Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C++ linking library to a library Post 303006577 by jim mcnamara on Friday 3rd of November 2017 02:48:52 PM
Old 11-03-2017
Let me understand.

You want to add your shared library module to an existing lapack library (or archive?). Aside from the fact that this is a really bad idea, short answer is: this cannot be done.

You will have to use LD_PRELOAD. Google for examples: interposing libraries.

If you have an lapack archive (.o) file then you can add another archive file to the lapack distribution, which is still a bad idea.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Link error while linking a shared library in unix

Getting the following error , ld: /opt/syncsort39/lib/libsyncsort.sl: Mismatched ABI. 64-bit PA shared library found in 32-bit link. Is there any difference in the ld options in opt file while linking a 64 bit shared library ? Or is the problem because we are trying to link both 32 bit and 64... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

3. AIX

Help while linking the library in AIX

Hi, I have one library(libfoo.a) that is folder /home/xyz and my c program is in /home/xyz/cprog. Whenever I issue cc command cc -o test test.c -lfoo , i get the error /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfoo. echo $PATH has already listing of /home/xyz variable, even LIBPATH also has same entry... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishisoft1
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

5. Programming

Library linking with GMP

I am trying to set up the gnu multiple precision arithmetic library for some c++ programming I have to do. I am using a system with mac osx 10.6.3 and do NOT have root user access. I'm trying to use gmp 5.0.1. Since I don't have root user access, I had to install to a different directory Thus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluejayek
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Linking to a shared library

I'm trying to get Valgrind to work with an openmpi application in OS X. However I want to hardcode the path to a shared library called libmpiwrap-amd64-darwin.so into my application so that it is available at runtime. In Linux this is relatively simple, I would just add the option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Valgrinder
0 Replies

7. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

8. AIX

Add shared members from library to same library in a different directory

I'm trying to install libiconv to AIX 7.1 from an rpm off of the perzl site. The rpm appears to install but I get this error message. add shr4.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a add shr.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
5 Replies
APR-1-CONFIG(1) 						   User Commands						   APR-1-CONFIG(1)

NAME
apr-1-config - Return metainformation about apr library SYNOPSIS
apr-1-config [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The apr-1-config program is used to retrieve information about the apr library in the system. It is typically used to compile and link against the library. When linking with libtool, an application should do something like: APR_LIBS="`apr-1-config --link-libtool --libs`" or when linking directly: APR_LIBS="`apr-1-config --link-ld --libs`" An application should use the results of --cflags, --cppflags, --includes, and --ldflags in their build process. OPTIONS
Known values for OPTION are: --prefix[=DIR] change prefix to DIR --bindir print location where binaries are installed --includedir print location where headers are installed --cc print C compiler name --cpp print C preprocessor name and any required options --cflags print C compiler flags --cppflags print C preprocessor flags --includes print include information --ldflags print linker flags --libs print additional libraries to link against --srcdir print APR source directory --installbuilddir print APR build helper directory --link-ld print link switch(es) for linking to APR --link-libtool print the libtool inputs for linking to APR --shlib-path-var print the name of the shared library path env var --apr-la-file print the path to the .la file, if available --apr-so-ext print the extensions of shared objects on this platform --apr-lib-target print the libtool target information --apr-libtool print the path to APR's libtool --version print the APR's version as a dotted triple --help print the help AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Vincent Danjean <Vincent.Danjean@ens-lyon.org> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). apr-1-config 1.2.2 March 2006 APR-1-CONFIG(1)