Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CUPS and Default Router
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users CUPS and Default Router Post 303005960 by Paulbas on Wednesday 25th of October 2017 09:35:37 AM
Old 10-25-2017
CUPS and Default Router

Hi everyone, new to the forums. So more manufacturers are doing away with the default router setting in their user interface and CUPS will not print with no/incorrect default router setting. Is there any way around this? Currently using OpenServer 6 on CUPS version 1.3.9

Thanks.

Last edited by Paulbas; 10-25-2017 at 10:51 AM..

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router?

I set up remote printing on a clients Unix server to my Windows XP USB printer. My USB printer is connected directly to my PC (no print server and no network input on printer). With my Win XP PC connected to my cable modem (without the router), i can do lp -dhp842c /etc/hosts and it prints. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
7 Replies
lpc(8)								    Apple Inc.								    lpc(8)

NAME
lpc - line printer control program SYNOPSIS
lpc [ command [ parameter(s) ] ] DESCRIPTION
lpc provides limited control over printer and class queues provided by CUPS. It can also be used to query the state of queues. If no command is specified on the command-line, lpc will display a prompt and accept commands from the standard input. COMMANDS
The lpc program accepts a subset of commands accepted by the Berkeley lpc program of the same name: exit Exits the command interpreter. help [command] ? [command] Displays a short help message. quit Exits the command interpreter. status [queue] Displays the status of one or more printer or class queues. LIMITATIONS
Since lpc is geared towards the Berkeley printing system, it is impossible to use lpc to configure printer or class queues provided by CUPS. To configure printer or class queues you must use the lpadmin(8) command or another CUPS-compatible client with that functionality. COMPATIBILITY
The CUPS version of lpc does not implement all of the standard Berkeley or LPRng commands. SEE ALSO
cancel(1), cupsaccept(8), cupsenable(8), lp(1), lpr(1), lprm(1), lpstat(1), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc. 3 November 2008 CUPS lpc(8)