Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Attchment in mailx command is not happening Post 303006856 by maddelav on Wednesday 8th of November 2017 08:45:36 AM
Old 11-08-2017
iam the one who is doing this in my pre-prod env...

i had used the mailx as well. but it is not working.

thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Ping is happening, telnet is not happening

HI all, Ping is happening to a AIX box...but telnet is not happening... AIX box doesn't have any conslole... Please help how to resolve it. Thanks in advance .. Manu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailx Command

Hi, mailx -s "hi" -r "abc@yahoo.com" aaa@yahoo.com<<EOF Hi, ~<!uuencode a.txt a.txt EOF the above code is sending mails, but attachment is not going instead i just get like below ~<!uuencode a.txt a.txt Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Send a mail with attchment...?

Hi all, how to send an E-mail with an attchment in HP-Unix...? i am using the following command in solaris...! for HP..? uuencode $Basic_location/out.csv $Basic_location/out.csv | mailx -s "$SUBJ" $TO_LIST please let me know how we can use this in HP box...? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx command

hi, i want to pass a unix variable as the subject of the mail alongwith a string. My part of code is as below.. week_end_dt=`sqlplus -s rsamart@martdev.world/rsamart<<EOF SET FEED OFF; SET TIMING OFF; SET HEADING OFF; SET PAGESIZE 500; SET LINESIZE 1000; select... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jalkukdi@10
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx and -s command

How does the -s command work with mailx. I know that -s is to create a symbolic link when being used with ln but i'm not sure what the command does with mailx. Anyone?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjetterman
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command

Hi, This post is regarding sending mails from Unix. How can we include "bcc" in a "mailx" command. I searched google to find out the -b option; but my man pages doesnot show that option(it throws me an error: "-b not found"). It has a "~b" option but i am not sure how to use it. Could you people... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thumban
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx command

Hi, I am seeing that this command is sending mail even when the nawk command in untrue ( does not have any output ). I only want it to send mail, where it goes above the threshold, and has some output. nawk -F'(MOD dn="uid=)|(DEL dn="uid=)|' '/(MOD dn="uid=)|(DEL dn="uid=)/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx command

( cat textfile.txt; ) | mailx -s "test mail " `cat mailids.lst` from :'server@example.com' to : for all contacts in text file mailids.lst above command is sending mails correctly for all contacts in text file mailids.lst, but 'from' address is showing as 'server@example.com' but i want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

10. HP-UX

Help with Mailx command

I need to do below in mailx : 1. to list 2. CC list (I am using tilde command for this) 3. -r option 4. attach .csv file Below is the command i am using : ( echo '~c abc@xyz.com'; cat mailtext.txt; uuencode attach.csv attach.csv) | mailx -s "${SUBJECT}" -r "abc@xyz.com" -m ${MAIL_LIST}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ManOfSteel
4 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)