Oracle DB gets referesh every 6hrs, hence we need write a script to connect to the database , if it connects it should generate a file to proceed the next job application or when an error when connectiong to DB it should not generate any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshivali
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to Oracle database using shell script?

Hi All, I am newbie to unix shell scripting. I want to connect to oracle database using shell script. I know how to connect DB using user name and password but my question is if my password is having '@' sign then how to connect. I have tried like below, cnt=`sqlplus -s /nolog << EOFSQL ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmotewar
3 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD