Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Inconsistency with parallel run Post 303006261 by arunkumar_mca on Monday 30th of October 2017 12:22:47 PM
Old 10-30-2017
No we are not wring the file . Basically we are reading the file from NAS and then comparing the same file with qualified records and doing the aggregation.

The file in NAS is the full set. Where it have details about the customer and the file we will be compared will be SAN. Which have the transaction record of customer. The file from NAS will be compared with the transaction record and then the aggrigation happens. We are splitting that into 7 parallel so that we can achieve performance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run processes in parallel?

In a korn shell script, how can I run several processes in parallel at the same time? For example, I have 3 processes say p1, p2, p3 if I call them as p1.ksh p2.ksh p3.ksh they will run after one process finishes. But I want to run them in parallel and want to display "Process p1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasak
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a same script in parallel with diffs parameters

i have script say some_script.ksh that takes an argument I need to run some_script.ksh in background parallely at the sametime with different arguments. Once all the background jobs complete, i need to run this script again in parallel with another 5 set of arguments. Would really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hyennah
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run a script parallel for a month's worth:

Is there a utility that can be used in a shell script that would run a .sql file for 30 or 31 days in a month at the same time parallely. Please Advice. Thanks SD12. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sd12
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a command in parallel

Hi all, How do i run a command in parallel 50 times and capturing the result of each run in a separate file Eg: myApp arg1 > run1.txt myApp arg1 > run2.txt ::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::: myApp arg1 > run50.txt The above way is sequential. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script - how to prevent in parallel run

I have one shell script which is being accessed by many jobs at same time. I want to make the script such that , other job should wait for the script if script is being used by some other job. Is there any way to implement it in script level ? Gops (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run in series and Parallel

I have a list with four dates say load_date.lst contains 2010-01-01 2010-01-31 2010-03-01 2010-03-31 2010-05-01 2010-05-31 2010-07-01 2010-07-31 And I have directory /lll/src/sql with set of sql's 1_load.sql 2_load.sql 3_load.sql I want to run the sql'in series with respective to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script in parallel

Hey, I am new to UNIX scripting . I have script (ex: start_script) that starts a job in 10 different servers one server after another.Now I want to modify the script so that the script starts the job in all servers parallely (at a time in all servers).and I need the choice of selecting the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpspsm
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

To run job in parallel in batch

Hi, I am using a batch file to run 2 or more shutdown batch for each of my server like below: Shutdown_serverA.bat Shutdown_serverB.bat ... Is there anyway i can do this in parallel instead of serially:confused: ServerA & ServerB shutdown at the same time in one click (batch). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the for loop in parallel

I have the below code which runs on multiple databases , but this runs one-after-one. I will need this to run in parallel so that i could save a lot of time. Please help!!! Thanks in advance for Db in `cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab |egrep -v "ASM" |grep -v \# |cut -d\: -f1` do { export... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script in parallel in while loop

Hi I am running a loop which actually runs same script for different argument value passed to it. while read repID do echo "Starting for $repID"; date; perl process_report.pl $repID done<${FILE_TO_READ} However this runs in sequence. I want the loop to not to wait for perl to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
3 Replies
scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas(1M)			  System Administration Commands			  scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas(1M)

NAME
scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas - add and remove shared Network Appliance network-attached storage (NAS) quorum devices and change various NAS cluster quorum configuration properties or states. SYNOPSIS
scconf {-a|-c|-r} -q name=devicename otheroptions DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. A Network Appliance NAS device can be configured as a quorum device for Sun Cluster. The NAS configuration information consists of: o a device name, which must be unique across quorum devices o a filer name, which defaults to the device name if not specified o a LUN ID, which defaults to 0 if not specified To provide support for NAS devices as quorum devices, the administrator must install the quorum device support module provided by Network Appliance. If this module is not available, scconfprevents the addition of the quorum device. See Sun Cluster With Network-Attached Storage Devices Manual for Solaris OS for instructions about obtaining the support module. Additionally, the iSCSI license must be valid for the Network Appliance device. OPTIONS
The following options can be used for NAS quorum devices. See scconf(1M) for the list of supported generic options. See scconf_quo- rum_dev_netapp_nas(1M) for options that are specific to shared disk quorum devices. The add and remove forms of the command are used to add and remove NAS quorum devices to or from the configuration. The change form of the command is used for changing various properties of cluster quorum configuration. Before you add a quorum device, you must set up and configure the device and the logical unit number (LUN) on the device to be configured as a quorum device. For detailed procedures, see your Network Appliance documentation. For Sun Cluster requirements of device setup, see Sun Cluster With Network-Attached Storage Devices Manual for Solaris OS. After the quorum device is added, you cannot change the type. Add a NAS quorum device: -q -a name=devicename,type=netapp_nas[,filer=filer-name][,lun_id=0] Change a NAS quorum device's configuration: -q -c name=devicename,{maintstate | reset} Remove a NAS quorum device: -q -r name=devicename The -q option supports the following Network Appliance NAS-specific suboptions: filer=filer-name Specifies the name of the device on the network that you can use to access the NAS device when you are using rsh or telnet. lun_id=0 Specifies the LUN ID on the NAS device that will be a NAS quorum device. The LUN ID defaults to 0. When scconf is interrupted or fails while performing quorum-related operations, quorum configuration information can become inconsistent in the cluster configuration database. If an inconsistency occurs, either run the same scconf command again or run it with the reset option to reset the quorum information. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Adding Network Appliance NAS Quorum Devices The following scconf command adds the Network Appliance NAS quorum device qd1. -a -q name=qd1,type=netapp_nas,filer=nas1.sun.com,lun_id=0 Example 2 Removing Network Appliance NAS Quorum Devices The following scconf command removes the Network Appliance NAS quorum device qd1. -r -q name=qd1 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clquorum(1CL), cluster(1CL), scconf(1M), scconf-quorum-dev-scsi(1M) Sun Cluster 3.2 10 Apr 2006 scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas(1M)